• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Rapid W/D from 300 mg oxy got me stuck and need advice

zagor11

Bluelighter
So I was taking 50 mg every 4 hours. I cut down to 30 mg every 6 hours. That worked for 2 days.My supplements are Gabapentin (helps the most for mental and physical issues) Tramadol, clonidine (not sure if it does anything), and kratom (will get new strain tomorrow). Just 15 minutes ago I realized I am too weak and I cannot do it. So I took 1 more pill of 10 mg oxy and it made a huge difference. So it will be 40 mg every 6 hours. 180 mg a day. Huge difference.

My question is: I know I have to watch out for getting addicted to trammys and kratom but how do I proceed from here? Do I work on stopping the supplements and once stable on 180 mg, go again the same way, or do I keep going on lower dose every few days without stopping at all until I quit?

I've read bad things about combining tramadol and kratom, so I would stagger these two if not switch to just one.

Lyrica and dxm have always worked wonders for me during withdrawal

Thanks for the info. I will see how this new kratom works so I will either use one or like you said stagger them. I cannot get lyrica because my insurence doesn't cover it.

What is dxm used for specifically? If for cravings I don't need that because I don't feel any drugs. And what dose?

I take now 40 mg every 6 hours which brings me down from 300 to 160 mg plus I sleep in one dose sometimes. But I am not sure wther continue taper like this or give it a break. (worried I might get addicted to supplements)

Iircthere may be an active ingredient in kramtom that lowers the seizure threshold, so combining it with tramadol might lower the seizure treshold even more, leading to a seizure, so it might be a better idea to stick to just one

DXM is a NMDA inhibitor and I found this study regarding taking DXM for opioid withdrawal:
According to the hypothesis that the development of physical dependence on and tolerance to opiates depends on the inhibition by opiates of L-asparaginase and L-glutaminase activities in the brain, and the blockade by opiates of the aspartatergic/glutamatergic receptors especially NMDA, four female and fourty-four male heroin addicts were included in a double-blind clinical trial. Four mg chlorpromazine (CPZ) was administered every hour and 10 mg diazepam (DIA) every 6 hours to a group consisting of two female and nineteen male inpatients. The remaining subjects received 15 mg non-opioid antitussive dextromethorphan (DM) instead of CPZ. The withdrawn addicts were controlled twice a day and yawning, lacrimation, rhinorrhoea, perspiration, goose flesh, muscle tremor, dilated pupils, anorexia, joint and muscle aches, restlessness, insomnia, emesis, diarrhea, craving and rejection of smoking as abstinence syndrome signs were observed and rated on a scale of 1, 2 and 3 points according to their intensity. All signs, except perspiration and emesis, were significantly less intense in the group given DM + DIA than CPZ + DIA. The other plus points included the immediate stop of craving and the early onset of smoking in DM + DIA group. The results are considered to be supporting evidence for the hypothesis emphasizing the blockade of NMDA receptors by opiates in opiate addiction. Furthermore, the decrease caused by non-opioid NMDA antagonists in the responsiveness of NMDA receptors appears very promising for the treatment of opiate addicts.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2187002
But keep in mind that combining DXM and tramadol is potentially lethal