• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Rec weed has ruined the market

In California at least. I think Canada completely legalized marijuana. Here you can still go to jail for possession. It probably depends a bit on which county you live in, so yeah gray area

Wait... you can only buy a 1/4 oz at a time in Canada? That's awful! Anyone who actually smokes buys ounces or more so they don't spend an arm and a leg on dime bags...

No, the limit is 30g at a time per purchase. I once purchased 30g, put it in the tru k of the car and then went back I. And got another 30g. But we are allowed unlimited possession at home. Medical users can have up to 150g on their person when in public. At the beginning of rec legalization there was no incentive to buy larger quantities because the price per gram was the same no matter how much or how little you bought.

It’s slowly changing though; there are some companies that sell larger quantities at a discount, And then considering the weaker Canadian dollar it’s pretty close to Colorado prices.

Tom
(the black market though is really cutting prices and getting quite assertive in Selling product, esp through email marketing).

Damn. It's a weird age we live in. I don't live in a legal state but legalization of other states has changed the black market here completely. Most weed is cheap AF but it's not as high quality as the "dro" of my youth... makes me think the subpar bud is getting exported from legal states and the good stuff sold at dispensaries :unsure:

I remember reading that Tennessee produces more marijuana per capita than any other US state. Weird, considering the terrible laws for drug possession in that state

Salutations Gormur,

I think not but i must admit i live in the other Canada...

Just curious. Do you know what the penalties are for having vape products in Quebec? I know they’re not legally sold but am unaware of the penalties.

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

Do you know what the penalties are for having vape products in Québec?

Yes, as far as i'm personally concerned it begins with extremely annoying (and public-funded...) ma$$ media propaganda intended to brain-wash an already misleaded audience in order to intensify stigmatization, both of the substance and its users as myself. Which is blatant denial of "Harm Reduction" - by the way please pardon my failure to find more appropriate wording relatively to this later concept!

:unsure:

I know they’re not legally sold but am unaware of the penalties.

I'd suggest we ask inventor of the Sublimator, mister Enrico Bouchard, as it seems most probable he didn't welcome the special treament he received a few years ago, not to mention in comparison of Storz & Bickel GmbH having their products considered for "medical" certification by H.-C.'s installed gurus - which sounds more like another sinister farce (on us).

Honestly does it even matter anymore how far the agravation will go when politicians & friends are repeatedly allowed to abuse democratic power in total absence of accountability, as if there's no tomorrow!? IMO Public Health would hardly get worse if we all voted for anarchists openly posing as the mafia party, because our "elites" speak in such meaningless manner i'd feel more entertained by talking monkeys. And talking of which, what i do know is that UN's assembly of freaks gathered in Moscow/Russia behind closed doors during their late-2014 FCTC/COP6 event and this directly inspired Québec's anti-tobacco laws (via copy & paste) kind of early the next year, including the present dead-end on further cannabis prohibition disguised as a healthwise thing. As a matter of fact it turns out we must give credentials to countries as Russia for the additional delays over some eventual rescheduling that Bernie Sanders recently proposed, if i'm not mistaking, so i'm less than impressed reading newslines as this:

Canada responds to UN, defends marijuana legalization (2020-Mar-11)
« In the statement, Boudreau also assured the UN that Canada continues to work to reduce the stigma around drug use. »

So it's nearly official: it doesn't matter how big the lies and manipulation. No need to get intoxicated with dope to fall into chaos, which is quite peculiar as H.-C.'s and UN's so-called "spe¢iali$ts"/"expert$" work hard to leave an impression that they might even contradict each other and yet do NOTHING to genuinely prevent a health crisis as USA's "vaping deaths"...

This reminds me of the very next day after UNGASS 2016, remembering Louise Arbour who once clearly explained the system is damaging itself by destroying our trust in public institutions after those persistently failed us miserably, by an excess of ideology.

In conclusion i'm very far from thinking the additional penalties only affect smokeshop owners, there are vicious consequences our disgusting "honorables" were quick to hide under the carpet.

Good day, have fun!! ☮

Last edited:
No, the limit is 30g at a time per purchase. I once purchased 30g, put it in the tru k of the car and then went back I. And got another 30g. But we are allowed unlimited possession at home. Medical users can have up to 150g on their person when in public. At the beginning of rec legalization there was no incentive to buy larger quantities because the price per gram was the same no matter how much or how little you bought.

It’s slowly changing though; there are some companies that sell larger quantities at a discount, And then considering the weaker Canadian dollar it’s pretty close to Colorado prices.

Tom
(the black market though is really cutting prices and getting quite assertive in Selling product, esp through email marketing).
30g seems pretty low, I wonder if there is a limit to how much you can purchase in california. I get a lot of texts from disps adverting and ive seen them list price up to a lb . it seems like most places around where I am you can go in and buy whatever you want

Just curious. Do you know what the penalties are for having vape products in Quebec? I know they’re not legally sold but am unaware of the penalties.
There's no penalty as long as it is a legally-purchased product. So, if you buy a cannabis vape in B.C. from a legal store, and bring it to Quebec, you aren't breaking any law. If you have a vape that the police could prove contains a vape liquid sourced from the black market -- an unlikely scenario -- then you would be liable to the same penalty as you would anywhere else in Canada:
Cannabis Act said:
Possession

8 (1) Unless authorized under this Act, it is prohibited

(b) for an individual who is 18 years of age or older to possess any cannabis that they know is illicit cannabis;

Punishment

(2) Subject to section 51, every person that contravenes subsection (1)

(a) is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable

(i) in the case of an individual who is 18 years of age or older, to imprisonment for a term of not more than five years less a day,

(ii) in the case of a young person, to a youth sentence under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, or

(iii) in the case of an organization, to a fine in an amount that is in the discretion of the court; or

(b) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable

(i) in the case of an individual who is 18 years of age or older, to a fine of not more than $5,000 or imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both,

(ii) in the case of a young person, to a youth sentence under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, or

(iii) in the case of an organization, to a fine of not more than $100,000.

