News Recent update to Xenforo 2.2

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
Some of you will have noticed that we warned you for a few days about going offline for upgrades, and now that warning is gone. Yes, this means we did some upgrades :D

We've recently updated our site to the latest version of the base software Xenforo 2.2 which brings a few tweaks to your user experience. Some of the key changes we'd like to point out to you:

• Activity summary emails - for those of you getting email alerts, now you can get a summary of what's been happening while you were gone.
  • Updated rich text editor - all the same bells and whistles, maybe some new ones (I honestly haven't checked), but you will see a difference. It's all there, just need to get used to it. I will warn you that some of our styles may need some color scheme tweaks to make things more visible. If you see something like that, please REPORT it and include which style you are using and what can be improved. Note, just because you like yellow doesn't mean we're switching something to yellow. Many of your favorite tools are now in a sub-menu in order to save screen space (Hi, mobile users!).

2-more-text-png.227930

2-more-para-png.227929

• User profile banners - You can personalize your page a bit, by clicking on your name and discovering the new "Edit profile banner" button, which allows you to upload a background banner image to suit your personality.

xUxThrE.png

There are several additional features and improvements for the site within this upgrade, but until we test them out and decide to deploy them publicly, we'll leave the list at this short summary. Not a lot right now, but more than a simple 'offline for maintenance' inconvenience. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Can’t wait for my blog to go live whenever that comes

cool!

It's kinda annoying tho the xenforo devs didn't move the pop up where you upload your image... since it's blocking the image from being seen in the middle. Oh well. Just me? Could have just moved the box down a bit to the center screen :/ would take 2 sec

I'm not a fan of how quotes actually appear as is in replies now. I'm sure it's fine in desktop mode but I do 99% of my posts on phone.

Essentially if I quote someone it won't let my click out of the quote in order to write my post. I have to post the post with the quote and nothing else and then edit in what I wanna say.

Not so much a complaint as making you guys aware of the issue. <3
Im sure I'm not alone in saying I still greatly appreciate all the work you guys put in to improving the site.

I'm not a fan of how quotes actually appear as is in replies now. I'm sure it's fine in desktop mode but I do 99% of my posts on phone.

Essentially if I quote someone it won't let my click out of the quote in order to write my post. I have to post the post with the quote and nothing else and then edit in what I wanna say.

Not so much a complaint as making you guys aware of the issue. <3
Im sure I'm not alone in saying I still greatly appreciate all the work you guys put in to improving the site.

I was actually having a similar problem on desktop just yesterday but only after I clicked within the quote to edit out the bits I didn't want quoted. Seems sorted now though. Not sure what that was about. (Using the latest version of Tor/Firefox)

Well what I'm referring to is that now when you quote someone, it doesn't show the quote inside of quote tags but the actual formatted quote.

Now mostly that doesn't matter but for some reason it also doesn't let my click out of the quote if I haven't written any of my post yet. Which I can't have if I select to reply by quoting someone.

So what I've done is just hit post, with a post that contains nothing but the quote, then edited it to add in the actual reply I wanted to write.

I assumed it was a mobile exclusive problem but I haven't actually tried that to be sure.

Yeah, that's exactly what I had to do: post and edit to be able to add my own type because in the type field, the quoted text appeared in its final format and I couldn't toggle outside of it to add my own type without posting the quoted text and then editing it to add my own type.

Pretty sure the exact thing you're describing, but on desktop.

Well what I'm referring to is that now when you quote someone, it doesn't show the quote inside of quote tags but the actual formatted quote.

That's what I was mentioning somewhere about hitting the brackets and it will toggle back to showing the bbcode

cOlx6Sz.jpg

Personally, I hate that the whole reply box is harder to see now as it blends in with the rest of the background (using BL Light Classic style). Imma hava tweak at that someday.

Thanks for that tip, I was gonna say another issue I noticed was I can't manually split quotes in half now to reply to one half than the other. But the bracket button will probably solve that.

Still, I don't actually see what the advantage is to the in reply quote formatting to justify the minor inconveniences.

Thanks for that tip, I was gonna say another issue I noticed was I can't manually split quotes in half now to reply to one half than the other. But the bracket button will probably solve that.

Still, I don't actually see what the advantage is to the in reply quote formatting to justify the minor inconveniences.
Thanks for that tip, I was gonna say another issue I noticed was I can't manually split quotes in half now to reply to one half than the other. But the bracket button will probably solve that
anyway
What is the difference between quote and reply ?

( Or do I actually need a new android lol )
Whatever i did I can't even delete this !

Sorry Mr. @JessFR

Likin' it already. Even more PC friendly, imo.
Got my banner up. Dated pre covid. When I was on my way back from s fla last time. Wasn't the best of times but by far not the worst.
I digress.
Later

Edit my bad this is for bugs.

Apparently hitting the bracket button not only got rid of the quote formatting, it did so for future posts as well.

Im happy now. :)

I don't like change, change means something has been lost and I don't cope with loss well. :D

I was gonna say...
And forgot?
Thanks for that tip, I was gonna say another issue I noticed was I can't manually split quotes in half now to
trippin
reply to one half than the other. But the bracket button will probably solve that.
what?
Still, I don't actually see what the advantage is to the in reply quote formatting to justify the minor
minor?
sorry bout the mess
... split quotes in half now to reply to one half than the other.
Blimey hell

All I did was hit the space button after where I wanted to reply. Not sure if that is what was referenced?