• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Re-dosing on vyvanse or amphetamine when coming down

Intenselife

Bluelighter
Hi, When I take my prescribed vyvanse a few times a week, I have always found more and more ways to reduce the comedown (which is nothing compared to meth or adderall which i have tried) but nonetheless I still do feel slightly depressed and unmotivated even though its tolerable, it still doesn't feel good for someone who already has depression. I found that when I dose like 120mg and feel real tired the next day and depressed that taking a 60mg is enough to usually stop the comedown and bring back up my mood levels but not like the day before but enough to where I can function pretty good.

However common sense used to tell me that if you re-dose when you are coming down that it will just use up even more dopamine, and leave you feel twice as worse etc when it wears off however after trying it a few times it doesn't seem to do that always. Somehow I feel that sometimes when you re-dose it brings back up the dopamine levels and doesn't plummet back down like the first dose, therefore the comedown/extreme depression/tiredness is gone and I usually feel back to my normal state of being the next day.

My Question for you is that do you feel that re-dosing on vyvanse or other amphetamines during the COMEDOWN, can actually HELP sometimes like it does for me WITHOUT a worse or longer crash? Also this only applies to occassional use of amphetamines constantly redosing is an addiction and that's not what i'm talking about in my case. Also I think of it this way, a lot of people often say drinking a beer or even a few sips helps you when you are very hungover from alcohol, even when you are not addicted to it.

---Like yesterday I took 60mg around 4pm and I took another 60mg today at 2pm (a few hours ago) because I didn't feel like being miserable all day, however I am also prescribed klonopin which ruins and takes away the positive effects of the vyvanse so I try not to dose klonopin atleast 8 hours prior to taking a vyvanse. I feel a mood lift nothing too incredible (neither was the 60mg I took yesterday barely any positive feelings , I always take 120mg but decided to try less since I have very little tolerance and heard that's pretty high to be taking only twice a week)

Last edited:
There's one answer, and it's no. There's no way you can get away with redosing on amp or vyvanse during the comedown without worsening the comedown. Just like if you dig a deeper hole in the dirt, you'll fall further down no matter how you wanna phrase it.

I don't agree because I always feel like shit when it wears off and the rest of the next day, when I dose my usual dose of 120mg but lately when I dose 60mg the next day it stops the comedown and when it wears off I don't even notice it, hence I don't end up feeling worse, I'm not talking about like taking 120mg one day 120mg the next day 70mg the next day etc etc, that I know will make it feel worse.

Oh, so you mean like tapering down from one dose. I wouldn't count it as a redose though if you're going to bed and taking it the next day... Unless you're awake all night then redosing.

Lol yes, see you were thinking something else that I mentioned already mentioned isn't the case for me in my thread. But either way yeah I don't really "count" it as re-dosing because it's not with the intent to feel good etc like the first dose, it's just too get through the next day without feeling as shitty and kinda good but obviously not really euphoric which isn't the purpose.

However common sense keeps telling me that I don't know how this theory works, because even when tapering/re-dosing the way I mentioned (only a few times a week, so little to no tolerance/dependence) still would release a mass amount of dopamine so if i'm already feeling depressed or however coming down because of the lack of dopamine that was all used up, wouldn't it only make logical sense that re-dosing would only release even more dopamine leaving me with even less, so in return I should feel twice as shitty? That's what common sense tells me however for whatever reason the re-dosing usually helps somehow.

---Come on all you amphetamine people that post all these threads about amphetamines like even right now, I would think more people could give their opinion on this as well, it's actually one of my shorter concise and simple posts that isn't real complicated to answer...

I'm new to BL and I take Adderall but only 20mg I never take more and mostly take less but if I do take my 2nd dose it's always when I feel a bit off, I guess that's the comedown. But I don't really get euphoric when I take it. And I take it daily. I hope you get some good answers.

Well if your coming down and take more of the drug, you will feel better or get high again logically, so it should work. Is it a good idea? Prob not. I know with meth redosing 4 times or every 12 hours or across 4 days works, and there seems to be dopamine available for that duration, but after that its not worth it or working anymore. 2 days it works full force, day 3 and 4 are noticeably reduced results though. Not sure if it works the same for the shitter phara amps.

I haven't tried it with adderall but with my Ritalin this seems to b true.

For example, I'll go on a binge for 12-30 hrs (yes, I kno, huge diff there) dosing 20-30 mgs every 2-3 hrs snorting it. When I'm ready to end the binge I'll do 1 or 2 10 mg doses about an hour apart & the comedowns I use to have are non existent when I do this now. Every time it works for me. Within an hour, max hour and a half, of doing what I call my "comedown dose" I fall asleep without needing my kpins.

