• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rectal Admin. of Dilaudid w/ SEVERE Constipation

Have you tried anything like yoga?

I know that sounds kinda odd, given your situation, but I think there's a chance it could benefit you.

:X Hello my fellow "can't poop peeps". Sorry, JB...I'm desperate and beyond! I tried to message d1nach for exact recipe of enema. I'm open to suggestions of others, though I've tried most everything over past 3.5 days.

As previously stated, constipation is my nemesis. Sorry if repeating, but mine is caused by disease, surgery to remove disease and all that implies. I'm certain there are adhesions, and scans show left splenic flexure "syndrome". My transcending colon "crimps" into my descending colon (like a garden hose). Stool has a nearly impossible feat to pass through the crimp/twist.

I use a stockpile of methods/modalities attempting to keep my bowels loose and moving. I take everything from Ducosate to Miralax to Linzess 290. Desperate times I reach for MC and/or enemas.

I'm in a hell of a shape right now, after trying EVERYTHING in my arsenal for 3 days. I've taken multiple 32-48 oz. warm water enemas. I added mineral oil or glycerin or castile soap. I even tried the Epson salt (both oral and enema).

I joke that I'm POOP PATROL...but I need to defer to the wiser. d1nach...You said you take daily enemas, right? Can you pm or email me your "recipe"? I would so appreciate it.

I've no doubt I'm dehydrated after fighting the flu from before Christmas through New Years and beyond. I'm one of few people who fantasize that they have a standing order for repeated bags of IV "super juice" to rehydrate my body. I'm drinking MUCH, but confident I hear "sucking" noises of absorption in my gut!

Gross, but murky water rush appears to only be washing past the hard stool. I'm desperate and don't want to have to go to the ER where they'll do nothing more than what I'm already doing. Been there, done...well, you know.

HELP...somebody, anybody...this is serious (can't) shit! Gr-r-r-r-r

Try a mixture of polyethylene glycol, aloe vera juice and apple juice. That aloe vera is very good, along with the other 2 things that make you shit. When I went 14 days without shitting, the only thing that worked was going to the hospital and telling them I have literally tried everything I could find and they gave me that gallon of polyethylene glycol mixture that you have to drink 8 ounces of every 10 minutes. It sucks, but it may be your only hope at this point. Going to the hospital for constipation sucks, but it's better than ending up with an obstruction. The nurses are used to getting shit on, pissed on, puked on, bled on... Everything imaginable. It's no big deal.

Thanks, jB...How are you feeling? I never found your post about your VICTORY poop! Did I miss it? Any pointers for me? I am in DIRE straits!

I swim laps daily, as well as yoga stretches to maintain mobility. I have horrendous arthritis and bone loss resulting from Lupron treatments for stage 4 Endometriosis. Walking and/or running is too brutal on my knees and hip, which need replacements. I refuse TKR and THR for now. The swimming and yoga are therapeutic, keeping me sane and productive.

My gut issue is not diet or exercise related.

IMHO, the crimped section of my colon should have been removed and resected during my 1994 open ab surgery (stem to stern). I had both a cancer surgeon and a colon surgeon at the table. They said they wouldn't "touch it", when I asked afterwards if they fixed that problem. Why? Hell if I know...I'm assuming liability issues. I often wish I'd died on the operating table.

Yes, it's that fucking bad...and then some.

:| Thank you, roxi...I guess we were typing simultaneously.

I'm calling the pharmacy to ask if I need a script for "Go-Litely". That's what they gave me last time I was hospitalized for a partial obstruction. I puke in my mouth a little just thinking of it. Almost a big bottle of Miralax in 3 days plus enemas, softeners, etc. has produced very little fecal output, if any.

I've no doubt that the flu meds (I had to take to survive the Christmas crud) made matters worse than ever.

If only the apathetic fuckers at my rural hospital would keep standing orders for Relistor injection and fluid replacement IV...I'd be "KING OF THE WORLD".

Oh, wait...hm-m-m, that was what my lifelong GP did for me. Sadly, we buried him in 2015 along with any hope I had for HELP.

:| Thank you, roxi...I guess we were typing simultaneously.

I'm calling the pharmacy to ask if I need a script for "Go-Litely". That's what they gave me last time I was hospitalized for a partial obstruction. I puke in my mouth a little just thinking of it. Almost a big bottle of Miralax in 3 days plus enemas, softeners, etc. has produced very little fecal output, if any.

