Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

Awwww man, just re-upped on Stanley Kubrick Blurays and a 4k copy of Blade Runner. 'Bought to check and see if it does indeed come with a copy of the "Director's Cut" which is my fave. Also got the Criterion Collection of Barry Lyndon after watching my outdated dvd on my 4k tv, looked like ass. Same aspect ratio plus a bonus disk, very psyched.

Hnnnnnng, I loooooove Barry Lyndon, literally the best period piece in existence. Watched my old dvd with the wife and a best friend last Friday while frying, we were all mouth agape.

I’ve never seen Barry Lyndon, but I like Kubrick’s films a lot generally-speaking so maybe I should check that one out

I’ve never seen Barry Lyndon, but I like Kubrick’s films a lot generally-speaking so maybe I should check that one out
It might very well be one of the top 5 movies of all time. Up there with A Clockwork Orange, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Blade Runner: The Director's Cut. The whole freakin' film is done entirely with natural lighting, you couldn't find a more gorgeously, attentively shot film I guarantee it.

I just watched the "Final Cut" of Blade Runner, very frustrated I can't check the 4k "HDR" disk to see if it indeed has all four cuts, I don't have a 4k capable disk player. Don't wana give away my Director's Cut if all I get is the Final Cut :(

I just watched the "Final Cut" of Blade Runner, very frustrated I can't check the 4k "HDR" disk to see if it indeed has all four cuts, I don't have a 4k capable disk player. Don't wana give away my Director's Cut if all I get is the Final Cut :(
Don't worry, there's plentyyyyyyy of other films to watch! :D Did you thought of Blade Runner 2049? :)

Did you thought of Blade Runner 2049?
Bleck, that film kinda blew. Great soundtrack, great acting (sans Jared Leto) and visually stunning; yet the plot completely disregarded the Director's/Final Cut endings from the original film, so I don't consider it an actual sequel. I like it enough to watch it now and then, more for my wife cause she loves Ryan Gosling.

I slept at the first 5min, been woke up later in the film because i was snoring, try to rewatch then rewent to sleep...

In a ruling that echoes a celebrated case in Cincinnati four years ago, a municipal judge there denied motions on Monday to dismiss and suppress charges against a bookstore and three of its clerks for renting a tape of the film "Salo, or the 120 Days of Sodom."

the "four years ago" case is contemporary arts center and its director facing obscenity charges over mapplethorpe photos. cac beat the charges. pink pyramid took a plea deal ...

Despite a dismissal of the charges by the lower court (Censorship News 56), the prosecutor pursued appeals. The case was finally settled in August, just before a jury trial, when the prosecutor dropped six charges and the store agreed to plead no contest and pay a $500 fine for attempted pandering (because one customer told another, actually a vice squad member, that it was a film “with everything in it”). The video will be returned to the store which can resume renting it. An imperfect victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Last edited:
a sean baker film is supposed to come out next month.

pretty sure he said his plan was to shoot two movies in a row, edit and release the first, then edit and release the second. because he wants time between shooting and cutting. someone said something like that.

^ noteworthy . god, i gotta get really deep into flicks again...

had a gnarly nightmare about an insect infestation... then i watch this scene cause it popped in the ol' noggin.

Wife made me setup-unpack the movie/tv shelves last night. Now I've got hundreds of dvds at my disposal along with what shows/films we have downloaded on my media PC plus Amazon and Netflix. Time to finally mega chillax today :)

Added the Apocalypse Now six-disk 40th Aniv Edition to my shelf recently, might watch Hearts of Darkness. Also added all 5 seasons of Babylon 5 + the movies, it's soooo much better than DS9 I'm coming to realize.

Last edited:
Watching some free movies YouTube offers to keep my tweaked brain happy today but body resting but no more brain pain for this racked and sacked noggin hopefully but it is a good day to get stoned and zoned out here veg out eating vegetarian just saw A Quiet Place 2 at the theater was kinda fun not scary at all to me haha I mean had a classic monster movie kind of fun rush feel.

I think I enjoyed it more than Tenet it entertained me more which was one of the last ones I saw at the theater I do enjoy seeing them there but wouldn't mind doing a home theater setup again 3D projector worth it I am not sure if OLED is better been out of the technology arena for years now in terms of trying to get the latest and greatest I think subject matter is more important for me today

^ noteworthy . god, i gotta get really deep into flicks again...

had a gnarly nightmare about an insect infestation... then i watch this scene cause it popped in the ol' noggin.

Recently watched on the Tube love the soundtrack and the 80s vibe is out of this world

elle fanning is going to play the girl who faced criminal charges after texting her boyfriend encouragement to commit suicide. in a hulu mini-series. chloe sevigny is involved with the project as well.

someone told me the show might focus on the media’s sensationalizing of pending criminal cases. that’s an important issue, but important issues often make for boring art. i wanna see elle play a psychopath.