I do have ADHD if that matters. But before if I just stopped after a binge, with my last dose being my normal 20-30 mgs, I got anxious, sad and easily agitated. Then the next day I felt depressed.

I completely believe, and have experienced, the "comedown dose" takes all the negatives away.

The prob with a comedown dose is that it just prolongs it, you eventually have to come down from that dose. Better to deal with the comedown with another substance, like a GABA drug instead.

I haven't tried it with adderall but with my Ritalin this seems to b true.

For example, I'll go on a binge for 12-30 hrs (yes, I kno, huge diff there) dosing 20-30 mgs every 2-3 hrs snorting it. When I'm ready to end the binge I'll do 1 or 2 10 mg doses about an hour apart & the comedowns I use to have are non existent when I do this now. Every time it works for me. Within an hour, max hour and a half, of doing what I call my "comedown dose" I fall asleep without needing my kpins.

I do have ADHD if that matters. But before if I just stopped after a binge, with my last dose being my normal 20-30 mgs, I got anxious, sad and easily agitated. Then the next day I felt depressed.

I completely believe, and have experienced, the "comedown dose" takes all the negatives away.

So you know what i'm talking about, and agree that it works? Because I thought I wasn't making any sense, theirs a difference between having a heavy tolerance to having none doing what I mentioned which was taking 120mg of vyvanse, and 60mg the next day to reduce the comedown. even though your situation is a little "more" then mine lol.

However common sense keeps telling me that I don't know how this theory works, because even when tapering/re-dosing the way I mentioned (only a few times a week, so little to no tolerance/dependence) still would release a mass amount of dopamine so if i'm already feeling depressed or however coming down because of the lack of dopamine that was all used up, wouldn't it only make logical sense that re-dosing would only release even more dopamine leaving me with even less, so in return I should feel twice as shitty? That's what common sense tells me however for whatever reason the re-dosing usually helps somehow.

---Come on all you amphetamine people that post all these threads about amphetamines like even right now, I would think more people could give their opinion on this as well, it's actually one of my shorter concise

I think after using, which releases mass amounts of dopamine, your brain is trying to re establish a baseline. Brain isnt able to produce normal amount and re establish same baseline it had prior....so dosing with half the original amount the very next day may help gradually bring your dopamine productiin closer to the original baseline without the drastic dopamine here, then dopsmine not here.

That make sense? Ive had a few beers. Makes sense to.me now but might not tomorrow if i reread lol.

Also everyones physiology is so diff and id imagine so is their rate of neuroyransmitter production and influencing factors of that such as diet and lifestyle.

Last edited:
I don't agree because I always feel like shit when it wears off and the rest of the next day, when I dose my usual dose of 120mg but lately when I dose 60mg the next day it stops the comedown and when it wears off I don't even notice it, hence I don't end up feeling worse, I'm not talking about like taking 120mg one day 120mg the next day 70mg the next day etc etc, that I know will make it feel worse.
Well you only feel better because when you take high dose amps in the first place youre using up your bodies stored dopamine, and if you dose half the next day the amps are still "pushing" excess dopamine which will only result in dopamine depletion eventually, eat a protein heavy meal to restore your dopamine reserves and your comedown/next day will significantly improve
Im currently on between 60-120mg addy as i write this and am cooking some chicken :D
Figured id elaborate, protein is the building blocks to dopamine and you CANNOT restore your dopamine without it

Last edited:
I honestly dont know how ppl who r prescribed Amphetamine / Methylphenidate based medications sleep at night! How on earth do u guys get to sleep at night while on these stimulants???

I honestly dont know how ppl who r prescribed Amphetamine / Methylphenidate based medications sleep at night! How on earth do u guys get to sleep at night while on these stimulants???
More drugs sir! Also if you dose properly and within a timely manner come sleep time but usually later, youll be good to zzzz or else yep more drugs be it benzos or ops some people drink, whatever downers float your boat

Last edited:
All redosing does is prevent the initial comedown you were supposed to get when the 1st dose wears off, you still will go thru sleep deprivation paranoia, its such a waste

All redosing does is prevent the initial comedown you were supposed to get when the 1st dose wears off, you still will go thru sleep deprivation paranoia, its such a waste
Yeeep and everytime you dose, the crash gets harder and harder as you slowly return to baseline dont forget that

For example, if i were to only take 60mg for a day, and continued ( binge) for 3 days and totalled 120-200mg of addy instead of only needing 1-2 mg kpin id need 4-6 ( albeit i usually stop dosing and deal w the comedown for several hours if ive been awake that long and try not to use benzos at all)