• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc really bad trip on chemical degrieser today

burn out

Bluelighter
at work today I was exposed to chemical degrieser without adequate ventilation. By the end of the day I was feeling quite ill, lungs throat and eyes burning and when I got home I started hallucinated devils attacking me. That is some nasty stuff, I still feel pretty sick from it. DO you guys think I will be ok?

It's possible, but I'd recommend going to the hospital (don't drive ambulance if needed) and telling them what happened, making it clear there is no intent to harm just fear of carelessness due to effect, and work with them until effect subsides. That being said you'll likely recover especially if you can sleep although if it's affected your ability to breathe don't sleep alone.

Honestly though the type of stuff your seeing is indicative of some unresolved past issues stemming from your life experiences. Even when this resolves I suggest thinking about what instincts and emotions led you to think about something rooted in the idea of evil, suffering, pain, and anger directed towards self in relation to perspective of the external world.

i had a nasty reaction to some chemical sealant i accidentally inhaled once.
took a few days but i made a full recovery. i felt terrible for the first day or two though.
take it easy, look after yourself(try to stay hydrated, well nourished, rested) and you should hopefully be ok.

it certainly can't hurt to seek medical attention if you are worried.

i had a nasty reaction to some chemical sealant i accidentally inhaled once.
took a few days but i made a full recovery. i felt terrible for the first day or two though.
take it easy, look after yourself(try to stay hydrated, well nourished, rested) and you should hopefully be ok.

it certainly can't hurt to seek medical attention if you are worried.

Thank you that's what I needed to hear. I am feeling better now but I can still feel the poison in me.

yeah man, i had to take a couple of days off work, i had slightly sore airways, hallucinations and dizziness.

Those are the exact same symptoms I have. How long was your exposure for?

it was actually very little (presumably). i was doing some artwork (a whole run of album covers) which i sprayed several times with sealant.
i was careful not to breathe too much while i was doing it - but still, wasn't til later that i realised i didn't have the right type of breathing mask on.

It's possible, but I'd recommend going to the hospital (don't drive ambulance if needed) and telling them what happened, making it clear there is no intent to harm just fear of carelessness due to effect, and work with them until effect subsides. That being said you'll likely recover especially if you can sleep although if it's affected your ability to breathe don't sleep alone.

Honestly though the type of stuff your seeing is indicative of some unresolved past issues stemming from your life experiences. Even when this resolves I suggest thinking about what instincts and emotions led you to think about something rooted in the idea of evil, suffering, pain, and anger directed towards self in relation to perspective of the external world.

lol, thanks for the tip. I already knew the devils were indicative of unresolved past issues because I tend to hallucinate devils whenever my brain gets damaged. For example, I overdosed on heroin a while back and was deprived of oxygen for a while. I saw those same devils that time too. I've also seen devils (but different ones) on magic mushrooms. I have tons of unresolved trauma, fear and pain in my psyche. I am seeing a spiritual teacher who is helping me sort it out but its a long process and I feel like I also need a therapist, preferably female. My spiritual teacher is male, which was ideal for me because I needed to connect on a deep level with another man since I never connected with my father. However i feel like now I also could really use the nurturance of a woman who could help untangle some of the knots put into by my crazy over protective mother. Unfortunately i dont have enough money for a therapist, I am already paying my spiritual teacher. I have tried to deal with this stuff on my own but its just too difficult. Having a teacher has shown me how valuable it is to have teachers. Its what I was lakcing all my life. My father and mother and most of my school teachers all lead me astray, never really understanding me or teaching what I needed to know about life.

The masculine energy will help with the logic. The feminine emotion.... Neither are tied to the literal gender I just think you're thinking too much and not feeling. I've never seen devils my bad trip becomes the same thought loop passed out frozen in fear realizing the repetitive nature and vast realm of existence reacting in awe. Not necessarily pleasant, but it's better than being eaten by a serpent or seeing other such entities. Anyways maybe the devil is representing the stress put on you by life restrictions at the time seemed unnecessary that now seem necessary whether or not they ever were or still are. Maybe the hallucinations are like a cartoon devil on your shoulder (if only right) and the only problem is you can't see the angel. I don't know who am I to say you seem like you got a good head.

Well I think I may go to the doctor today because I am feeling like I need to call off work and if I do that they will require me to go to a doctor.

Sounds pretty nasty man, hope you feel better soon. Can you get anything done about the ventilation issue? Sounds fucking dangerous...:\

Yeah, don't let yourself be subjected to that again!
If you were working for someone, let them know. Your safety at work should be #1 priority - for your boss' sake as well as yours

Well I called in sick today , I dunno if I should have physically I am feeling better my lungs and throat stopped burning so much but mentally I still feel off. Couldnt sleep all night and I have continuous closed eye visuals.

It's a good idea to take a day off to rest. If you're worried about your pay request to use sick hours. They can't refuse it's their fault your sick and I'm sure they would rather not pay the resulting lawsuit for denying what they have no reason to refuse.

Also, if you're dizzy and disoriented, it may not be safe to work
I don't know what your job is, but it's highly likely you'd be something of a liability if you're feeling really off.

Go to a hospital and get checked out. Is there a way you can do your job without being exposed to that chemical, or can you wear a mask and work in an area that's properly ventilated if you have to work with it?

If op figures out the compound used they could figure out the right mask or inform their employers need for one.

and also research to find out of there are any post-exposure safety precautions too.
good point, i forgot about that.
the stuff i breathed in actually had safety advice on the aerosol can it came in. i may have called the poisons hotline and asked them about it too, i can't remember.

Literly like two weeks ago i got my first gob and was exposed to construction chemicalsand got extremely sick on the first day and had to quit. But even with a mask on i had like my entire shitt covered in regurtitated ultra fine particles and like thick oil and i felt like i was almosy tripping at time like the floor would shake and id feel confused and out of breath. But i kept trying to do it because i didnt want my ego to be hurt like if i dont do this im not a real man it just a little discomfort lol. If you where exposed to a vent can you tell me what chemicals where in there ? You need to be careful because where i was ot was at room temp maybe less than 100 if the chemicals are being heated they could be in a super concentrated gas that will destroy your insided