Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Recommend a Documentary v. David Attenborough!

This is one of the most riveting true crime documentaries I've ever seen.

I need to WARN you, this contains blurry videos of extreme animal abuse/murder on kittens. It's very heart wrenching, which gets you really invested in the documentary which is a bunch of internet detectives do extreme detective work to find that fucker (who ends up murdering someone).

Do not watch this movie if you don't want to get extremely shocked and angry.

It's a good documentary.

Watched an interesting documentary about a Clouzot film that was gonna be amazing but never manifested, called Inferno (L'Enfer). It looked like he was going to do some amazing stuff with the visuals and color juxtaposing against black and white. Romy Schneider was quite the babe... loved seeing her perfect technicolor tits. A good watch if you're into 'cancelled movies'.

Dirty Pictures featuring the Shulgins. It used to be on youtube, but I don't think it is anymore. Maybe Netflix. Anyway, it's probably been recommended but I'll bump it. It's all about Psychedelic Chemistry.

Anyone seen the Allen Vs Farrow documentary? Disturbing to say the least. I never liked Allen's films but he just seemed so overbearing to the daughter all the time.

Anyone seen the Allen Vs Farrow documentary? Disturbing to say the least. I never liked Allen's films but he just seemed so overbearing to the daughter all the time.
I haven't and don't plan to; HBO can suck my dick and I honestly don't care about Woody Allen's misdoings... his films are golden and I own many on Bluray/DVD, and there aren't many men out there that wouldn't abuse their place as an affluent member of society to coerce women into appeasing their sexual appetites. I see it happen all the time IRL at bars and shit but no one makes documentaries about the perverted rich rapist men that live near me, now do they?

I found it funny that Allen wouldn't be interviewed for the docudrama series, but he did allow his own readings of his autobiography to be used. Clearly he's not trying to hide things. Is he an ephebophile? Most likely, not a real crime. Has he used his money and influence to indulge those ephebophile desires? Most likely, regrettably. Was his marriage to Farrow's adopted daughter eerily similar to the plot in Hannah and Her Sisters or Manhattan? Yes... and I'm sure he did coerce a young woman to marry him who may not have otherwise.

When you look at sexuality through the lens of money I don't find it surprising at all that the vast majority of film makers, producers, stars, etc. indulge in 'unaccepted' sexual appetites that the common poor man can't; not because he doesn't want to, but because he is poor.

Allen does seem like a pervert, especially if you just observe his own character he plays in his films. Do I care? Nah, his films have brought me many hours of joy and comfort and entertainment. If I were a rich film-maker I'd abuse that power too. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. I wouldn't be marrying 17 year olds but I'd definitely lead an unchaste life.

It is possible to separate art from the artist...there are definitely scumbaggio artists whose work I greatly enjoy, Roman Polanski is a classic example of course.

On the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily great to kind of hand wave it away, saying it's just what anyone would do in that position. For one, I don't think that's necessarily true...not that men wouldn't lead a sexually-promiscuous life if given the chance, but rather that they'd use their position to coerce and intimidate subordinates (whether it's a familial or economic or whatever hierarchy) into sex. There are men out there who are wealthy, famous or otherwise in an elevated position who don't just constantly let themselves get led around by their dick & their most depraved desires. Ultimately Allen is just one of those guys like Polanski, Cosby etc. who will always have an asterisk at the end of remarks praising his work imo.

It is possible to separate art from the artist...there are definitely scumbaggio artists whose work I greatly enjoy, Roman Polanski is a classic example of course.

On the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily great to kind of hand wave it away, saying it's just what anyone would do in that position. For one, I don't think that's necessarily true...not that men wouldn't lead a sexually-promiscuous life if given the chance, but rather that they'd use their position to coerce and intimidate subordinates (whether it's a familial or economic or whatever hierarchy) into sex. There are men out there who are wealthy, famous or otherwise in an elevated position who don't just constantly let themselves get led around by their dick & their most depraved desires. Ultimately Allen is just one of those guys like Polanski, Cosby etc. who will always have an asterisk at the end of remarks praising his work imo.
That's fair enough. I'm not excusing his missteps (I too love Polanski films, the man's a perv to the max though lol) but I just don't think it's surprising when we hear about Weinstein or Polanski or Allen misusing their wealth and power.

I'll never let someone's personal life/affairs affect my judgement of their films. Allen and Polanksi have made many good (and bad) films, and Weinstein and his bro produced all of Tarantino's best flicks... still love all their films. I feel bad for the women, I've been molested myself, it ain't fun... but I still love a well inspired film no matter who made it.

So not to excuse these men, just saying if I were rich and powerful... I'd probably indulge in weird fetishes. Nothing illegal, but still weird. They just took it one step too far I guess.

"Business Trip to Death" is a really intense and sad look into the incursion by Chechen rebels into Grozny in 1996. War is hell and it shows in this documentary. It's in German/Russian, but with English subs. Worth a watch.

Trigger warning: You will see dead bodies

Last edited:
Cowspiracy
Seaspiracy

This docs gonna make you even forget about eating meat! Otherwise i will...

soaking up the true crime stuff + live pd stuff on youtube. lmao @ the guy gettin busted for dui day before court for... you guessed it... dui ! this was all because he wanted a chili dog, and the best part is the place was already closed LOL

Really enjoyed the Studio 54 documentary they have on Netflix right now. Good reminder of all the negative spiritual energy flowing through NYC.

soaking up the true crime stuff + live pd stuff on youtube. lmao @ the guy gettin busted for dui day before court for... you guessed it... dui ! this was all because he wanted a chili dog, and the best part is the place was already closed LOL

A little conspricy-theorish but still, considering the political network/influence Gacy had- worthy of exploration. It takes a village. 🤐🤫😤

The doc.