I've no doubt that the flu meds (I had to take to survive the Christmas crud) made matters worse than ever.

If only the apathetic fuckers at my rural hospital would keep standing orders for Relistor injection and fluid replacement IV...I'd be "KING OF THE WORLD".

Oh, wait...hm-m-m, that was what my lifelong GP did for me. Sadly, we buried him in 2015 along with any hope I had for HELP.

Yes, go lytely is what I'm talking about. If that doesn't work I would go to the hospital as you could have an obstruction. Mine was so bad that I drank the whole thing (disgusting taste) and still couldn't go for about 30-60 minutes AFTER I got all that crap down. The first one that came out was still a struggle but after that it was like Niagra falls....I'd never felt so relieved in my life. 14 days without shitting is horrible.

ask your doctor about amitiza...pills that evacuated me after 15 days of trying everything including that awful MC

:\ I'm taking Linzess 290 daily since hospitalized last year with partial obstruction.

Is it possible my colon has stopped responding? The only results were ever explosive poop-water-rushed past what I believe to be "stool" clinging to my colon. I never felt fully evacuated or empty, yet pain and bloating.

Do you think the switch to Amitiza could be beneficial? Relistor? Movantik? The latter 2 are uber expensive. I've read that Domperidom (sic) is still available through Canadian pharmacies. Has anyone tried this?

I have a rapid fire gag reflex, so drinking mass amounts of colon prep is traumatic. So is the thought of losing my colon to a colostomy bag!

My lower back/left flank hurts SO much. I lay in the floor taking in a 500 ml warm water w/mineral oil enema today. I held it for 30 minutes. It never released. Is it possible that a monster dry turd is sucking all of that water/oil into it? I'm miserable, in more ways than one.

:\ I'm taking Linzess 290 daily since hospitalized last year with partial obstruction.

Is it possible my colon has stopped responding? The only results were ever explosive poop-water-rushed past what I believe to be "stool" clinging to my colon. I never felt fully evacuated or empty, yet pain and bloating.

Do you think the switch to Amitiza could be beneficial? Relistor? Movantik? The latter 2 are uber expensive. I've read that Domperidom (sic) is still available through Canadian pharmacies. Has anyone tried this?

I have a rapid fire gag reflex, so drinking mass amounts of colon prep is traumatic. So is the thought of losing my colon to a colostomy bag!

My lower back/left flank hurts SO much. I lay in the floor taking in a 500 ml warm water w/mineral oil enema today. I held it for 30 minutes. It never released. Is it possible that a monster dry turd is sucking all of that water/oil into it? I'm miserable, in more ways than one.

Holding in for 30 minutes and never evacuating would also make me think that a massive dry turd is stuck in there and perhaps an obstruction. The longer you wait the worse it's going to get. Please go to the hospital and get checked out. Let us know how it turns out. An obstruction was always one of my biggest fears abusing opiates.

:! Fuckers at my local rural hospital won't do anything, but send me 2 hours away to Jackson. During partial obstruction, where CT at the ER showed "bowel filled with stool and bladder filled with infection", the doctor scoffed at me while writing lactulose and Cipro scripts.

He wouldn't listen that I'd been trying everything for DAYS. He sent me home to suffer 5 more days until emergency admit.

This is a pretty common condition for me, though not "sexy". I thought I'd throw that "sexy" in there, because society seems to want everything "sexy"...even "leaving" a steaming pile of shit!

Back to POS...Doctors have sent me away from ER with me begging for an IV PUSH of Rocephin...a fucking antibiotic. I NEVER ask for pain meds, because I'm in "pain management". He told me my specimen was clear. I told him the infection breeds inside my bladder, where distended bowel prevents total emptying of urine. My husband insisted he order a culture. Meanwhile, I'm writhing in pain. Doctor says "24 hours on culture, no antibiotics. That would be an act of malpractice to prescribe Rocephin without cause!"

Fast forward to next night...Guess what? Culture was POSITIVE (scratches head, which is still up ass). The UTI was borderline septic. This ER doctor pushes IV Rocephin. He sends me home with 30 days of Levaquin (yep). He tells me to CHEW IT for faster action.

