• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Really aggressive effect from adderall and valium ??? (really would appreciate input)

carkatz

Bluelighter
So I take adderall 30 mg 3 times a day...have been for the last several years still works wonders. i am prescribed valium PRN for the last year or so and take it on and off most times with the adderall in the morning (not for comedowns really) never an issue AT ALL intact it makes the crashing/anxiety effects of adderall much more mellow. anyway, yesterday I took the valium with the adderall and I hadn't taken the valium in like 3 weeks and I took 20 mg of it bc I was freaking out before an interview. (usually take ten mg but again sometimes 20mg and normally never an issue) for some really weird reason I got so angry and aggressive and upset as an effect and i felt just bleh the whole day?? also felt really nauseous for some reason and the thought of valium or any downer sickens me right now. what do you think this could be from? perhaps i was thinking the break from valium then a hefty dosage? not sure. also things popped up throughout the day that made me a little upset anyway so i know some could be mindset but i really doubt it based on the way i acted/felt. do you think this was a paradoxical or adverse effect to the valium? idk!! also the nauseous feeling. adderall i've been consistent with thats why i'm only bringing up valium possibilities but not sure! let me know!!

paradoxical effects from benzos are way more common than you think, for instance lots of people experience furious rages from Valium (especially when combined with alcohol), promply followed by b;blackouts.
in fact, these paradoxical symptoms almost always rear their ugly head when benzos are combined with something - perhaps don't mix aunty Val with other meds in the future yh?

thanks for the info..yeah this combo is definitely a no go in the future was just a little confused because over the years never even had close to a bad reaction so was a little confusing but hey, first time for everything. again thanks for the input

Amphetamines can also cause irritability on top of what keeping said. It's hard to tell what exactly happened, maybe it was the stress maybe it was the drugs maybe it was the combination of all of them. Just be vigilant about your emotions and don't let the anger/agitation get to you if it happens again.

Amphetamines are known to produce anger (and anxiety, which can also present as anger). Valium in many ways acts similarly to alcohol, which is pretty well known for causing anger in some people; it decreases your inhibitions (such as those that restrain you from expressing anger and aggression) in much the same way.
I'm not surprised that the combination of Adderall and the disinhibiting effects of benzos could produce the effect you're describing.

I have noticed the agitated/angry feeling sometimes... most of the time it would happen out of nowhere and wouldn't even know it happened sometimes. I used to take Xanax with my girlfriend of the time. And we would end up fighting sometimes. We never fought when we were not taking benzos but when we started taking benzos we would sometimes end of yelling at eachother while on them. It was weird cause I pretty much never yell at anyone but it brought out something in me once in a while.

It didn't help that I would take so much of it that I would forget things and where things were and I remember many times fighting about what happened to a whole bottle of pills like someone/she had stolen them. When most of the time we really just took them all but sometimes lost/misplaced them. I would also be drinking and taking opiates on top of them (don't do this it was very stupid and dangerous) and would black out and not remember anything.. and would lose all inhibitions and barely be able to function...

Most of the time it just put me in a relaxed mood and sometimes barely able to function. I would make the worst decisions and couldn't remember anything while on them or the next day. It was a dark time in my life and have had to stay away from that stuff because of the stupid decisions I would make on them....

paradoxical effects from benzos are way more common than you think, for instance lots of people experience furious rages from Valium (especially when combined with alcohol), promply followed by b;blackouts.
in fact, these paradoxical symptoms almost always rear their ugly head when benzos are combined with something - perhaps don't mix aunty Val with other meds in the future yh?
For me paradoxical effects became more prominent as my tolerance (and abuse) of Valium progressed. I remember the days when 20mg would hit the sweet spot and I'd feel the anxiety actually leave my body. Eventually I needed 60+ mg to get relief. So I took a tolerance break for about 7 months and tried just taking 20mg again and it caused a hypomanic, agitated, and insomniactic state.
Tried 30mg two weeks after that with the same paradoxical results. Benzo tolerance is a bitch and perhaps only long term abstinence can truly sensitize those GABA alpha receptors again.

For me paradoxical effects became more prominent as my tolerance (and abuse) of Valium progressed. I remember the days when 20mg would hit the sweet spot and I'd feel the anxiety actually leave my body. Eventually I needed 60+ mg to get relief. So I took a tolerance break for about 7 months and tried just taking 20mg again and it caused a hypomanic, agitated, and insomniactic state.
Tried 30mg two weeks after that with the same paradoxical results. Benzo tolerance is a bitch and perhaps only long term abstinence can truly sensitize those GABA alpha receptors again.

yes i totally agree with this thanks for your input/help (and everyone else who commented) in regards to the adderall i totally know it can cause aggression i've been on it for years but this was completely different (i.e i took my regular adderall today alone and totally fine worked great like normal) but two days ago first off i really didn't even feel the adderall and i felt the valium effects 100% i could feel it hitting me but i just got nauseous and even more upset than i was about something else....as well in regards to my intake, i would venture to say i take maybe 10 or sometimes 20 mg one every like 3 weeks very very much in the prn category and have never had an issue with that as well, i started taking it prn same dosage when i was around 18? now i'm 20 so two years and nothing abnormal so thats why i think I'm so confused.

i think my main concern is, weirdly enough, i was having such a bad day that i feel like i almost waisted medication in a sense since it ended up effecting me that way....like once i started feeling a little bleh in my head maybe i got more annoyed and angry because of a plethora of things and idk! i find my natural state and mindset I'm in 100% plays a role in how my meds effect me, like if i'm upset or annoyed that i don't think its doing its job (even though it very well may be) i won't allow myself to feel it because the mindset can take over since i don't take any doses of anything that would completely dull me out. sorry just had to rant about that because maybe it was a mixture of just a bad valium effect and the mindset thats really what I'm personally getting at but again thank you guys so so much!!!