• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Random Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

QUE?TIONING

Someone Who IS Me...heeheehee....I have a scrip for an opioid painkiller - it's a very small dose and I take and use it very responsibly.

I also use a street drug occasionally.

I know - because of state and federal law - random drug testing happens for persons who take the painkiller.

Does anyone know the procedure? Do I get a call from my MD and have to report within 6 hours? 24? Is it a blood test? Urine? I'd like to be prepared.

Thanks.

I've never heard of this. What are you taking, why are you taking it, etc. Most opioids prescribed for pain only require drugs tests as a part of a pain management type program. Privately being prescribed pain killers from a GP or oral surgeon are generally never associated with that practice.

My doctor tested me monthly when she thought I was using on the side, which was true. Now days I never get tested at our monthly med re-up meeting. I guess she is an expert at knowing when a patient is dirty just by taking a look at the eyes.

Bottom line, talk to your prescribing physician to find out whatever you need to about the frequency and such of UAs. Per BL policy OD doesn't permit the discussion of drug testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.