• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Recreational opiates

swim90

Greenlighter
Hi all.

In short, what sort of dose of what substance are people taking to get a moderate, safe effect from opiates?

I typically use codeine, sometimes dyhydrocodeine, morphine a couple times, oxycodone once (excellent buzz but sick as a dog).
Almost always pharma blister packs which makes me feel it's less likely to be talcum powder :LOL:

I like codeine, it makes me feel warm and fuzzy and chill. Just a little concerned as I'm (of course) having to take a higher than usual dose to get it. Wondering what experience others have.

Cheers for any thoughts

It is entirely a function of individual tolerance, metabolic differences etc...

What is safe for some is lethal others, so this question is difficult to answer.

Someone with no tolerance to oxycodone would probably fair perfectly fine on 5-10 milligrams. 20 mg for someone with mild opiate tolerance.
Morphine tablets probably 30 mg.
Codeine I have no experience with.

Please don't go down this route unless you're sure you are ready to handle consequences. Not to be a buzzkill, it's just using opiates for recreational purposes turns into a life sentence for many. Sounds like your tolerance is very low, so this could be a good time to turn back. I dabbled with percocet when I was 23. I'm 26 now and can't stop. As above poster said it's all relative. If you're vomiting in between nodding out, you're in the danger zone. Insist on not toying with them days in a row, imho.

Last edited:
The dose required for a "moderate, safe effect" depends on the individual's metabolism, tolerance, and history of opioid use (opi tolerance tends to build very fast in people who've been on them before). For me I'd need to take 300mg DHC to get a mild high off it but that's because I used to bosh almost a gram a day of those 30mg pills and now even to treat my legit pain I need the max dose of 240mg a day of DHC or a stronger opiate just to take the edge off.

I also don't think it'd be responsible HR to recommend abusing opiates as "safe" in general. We can certainly tell you how to minimise the associated risks, but many an addict started off "chipping" opiates and later became hooked.