Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

I recently bought a 4k UHD Sony disc player with a region free bluray/dvd modification. Really enjoying finally watching my region B collection along with 4kuhd discs.

The difference from 1080p to 4k is astonishing. It truly is 4x more fidelity. Sound is better, the film grain is crisp. My first watch was the recent 25th anniversary release of Starship Troopers and I was absolutely blown away. Even my wife who had poo-pooed the need for 4k uhd discs to replace blurays couldn't deny the sheer beauty of it.

I've been spending hundreds on 4k uhd discs since then lol. Some are far more expensive than I'd like but fuck it, that's why I work so much overtime right?

I've done this before. Hated the wife in Breaking Bad, quit watching it.
Oh yes! I disliked her, too. I watched Breaking Bad on Netflix, so I could just fast-forward her scenes. On TV (which I never watch and seldom have) I would probably have stopped watching, too.

Enjoy your new device!

Really loving the UHD disc collection. Watched The Godfather, my region B copy of Solaris (2002) on Blu-ray, the first two Bourne movies, and Blade Runner and I’m amazed at how much better these films are in high fidelity. I hear sounds I’ve never heard, see background stuff I’ve never seen. The film grain is so pleasant as if I’m watching it at a theater. When I can afford a bigger tv and a nice sound system it won’t be worth going to the theater ever again.

Watched Apocalypse Now Redux in 4K. Fantastic. Then watched Robocop followed by Platoon in 4K UHD. Fan-fuckin-tastic.

Just watched Battles Without Honor and Humanity which is the first of a five film Yakuza series and always loved it. Great having region free capabilities.

Now I’m watching a Blu-ray copy of Assault on Precinct 13, which John Carpenter himself scored and directed. My wife and I watched it on our first date together on a classic “Netflix and chill” date circa 2009 and I feel a bit melancholic ditching the dvd copy seeing as she gave it to me on our third dating anniversary. Now 15 years into our relationship I feel an attachment to this film but I sure do appreciate seeing it in HD.

Feeling emotional. Five nights off plus having the place to myself and lots of liquor and Psilacetin makes for one messy dude up in here.