Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

⫸STICKY⫷ Real 2mg Alprazolam vs Fake bars

andyturbo

Administrator: PR.net
In the last year or two there has been a rise in the number of Fake/Home pressed Xanax bars doing the rounds in Australia.

Alprazolam was rescheduled from S.4 to S.8 a few years ago which has made Alprazolam much less common to be scripted by Australian GP's. It is the only benzodiazepine that was rescheduled.

A flood of home presses have flooded the darknet markets, some with potentially harmful ingredients.

Below are the 3 most common pharmaceutical 2mg Alprazolam bars available in Australia. If you come accross other bars, it would be smart to research them and see if they are counterfeit.

Kalma 2mg
Probably the most common generic brand to be offered by Australian pharmacies is Kalma 2mg. These bars have AL pressed in the middle on one side and G2 pressed in the middle on the reversed side.
63993-C01-BL600.jpgx9ckldm52sl21.jpg

Xanax 2mg
If asking for the 'brand' name (non generic) bars, they will come as 'X ana X' pressed on one side and a 2 pressed sidewoulds on the reverse. In Australia, Pfizer presseed them as U 94.
300px-Xanax_(alprazolam)_2_mg.jpgimages.jpeg-73.jpg

Alprax 2mg
A less common generic brand available in Australia is Alprax 2mg. These bars are blank on one side and "A2" pressed on the reverse.
images.jpeg-74.jpgimages.jpeg-72.jpg

Care should be taken when consuming bars that have not come from a pharmacy. There have been cases overseas recently of people becoming fatally ill after ingesting counterfeit Alprazolam bars.

Last edited:
that's scary but not really surprising that fake xanax is making its way to Australia.
Just a word to the wise, it may have changed but i was prescribed xanax for a couple of years around three years ago and the Pfizer "brand name" Xanax, the one pictured second was never pressed with the word "xanax" on it - from memory it was 'u-94'. i always got brand name as the price for generics wasn't much cheaper. it may have changed since a few years ago but i doubt it. i just thought i should mention it.

xanax isn't worth it at any rate. stay safe everyone.

that's scary but not really surprising that fake xanax is making its way to Australia.
Just a word to the wise, it may have changed but i was prescribed xanax for a couple of years around three years ago and the Pfizer "brand name" Xanax, the one pictured second was never pressed with the word "xanax" on it - from memory it was 'u-94'. i always got brand name as the price for generics wasn't much cheaper. it may have changed since a few years ago but i doubt it. i just thought i should mention it.

xanax isn't worth it at any rate. stay safe everyone.

Thanks for that. I was in the same situation before they were rescheduled to S.8 and also always got the brand name. After doing some research they indeed pressed what you described before changing to XanaX/2
I have added that to the post.

Thanks again!

If it's here and it says it's brand name Xanax, and says "XANAX" one side; it's either imported, or fake. Pfizer discontinued Xanax the brand in Australia when it went Schedule 8.

If it's here and it says it's brand name Xanax, and says "XANAX" one side; it's either imported, or fake. Pfizer discontinued Xanax the brand in Australia when it went Schedule 8.

Thats incorrect brother. They were still manufacturing in 2015.
Screenshot_20191016-201642_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20191016-201656_Samsung Internet.jpg

A.T

**Pfizer Aus discontinued july 2017**

Thanks for that. I was in the same situation before they were rescheduled to S.8 and also always got the brand name. After doing some research they indeed pressed what you described before changing to XanaX/2
I have added that to the post.

Thanks again!

Not a problem. i wanted to PM you rather than make a post but around that time bluelight was being weird - under maintenance... i could post but not PM you for whatever reason. i don't post a lot but with all the fake xanax getting around america and now here (some with fentanyl which is scary and just really fucked up) i thought i should just share that little bit i knew.

Just so i;m clear though, they changed the u-94 press u'd get on the pfizer brand name alprazolam and started printing the word 'xanax' itself on the pill/bar, when did they start doing that? when it went to s.8?

Not a problem. i wanted to PM you rather than make a post but around that time bluelight was being weird - under maintenance... i could post but not PM you for whatever reason. i don't post a lot but with all the fake xanax getting around america and now here (some with fentanyl which is scary and just really fucked up) i thought i should just share that little bit i knew.

Just so i;m clear though, they changed the u-94 press u'd get on the pfizer brand name alprazolam and started printing the word 'xanax' itself on the pill/bar, when did they start doing that? when it went to s.8?

No worries at all. Yeah thats true BL was offline for a bit.

It was before they went to Sch.8 as i was prescribed them for a year leading up untill the day they were changed. I only ever got the new press (xanax brand 2mg Pfizer)

However when I did a quick search there were U-94 images popping up on the older websites. Can you remember the year that you last were prescribed them?

