• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Re-dosing Oxy question?

GarlicKnottz

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, I had a quick question about re-dosing oxy. How long after a dose is it a good idea to re-dose? Since I have re-dosed an few hours after before and it doesnt do much besides chase my high kind of. So I was wondering if there is a "time limit" basically to where if you wait that long and re-dose it will be as effective as the first dose. For example, today I popped 60mg of oxy around 10:30am, and I im getting 4 more 30's later, and was wondering if its worth re-dosing later today around 9ish? Or is that not worth it? Thank you all for any answers in advance. On a side note, I have never railed my 30's; anyone think If i was to rail one later it would be enjoyable given that I already took oxy this morning>?

railing them will make them not last as long IME. i wouldnt redose around 9 because that is a little late in the day. dont make a habit of falling asleep while on opiates. i am not a fan of redosing so maybe someone with a less biased opinion can help on that end. stay safe.

Best way to dose (unless writhing in pain) take half - 15mg then break into quarters 7 - 8 mg & take every
45 min to 1 hr until pain subsides, if thats what youre after...

Thanks for the reply man, and I dont worry about falling asleep haha. I usually dont go to bed until like 2:30ish a.m. I was just wondering if it would work around that time if you know. Especially if I where to rail it?

Last edited:
Re-dosing will hardly get you back to the 'original' feeling specially if you are doing it too often imo/e.
We tend to take more to achieve the same effectiveness. And that makes our tolerance goes up quite fast.

You can wait the longest possible to use it again and feel it more intensively. Unless of course you using it for pain issues then you should take them as prescribed.

I need to wait at least 8 hours for any noticeable effect on my pain. The longer you wait the better it gets. They are meant to be dosed 12 hourly. If you are fairly opiate naïve then you can probably get good results with a four to six hourly dosing schedule, I certainly did when I started using oxy.