Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rashes & XTC

SIM-1

Bluelighter
Hey all of u out there...Why is it whenever I take MDMA its all good execpt the fact that I break out in this weird sort of rash. It looks like bruising or lovebites on the arms & legs. It never happened when i took dudd pills. So i realise that its an allergic reaction to xtc. Does anyone else have this happen to them? And how dangerous do u think it is?

It's quite possible you are allergic to a specific cutting agent, or even a specific binder.

Bruising/lovebites are pockets of subdermal bleeding, so if you are bleeding subdermally from taking MDMA (Have you tested your pills?) I'd strongly suggest you stop taking it.

Anyone else have any ideas?

This was common among the melbourne green doves about 3 months ago, VERY hard press, i suspect it was the binder, gave me a migrane too.

Thank u 2 the people who sent me some answers. I didnt think anyone would... started to think it was a stupid question. Its takes alot to get me to take an E as i'm kinda still against it. So now that U think i'm "subdermly bleeding" its freaked me out even more . Why does that shit always happen to me?? It never happens to anyone else i know. And everyone i know has em every weekend. I usually test my pills. Thou i didnt test these (PINK JK's) as my girlfriend took 5 the night b4 ans was flying and didnt drop dead. I call that "the guinea pig method" Lol. I have none left to test. Any more answers or suggestions would be appreciated.

You're not alone. My girl has an allergy to benzoate preservatives which is very similar to that which she gets from amphetamines including MDMA. This may indicate existing conditions such as liver disease. I myself go red all over with MDMA, which is no doubt related to increased blood pressure and immune response to that.

Instead of doing a large amount, if you are keen to get to the bottom of this, and are sure it's not merely confined to one particular tablet, then try placing a very small amount under your tongue. I'm talking crumbs here, not an amount to get high on. If you notice a similar response with your skin (but maybe way less severe), then I'd advise you to not use MDMA. Of course the threshold maybe higher, meaning you may require half a tablet or more to trigger the response. Tread carefully, and maybe first seek the advice of an understanding GP.

With a bit of luck some of the more medically minded Bluelighters will have more indepth answers.

BTW your question is not silly in the least. Thanks for posting, here's some threads on the topic

Allergic reaction or coincidence??

Blotchy Skin

Hypersensitivity Reactions to E

Section on MAPS ref in the Ecstasy FAQ by Catch-22: XII. What are the temporary after effects?

I sometimes too break out in rash but this only ever seems to happen days after taking mdma. I usually get it on my abdomin and chest. It use to freak me out but now it goes away after a couple of days and only seems to happen after taking good quality pills.

Thank you all for your answers. Was extremely worried. This is the best site. I think its awesome how people r will ing to help each other out.