• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Re-dosing Dihydrocodeine

kaosisallwesee

Bluelighter
So I am currently prescribed 30mg DHC IR tablets, 1-2 tablets 3-4 times a day. This is the first time I've been given standard DHC, as previously it was DHC continus which is modified release.
I've been prescribed Codeine many times and as many are aware redosing within 4-6 hours is useless, even at standard therapeutic doses. I would always have to wait 6 hours minimum to feel any additional analgesia. Keep in mind I'm only referring to my prescribed dose, and not recreational amounts.
Is the same true for DHC? I've noticed that I can redose sooner, but I've not needed to before 3 hours yet. Along with reports of the ability to dose much higher than is possible with Codeine. How is that possible with this but not Codeine when both are CYP2D6 dependant? Most sources also list dihydromorphine and morphine as equivalent potency, is that correct? It doesn't seem correct...

IME dhc can be redosed in the same way as any other (non-codeine) opioids, it also doesn’t have a ceiling dose

Also I am of the belief that dihydrocodeine is definitely not solely a prodrug which may have something to do with it

I was under the impression that the only opioid that works by redosing is tramadol? With the others, if you redose at 1-2 hours for ex. you will still be high but you will not feel the same euphoria that you felt when you took your first dose. :unsure: