Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Reagent Testers and Travelling

lil angel15

Bluelight Crew
I am unsure if this topic has been covered in the past but I will assure you that I have used TFSE, so I would appreciate that you don't waste your time or mine with such replies. :)

I am wondering about the legality of travelling with reagent testers. I am not referring to travelling by road, but by Air through a major Airport. I realise that if test kits were found in your luggage you would more then likely be searched further.

If anyone has any experience or first hand knowledge about travelling by Air with Reagent testers it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

The problems you'd run into would most likely not be because of what the testers do, but what they're made of. They're corrosive liquids, and therefore would fall into the list of prohibited items. Not too sure whether they're prohibited from the entire plane though, or just from carry-on luggage. I think you'd find that they're not permitted anywhere though.

You didn't say if you are travelling interstate, not international, but other option could be that you arrange buy a simple tester off enlighten for $25 plus postage, and get them to send it to your city/town that you plan to travel if you are staying with friends or relatives, and their parcel/package doesn't really say anything where it's coming from or who is it from if you are paranoid ;)

I am sure the enlighten crew might be happy if you request them to pack your order something different or something, if you ask them nicely and pay a little extra "donation" ;)

I would be happy to spend other $30-ish on other tester even I might only use it couple of times in other interstate city/town rather than fork out hundreds or thousands in medical fees or other shit of fees if I fucked myself up and spoil mine and everyone's night/day/weekend/holiday, and when go back home, just give away to someone, and just think of it as a good karama if you give away after using it few times, you might save someone's night get spoiled as well and also this is a kind of little "extra special optional travel insurance" ;)

Hope you will have a enjoyable travels :)

I used to do this all the time. Put them inside a snaplock bag filled with cotton wool - the liquid is corrosive and it'll damage your stuff. Then put it in your checked luggage (not carry on). There are many, many things you're not *supposed* to fly with (aerosol cans FFS, like I'm not taking deodorant to a hot, humid country) but if every rule was followed to a T, no flight would ever depart. They have more important things to check for.

Last edited:
As Pleo mentioned, of the common reagents, mandelin, marquis and mecke all contain concentrated sulphuric acid.

I disagree with aunty on this one. There is potential for a leaking reagent to cause serious damage to clothing, luggage or even susceptible parts of the aircraft. While it shouldn't happen, bags do get crushed, and I've seen more than one fall off the trailer during transport from terminal to plane.

Urbies idea sounds the best.

Last edited:
Urbie's idea is a good one if you travel infrequently, but if you're like me and fly about 50 times a year, Enlighten could buy p_d a new pair of shoes with the profits from me alone ;)

I remember the other way I used to pack them. In cotton wool, in a film canister, then a rigid box (like a small gift box).

I just want to point out, I'm not advocating travelling with the kits. p_d is 100% right about the potential risk and as for baggage handling, I go through a Samsonite case a year (thank goodness for warranties). I do believe it's a manageable risk for the pay-off of being able to test your pills in a strange city, especially if it's just a holiday.