It's shit cos we can't pick an indica thc content CBD content it's always super good weed but nice to have a choice for medical purposes

30g seems pretty low, I wonder if there is a limit to how much you can purchase in california. I get a lot of texts from disps adverting and ive seen them list price up to a lb . it seems like most places around where I am you can go in and buy whatever you want
You can only buy 1/4oz at a time, once every 3 weeks

You can only buy 1/4oz at a time, once every 3 weeks

Every 3 weeks! Fuck!

So what happens if you get discovered buying more than that amount, in the time-frame? Criminal charges or a civil citation?

Here in Maryland, anything under 10g is decriminalized but nothing is legal aside from card-holding medical patients visiting legitimate medical dispensaries. If you're a rec user caught with more than 10g at any time, you're pretty much gonna have to fight distribution charges once you go to court. It's just something they tack on to the possession now that there's that 10g minimum to catch charges. Anything under 10g can still be confiscated, and you're gonna catch a $50 or $100 fine that steadily increases until after several offenses it turns into a criminal matter.

And, you know, I'd be good with all that if it weren't so fiscally convenient to buy in bulk. I pay fractions of what I would per gram by buying ounces at a time compared to if I would get a quarter at a time. I'm anxiously waiting for the day Maryland goes rec. We need it, and fuck, man, DC's rec-legal so we should be, too.

Here in Washington State it's at 28g of flower allowed each time of purchase. (Not sure if daily) I've also purchased a gram or two in oil cartridges alongside that, so I'm not sure what the cutoff is here for total amount of product is.

It's nice how mmj place deliver just like a drug dealer shame you can't smoke with them though or sample the products like with a dealer friend.

Tennessee legalized marijuana in Nashville about a month ago; probably Belle Meade and Brentwood as well, or at least the section of Brentwood in Davidson County. It's still illegal in the rest of the state though. Not sure how that works. I haven't found out the specifics. By chance I saw a marijuana dispensary on a city map recently that does deliveries and such

I have no idea how you'd go about getting a card and everything. I assume you see a doctor in the facility or nearby and get a recommendation for medical marijuana. That's what I remember my friend doing in LA when we went in like 07'. They had the doctor in a back room and made the cards at the front desk. They're photo IDs

I don't smoke weed anymore (or indeed any drugs) but legal weed definitely fucked with the market, even when it was just medical in California. When it became more or less a free for all in certain states the flood gates opened. Good old fashioned outdoor green weed became difficult to find, due to market forces—there simply wasn't any money in it for the producers, getting finished product shipped in from out West was a better way of making a living. Putting the small growers out of business is it's own tragedy. It's like WAL*MART coming to town.

So the dominant available types of marijuana became high test, name brand, prestige type strains. I for one, and I found many agree with me, did not care for them in relation to the good old fashioned stuff. Too fucked with and engineered, much more anxiogenic, too potent to just relax and smoke. Now people are running around with retarded levels of tolerance doing dabs all the time and shit. I can't imagine.

Even though I identify as being in recovery and all that jazz I can imagine sharing a joint someone at some point...but only if it was honest down to earth weed as God intended :) fuck the new school shit though. Too expensive and not as fun. Why bother? Plus smoking weed had a little bit of outlaw charm to it when it was illegal, especially if you got some nice regionally homegrown stuff. Skip me with the named strain, hydroponic, cartoon color shit though.

TL;DR: kids get off my yard energy

Last edited:
I spek only about Manitoba, although I daily cruise through the online government stores in British Columbia, Alberta , Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.

The six provinces listed are government run stores. I believe they disallow private online sales. Manitoba and Saskatchewan allow private online sales by individual stores. I am ignorant of the stores in Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland/Labrador, Nunavut, North West Territories and Yukon.

Behind the scenes is a surplus of 1,000,000 kg dried/tested/unpackaged inventory.

Prices on all of the government stores have declined. I haven’t watched Saskatchewan prices. Here in Manitoba prices for flower are (at the low end) about 27% of what they were on legalization day. Cartridges (only legal since Dec/2019) have fallen to 25-35% in 15 months. Companies were expecting cannabis to be a legal gold rush, massively invested and built over-production. Consumer,ears wouldn’t pay high prices for very long/repeatedly, companies started to falter, and the rest.......

Once cannabis is legalized on a federal level in the US, I would love to see legality of cross border importation/exportation as a commodity product and for citizens to cross back/forth between countries with a personal amount.

Weed is desirable; if I go to Las Vegas again, it’s for the weed and the buffets. oregon, Washington, Colorado same thing (the fact that I would spend a couple thousand dollars wherever I go on expenses other than cannabis is a good thing for the local economy).

I also want to be able to order any type of cannabis product and have it available (pin other words vastly increased product selection).

And legal public consumption areas for a) people who do not own their own property and would like to be able to legally and safely consume a legal product and b) if bars and pubs are legal it seems rather discriminatory to not have legal pot bars.

Tom