Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

reagent question re testing samples/mediums

chugs

Bluelighter
just wondering but if i took a sample (say a few mls) of "my" urine and got the trusty enlighten tester out would it be capable of showing the presence of MDMA?

Or for that matter is there any biological material a reagent won't work with?

Interesting proposition!

Due to how dilute the solution would be I think you'd get better results by dehydrating the urine beforehand and collecting the remaining powder with a razor and testing that. You may also find that other chemicals in your urine react with your reagent causing skewed results.

Regardless keep us posted as I'm intrigued!

I'm not sure if that would work or not but there is kits you can buy to test your urine for drugs if thats what your after.

nah i was just looking a pushing the boundaries of science. going where no urine has gone before, seeing what will happen when you mix petrol and fire.

If a methylenedioxy chemical is present in your urine in a decent amount, then marquis and mandelin will turn black. But I am basing this off how safrole and isosafrole turn these testers instant dark black with very small amounts. isosafrole is 1,2-methylenedioxy-propenylbenzene, so it could be turning black over a number of other reasons too. Try your urine test and tell us how it goes.

if only i had MDMA or such....

Last edited:
It's likely that other endogenous amines would also react with the kits.

It's also not advisable to add liquids the test reagents as they may result in extremely vigorous reactions that could cause the liquid to "explode" and spit highly corrosive sulphuric acid all over the place.

If you are intent on doing this, ensure you wear protective clothing and eyewear and choose a sensible environment for performing the test - not the kitchen