Reading the Bible and Rave Music?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Hi there,

I’ve decided to read the whole of the bible and a third way through, New Testament and psalms I got from school, after all these years I’ve decided to read it all, I’ve almost read Mathew chapter and fully read Mark chapter. I’m doing it to understand my religious friend more. But is it ancient wisdom or prehistoric babble? The bible seems to be good at installing morals into your mind but seems barbaric to explain it. They seem to talk about sins like murder, sexual immorality, stealing and so on. But my question is Rave Music also a sin because it’s hedonistic in nature and is it sound immoral? Have I been into the wrong music or not. Is it all nonsense and we like rave music just for fun and is harmless?

This is what Plato said about music and it still stands true today.

Music directly imitates the passions or states of the soul...when one listens to music that imitates a certain passion, he becomes imbued with the same passion; and if over a long time he habitually listens to music that rouses ignoble passions, his whole character will be shaped to an ignoble form.i

They were men of genius, but they had no perception of what was just and lawful in music...And by composing licentious works, and adding to them words as licentious, they have inspired the multitude with lawlessness and boldness, and made them fancy that they could judge for themselves about melody and song...in music there first arose the universal conceit of omniscience and general lawlessness; freedom came following afterwards, and men, fancying that they knew what they did not know, had no longer any fear, and the absence of fear begets shamelessness. For what is this shamelessness, which is so evil a thing, but the insolent refusal to regard the opinion of the better by reason of an over-daring sort of liberty?iii

So he definitely had some stark warnings about the power of music. Be careful what you feed your mind... Now as for rave music specifically, I don't know? If it makes you want to consume copious amounts of drugs or involve yourself in risky behaviors then I would say it might be a negative influencing factor.

Hi there,

I’ve decided to read the whole of the bible and a third way through, New Testament and psalms I got from school, after all these years I’ve decided to read it all, I’ve almost read Mathew chapter and fully read Mark chapter. I’m doing it to understand my religious friend more. But is it ancient wisdom or prehistoric babble? The bible seems to be good at installing morals into your mind but seems barbaric to explain it. They seem to talk about sins like murder, sexual immorality, stealing and so on. But my question is Rave Music also a sin because it’s hedonistic in nature and is it sound immoral? Have I been into the wrong music or not. Is it all nonsense and we like rave music just for fun and is harmless?

That is great that you are reading The Bible!
It is ancient wisdom for sure and does not have to be “religious” at all.
It is ancient history and is a letter to you from your Father in Heaven, to help you through this life.
We are part Human and part Divine.
It is awesome to learn about your Divine heritage!

It really helps to have a Strong’s Concordance so that you can look up words and see the original meaning of those words.
It helps you to understand what is being said better.
It is amazing how so much is hidden in the original translation/meaning of the words.
You can look up the Strong’s Concordance on your computer also.
(best to have the original written version but the computer version will work if that is all you have.)

I don’t think Rave Music is a sin. Music is a powerful thing and should uplift your heart, mind, body, soul, and spirit.
Try to find music that does just that! Music is therapeutic. It has the power of changing your entire mood and influencing the mood of entire groups of people. Music should be something that is enjoyable.
Try to steer clear of angry and violent music. It gives off a low vibration and can influence weak minded people to lose control.
You don’t want to expose yourself to that.

Enjoy yourself and enjoy reading The Bible!
You are wise to seek that knowledge! 👍
With Love,
P.O. ❤🌹