Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

Is it just me, or has 2019 been one of the absolute worst years for film in the last decade?

Every week I check the theaters for something good to go see, and end up staying home 'cause there isn't even a half-assed sappy drama, let alone anything worthwhile.

Agreed! Even It: Chapter Two was mediocre compared to the first part. I LOVED the first part, but thought the second was over-long and just okay. It wasn't bad, but despite being scarier and more brutal than the first, it wasn't near as good.
I found Us disappointing, too. Could have been much better.

The Pet Semetery remake was okay I guess but felt totally unnecessary to me (what was wrong with the 80's version?)

I did enjoy Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, though. I usually hate PG-13 horror movies but thought it was kinda fun and creepy. I actually have a very SPECIFIC phobia about "spiders that lay eggs that hatch under the skin" (that scene in Urban Legends: Bloody Mary scarred me as a kid) but the same scene in this movie just looked really dumb and goofy to me. Might have cured said phobia, actually.

Looking forward to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Any seen it yet? Thoughts?
Oh, have high hopes for Doctor Sleep, too. I like the timing as the book came out just long enough ago that I only remember the jist of it so won't be expecting everything before it happens in the movie.

happy bday, elle (and kstew). enjoy your first drink.

elle%2Bfanning%2Bnasty%2Binstax%2Bcropped.jpg

Eww, could have done without the imagine of a woman taking a shit tbh xD

Robbie is barely in the film and there's a gross emphasis on her feet like in all Trantino films.

But otherwise, it's probably one of, if not the best, of his films since the 90s.

Robbie is barely in the film and there's a gross emphasis on her feet like in all Trantino films.

But otherwise, it's probably one of, if not the best, of his films since the 90s.
Awwww booo, she deserves more screen time. I don't care about her feet. Tarantino has that foot fetish. Margot Robbie is so stunning. Sharon Tate was even more beautiful than her though. There was something about Sharon...she was a natural beauty and I'm not usually into blondes. I just wish she hadn't gotten involved with the wrong people or she would still be here.

I'll check it out today probably. Thanks.

Awwww booo, she deserves more screen time. I don't care about her feet. Tarantino has that foot fetish. Margot Robbie is so stunning. Sharon Tate was even more beautiful than her though. There was something about Sharon...she was a natural beauty and I'm not usually into blondes. I just wish she hadn't gotten involved with the wrong people or she would still be here.

I'll check it out today probably. Thanks.

I know! Every movie of his has the female lead feet lol. He even sucked that pole dancers toes in From Dawn 'Til Dusk.

Catherine the Great is excellent on HBO.
I saw the first episode. Helen Mirren is perfect for the queen role. She's mean as hell. haha Fantastic actress.

Just finished watchin the season 5 of Peaky Blinders, it's a flawless movie, I never seen any bad seasons. This being said, I wonder how they will end it.

Just finished watchin the season 5 of Peaky Blinders, it's a flawless movie, I never seen any bad seasons. This being said, I wonder how they will end it.

I'm glad to hear that. I was slightly worried about the trajectory of the show at the end of season 4 but now I'm excited to watch again.

kino lorber did a new transfer (original negative scanned in 4k) and mastering of La religieuse. starring anna karina. prior, there was no region 1 release. high on my to-watch list.

la%2BReligieuse%2Banna%2Bkarina%2Bscreen%2Bshot.jpg

(screen shot is from a different transfer)

next we need Pigen og skoene, please.

douse ourselves i "la religieuse" https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Serge-Lutens/La-Religieuse-29636.html and let us watch it . i needa order a new winter fragrance and binge on films...\

yo how ill is the internet when we reconnected with old friends and the conversation is like this...

m-o
on the prowl for a torrent
nu7
i haven't d/l'd a movie in a while...
m-o
omg clueless
nu7
yaas

moments like these make life worth living

Last edited:
I wanna see Jojo Rabbit before it leaves theaters. Hope it’s still around somewhere when I’m finally free to go to the cinema.