• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Reason for no cross tolerance MDMA/MDA

t_wrex

Bluelighter
Shulgin reports that there does not appear to be cross tolerance between MDMA and MDA. Why is this the case, from a neurotransmitter perspective?

I’ve always felt it was due to MDA’s higher release of dopamine which contributes to its ability to still get one fucked up even after a complete tolerance of MDMA has occurred. Didnt they conclude such after eating MDMA for a week then MDA?

I’ve found MDA does give a tolerance to MDMA had they tried it the other way they woulda found that out.

I often roll two nights in a row at festivals and one festival I did a MDMA/MDA combo the first night and barely felt the MDMA the second night until I again added in some MDA.

Nowadays if I’m gonna do two day sessions I’ll save the MDA for the last night.

-GC

MDMA and MDA have very similar pharmacology, so obviously there will be cross tolerance, but I would expect thismore to be an issue if you were doing excessive amounts.

Probably MDMA being more monoamine-release focused and MDA being a little more psychedelic 5HT2a focused plays a part too.

It may have been here where I read that MDA had a longer half-life than MDMA, although what that indicates I don't know

I could take MDA for several days in a row but not MDMA; 7 days versus 4 days respectively. I didn't note any cross-tolerance but that could easily be due to the differences between these two