Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ravesafe are looking for peer educators

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
Ravesafe Are Looking For Peer Educators

Are you passionate about the rave, outdoor festival and dance party scene and can you commit to RaveSafe?

RAVESAFE VOLUNTEERS

VIVAIDS – The Victorian Drug User Organisation – is currently seeking to recruit at least 5 Key Peer Educators (KPEs) from the rave, outdoor festival and dance party scene for its RaveSafe program. KPEs utilise their knowledge and experience to effectively communicate harm reduction messages through the model of peer education.

RaveSafe attend raves, outdoor festivals and dance parties, hosting a small chillout space and providing peers with up to date, relevant and factual information about safer drug use, safer sex and hearing protection.

KPEs are remunerated for their time and expenses to attend raves, outdoor festivals and dance parties.

Contact Danny on 9419 3633 or email [email protected] to receive a copy of the position description. Applications close 5pm Tuesday 19th October.

If only they had a like this in Perth I'd be more than interested.
:\
oh well
PEACE

Im dead set interested! Only thing is i live in country vic. i shall give them a ring.

Yeah bring it on!! Where the hell is RaveSafe in Perth!!!!
Common, I know we are small country town, but ppl like myself who have been in the scene for years and who are looking for other avenues besides actually raving!!!!! Would be a great way to actually do something good and still get to see ur favourite DJ..

Would be awesome to see something like that here!

Ive never seen Harm Minimisation promoted at any Rave in Perth!! This is NOT ON!

I am very interested in this CM and krashkid, but unfortunatly I won't be back in Melbourne until January.

Will the offer still stand then?

I would suggest not shorza, they are looking for people to assist during the summer rave season. Feel free to drop Danny an email and ask.

krashkid said:
Hey Killing Time,

Danny here from RaveSafe Victoria.

I grew up in Perth listening to rave tapes from 93', but I didn't start going out until 1999, when I was 19. I left Perth late in 2001 and came to Melbourne via the UK scene.

Anyway, getting to the point, one day I would like to help Perth get something like RaveSafe up off the ground - feel free to keep in touch.

[email protected]

Thanks bro.
I shall keep this in mind.
=D
PEACE