Sorry I hit the accelerator on incompetent doctors and then the ditch of desperation! I can pass gas and I'm not vomiting (yay!) so it's not yet a complete obstruction. I've done additional enemas today, that are washing out "turd trash". The Linzess does the turd wash daily, but that baby needs full detailing! I'm about to drink some Magnesium Citrate with Dulcolax pills. If you hear wailing and gnashing of teeth, take cover!

I apologize for my irreverence. I have to find humor in the darkest places, including my traumatized rectum! :X

:| SO MUCH SHIT has happened since I was last here Thursday! Sadly, little of it involved my bowels.

Short story...Nursing home called that night saying my mom was irresponsive. Did I want her transported to hospital? I said "No, make her comfortable. I'm on my way". I was prepared to let her go. She's old and tired. She was once again in an insulin coma caused by their incompetence. After 2 hours, she woke up for me, asking for ice cream. My husband went to the nearest convenience store and bought her a pint of Luvel (gold standard of ice cream in Dixie). She ate it like a little pig.

She recognized both of us and had a somewhat cognizant conversation with us. We left her in good spirits, but knowing as I know every visit...this could be a final good-bye. She's still "okay" for her, today.

Back to POOP PATROL...I remain in agony, with little relief. Repeated enemas and modalities aren't moving! I contacted my GI doctor in Jackson (her nurse). She called in the colon prep "Gavi-lite" (sic) I've been drinking it since Friday afternoon. I've drank 2/3 of it, but still only spewing liquid, with no turd trash. I'm having the usual gurgling/clogged pipe opening noises inside and of course I feel gutted/sore.

She said call her Monday morning. We'd go from there. Sorry, but "we've" been going nowhere since partial obstruction in October 2015. I don't know where I'm going from here. I can't continue this way. Who'd want to?

:X Nada...nuttin' honey, but pain, distention and bloating!

CT scan of abdomen yesterday. Headed to Jackson for barium enema (yay me!) this afternoon. Yep...I've had pretty much every GI test under the sun, many times...never fun, but loads of humiliation!

My dear husband scraped the pulp from a shiny apple to feed me like a tiny frail bird...What a guy, for 36 years now! I'm looking like I may not be able to leave the nest, at this point.

Wow.....I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this. I can't imagine what it must feel like.
Luckily, I am doing MUCH better...but I am very worried about you. I wish I had at least some advice....but I don't.

But I AM wishing you well and sending you good thoughts.

jB... I never intended to hijack your thread with my bowel antics. If you want me to stop posting on your thread, I will do so. Just let me know, okay? I just don't want to start another poop thread and more importantly, I don't want these posts merged with mega thread about constipation. People who need serious help get into deep shit, without instant answers IMO when threads get too massive. I think your thread is helping some folks.

Okay, update...Thank y'all for your thoughts. It's still a tough situation, but I did get some movement yesterday. It's not complete evacuation, but better than NOTHING for days and days! My GI ordered a Gastrografin enema, while radiology took films. I'd had standard barium enema, which I was expecting. However, this was different. The substance, as I understand, was therapeutic and diagnostic, providing lubrication to move bowel blockage. It worked...shout Hallelujah! The heavens weren't the only thing that opened up!

Note: I've been through HELL in one form or another since birth. My parents should have been spayed/neutered to prevent them from procreating. I'm the youngest of 6 unwanted, abused kids and ALL that implies. I wish for once, my "dad" had rolled over and shot me on the wall. I'm saying this to explain a deeply ingrained high threshold for pain and a façade of steel. If you cried, you got MORE. I rarely cry in front of folks.

I'm not crazy, yet, but I find humor where most don't. The enema was humiliating as expected. Compared to the pain I'm in, it was a piece of cake. I held it, with no problem for about 15 minutes, while they filmed. Then they drained it. It was like a shop vac removing the now loose stool! What relief!?! She said there was a large amount of stool drained through the tube, but no leaks! (yay!)

She insisted on me wearing a pull-up (no cartoon prints) because we had a 1.5 hr. trip home. Oh, Jeez...I resisted, but she insisted! There was a private restroom right there in radiology, which served me well. I swear I shit my brains out. It was like the scene from Dumb and Dumber. Oh my God...sweet relief! I seemed to empty out, after several trips to/from the dressing room. The pull-up was a precautionary measure for the long ride home. It was my little secret.

My entire body hurts today. I feel like I imagine a deflated bouncy house would feel! 8( The CT showed that I have a pericardial effusion, which is fluid inside the heart sac. The doctor said that's a separate issue, "nothing to do with bowels". I think he's full of shit, because the pressure from the MEGA inflated transverse colon against my lungs and heart CANNOT be healthy.

Excuse my crude, but I would like to rip of the heads of these idiot doctors and shit down their throats...Even though "it's not possible for you to have impacted stool after drinking 2 rounds of colon prep!" Yea...right.

How is it possible they are GI doctors? I think GI stands for "Gone Insane" fuckers who could care less if I live or die. Sadly, they're the best Mississippi has to offer.

She's been my GI since 1994, when I was basically gutted (with utmost precision) by a cancer surgeon, trying to save my miserable life. I've not heard back from tests today. I was on the job site before the rain set in, but steady checking my phone for news.

I could see the screen yesterday. I could see the ginormous glob of crap blocked at the splenic flexure, just like last year. It's exactly where I FEEL it when my pipes back up. The pressure all the way to my spine and tailbone is wicked. I don't know what my GI will do. I can guess, though...um-m-m, nothing! The Linzess 290 only empties my wallet @ $350 per month. Big Pharma's happy. Doctors get wined and dined to prescribe. I die an agonizing death from ruptured colon. No one's the wiser. No one gives a shit (pun intended).

BTW...After hours GI on call Monday night said he had "no magic", but he KNEW that obstruction could not possibly be my problem!
GR-r-r-r-r-r...self-important son of a bitch!

I've given up on stomach doctors lol I got a 500 ml enema containing 3.75 ml of ethanol, 7.5 ml (of water, glycerin, glycerol stearate emulsion) 20 ml of hydrogenated fatty acid 20 ml vegetable oil 10 ml of mineral 21 g of erythritol 5 g nacl 300 mg kcl 13 g of saturated fatty acid 10 g of protein water soluble nondenatured it gives me uncontrollable contractions that for moment feels like the wrath of God but helps me go. Everyday.

Btw the way dixichik at the very least if your using multiple enemas make sure to add in one level tea of table salt per 500 ml (about the size of a water bottle) otherwise the enema can draw out sodium Ions from your blood give you hyponatremia and kill you from shock.

jB... I never intended to hijack your thread with my bowel antics. If you want me to stop posting on your thread, I will do so. Just let me know, okay?!

Hijacking my thread?!!

This isn't "MY" thread...it's a thread for anyone who needs advice with constipation issues. I just happened to start it.

By all means...post as much as you need. We are here to help you as best we can.

Thanks, jB...=D Some folks can get downright abusive and hurt my feelings if I ask/post on their threads. I go nowhere near "SOCIAL" as I still have scars. I appreciate your kindness! How are you feeling these days?

d1nach...WHERE do I buy those supplies? The Gastrografin (sic) in the diagnostic enema worked like a charm. I swear I'd be ordering that online if I could. I did add the salt and the mineral oil to my home enemas last week. I also tried the castile soap. I have a ROADBLOCK high up in my colon, with very little stool making it into my descending colon/rectum. I've not had a BM since returning home on Tuesday's tests!

I've given up on basically ALL doctors until they prove otherwise. Believe me, I've run the gambit. I can't very well "run" anymore. I've never been able to take meds for pain (for more than a couple days). Even Toradol, the anti-inflammatory hurts my kidneys if prolonged.

As I've said, I can white-knuckle through the pain, if my plumbing would somehow work. Still NO ANSWERS today. I've left repeated voicemails, after waiting through too much Muzak and recorded "apologies".

If I survive...I'm hitting the road with my Chronic Chik Comedy Shtick...overnight shitsation!?!?

Any supermarket

Mineral oil is used a lotion

Table salt is nacl

Nusalt is in most super markerts is kcl

Erthytitol is stevia sugar subsitute

Ethanol is alcohol

Glycerol glycerin stearate is a laxative and lotion

Vegetable oil is a cooking oil

Hydrogenated vegetable oil is margine

Saturated fatty acids are butter and coconut oil

Water soluble protein is egg and whey not heated above 160 f

Becareful with mineral oil you dont want to overdose on it.

Castike soap is irritating you have fatty lipids protecting your insides and the caustoc soap reacts damaging the protective layer

3 Naoh + triglyceride +:h2o = 3 naoh + 3 fatty acids + glycerol +h20 = (dehydration) 3 na(fatty acid) + glycerol