Andy

Yeah, when they went to schedule 8 my doctor couldn't prescribe them anymore. not that it bothered me too much, other medication helped me just as well or even better than xanax, i only had it on hand for extreme circumstances. but i was prescribed it for a few years prior to the re-scheduling.

to be honest i'm just worried and hoping that the fake xanax that's getting around doesn't have fentanyl in it like in other places. i haven't heard of fake xanax being in Aus til this thread and its concerning.

edit- i think from around 2012 or 2013 (and possibly prior) they were marked u-94. so if you're reading this and find yourself with these, they're xanax. be safe with them or better yet don't use them unless prescribed. they're not worth the hype.

Last edited:
Thats incorrect brother. They were still manufacturing in 2015.
View attachment 15805 View attachment 15806

A.T

**Pfizer Aus discontinued july 2017**

I didn't know that, my source was my GP in 2014ish sayin he'd write me up another script just in time before they went S8, and wikipedia,
"
Alprazolam is available in English-speaking countries under the following brand names:[110]

• Alprax, Alprocontin, Alzam, Alzolam, Anzilum, Apo-Alpraz, Helex, Kalma, Mylan-Alprazolam, Niravam, Novo-Alprazol, Nu-Alpraz, Pacyl, Restyl, Tranax, Trika, Xycalm, Xanax, Xanor, Zolam, Zopax.

In December 2013, in anticipation of the rescheduling of alprazolam to Schedule 8 in Australia, Pfizer Australia announced they would be discontinuing the Xanax brand in Australia as it was no longer commercially viable.[111]:"

Yeah, when they went to schedule 8 my doctor couldn't prescribe them anymore. not that it bothered me too much, other medication helped me just as well or even better than xanax, i only had it on hand for extreme circumstances. but i was prescribed it for a few years prior to the re-scheduling.

to be honest i'm just worried and hoping that the fake xanax that's getting around doesn't have fentanyl in it like in other places. i haven't heard of fake xanax being in Aus til this thread and its concerning.

edit- i think from around 2012 or 2013 (and possibly prior) they were marked u-94. so if you're reading this and find yourself with these, they're xanax. be safe with them or better yet don't use them unless prescribed. they're not worth the hype.
I don't gget why any seller would mix fentanyl or any opioid-type drug into a benzo, doesn't make even illicit marketing sense. That said, what has happened in other countries, it seems that it has happened, and I've found bizarre things myself that don't make sense. Just don't get caught up by a brand name or what a doctor/etc says, I've sat with psychiatrists reading about RC benzos, for example. Why? Pyrazolam > Alprazolam for anti-anxiety effect

Wow it took them 4 years from that statement to actually implement it!
Yeah I feel you man. Me too. That was a bad February :(

Haha I know right! Like the fucking encryption bill that they drafted and passed like sneaky fucks in like 3 weeks 😤

I noticed this years ago, much of the repressed Xanax sold on the street is Etizolam. The original formula was even changed, so the present day scripts dont have that same feeling. Its a bloody shame the Xanax we all came to know and love is a distant memory.

i have sworn off xanax after a completely unplesant incidence which involved me ingesting 12mg and then beinng injected with a gram of meth AGAINST MY WILL into a vein which i NEWVER use and will not dicusss

I noticed this years ago, much of the repressed Xanax sold on the street is Etizolam. The original formula was even changed, so the present day scripts dont have that same feeling. Its a bloody shame the Xanax we all came to know and love is a distant memory.

so prescribed xanax, or alprazolam, is different from what it was say 5 years ago?

what did they change? i havent had one or cared to in years so this is the first i've heard of it

so prescribed xanax, or alprazolam, is different from what it was say 5 years ago?

what did they change? i havent had one or cared to in years so this is the first i've heard of it
No, prescribed Alprazolam is prescribed Alprazolam, Many names for it, Xanax, Tranax, Onax,Kalma, Alprax. But a lot of dodgy online stuff and street stuffm it's sold as alprazolam; but it's likely 2x the milligrams of etizolam or a low dose of flualprazolam or something.

Xanax, as in alprazolam, is the same, but the brand name gets a premium price (mods, hope this OK), often any similar benzoembossed with XANAX sold double cost any other benzol

No, prescribed Alprazolam is prescribed Alprazolam, Many names for it, Xanax, Tranax, Onax,Kalma, Alprax. But a lot of dodgy online stuff and street stuffm it's sold as alprazolam; but it's likely 2x the milligrams of etizolam or a low dose of flualprazolam or something.
I’m contending additonally that the formula and/or method of manufacture differs. I believe that in light of them publicly eschewing Xanax from sufferers of benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms, changes were made to the receptor affinity of the drug to the brain.

I was prescribed Xanax in 2011 and again in 2018. It was completely different and produced an unpleasant effect.