• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Random questions about Phenibut, Lorazepm and Kratom

This is my 1st time ever posting here and I'm here because I'm in trouble with Phenibut.

I am your average suburban mom. I have never tried hard drugs I prefer the legal and prescription (attained legally). My only withdrawal experience is with tramadol and lorazepam both attained legally and taken as directed. I believe tramadol is a highly underestimated drug and the withdrawal left me on the floor in my own vomit for 3 days. I withdrawaled off lorazapam once as well (didn't realize that's what was happening at first). I can go to my doc and get a script of either any time I choose but I refrained due to fear so I have a bit of restraint I guess. I'm beyond terrified of what is about to come from this phenibut withdrawal.

I took it to withdrawal from kratom. Turns out kratom isn't too bad. Mild depression for a day or two and no motivation but I seemed fine after 2 days aND a few valium. Why I started phenibut I'll never know and I read all the warnings!! Can anyone help me??

I'm in WA and have access to as much pot as I'd like. I have a handful of valium, halcion, ordered kava kava, valierum root (sorry if mispelled), and lthyro something or other. I can get Xanax if needed. I don't know what to do! I'm at 2 grams (1st time I took that much was today and I've only been using for 5 days with 1 Day off.). I'm seriously terrified from what I've read on these forums. Panic attacks that last for hours and my least favorite of any of the symptoms the depression. I'm not a depressed person but when they come on OMG it sucks. Anyone out there have any idea what I need to do? Taper? Mayne I haven't taken it too long so I'll be ok? To the original poster....just dont. It felt amazing for 3 days but now I feel like shit, I can't stop taking it, and it's some scary stuff. Help!!

Last edited:
This is my 1st time ever posting here and I'm here because I'm in trouble with Phenibut.

I am your average suburban mom. I have never tried hard drugs I prefer the legal and prescription (attained legally). My only withdrawal experience is with tramadol and lorazepam both attained legally and taken as directed. I believe tramadol is a highly underestimated drug and the withdrawal left me on the floor in my own vomit for 3 days. I withdrawaled off lorazapam once as well (didn't realize that's what was happening at first). I can go to my doc and get a script of either any time I choose but I refrained due to fear so I have a bit of restraint I guess. I'm beyond terrified of what is about to come from this phenibut withdrawal.

I took it to withdrawal from kratom.

I am sorry to hear about your problem.

Let me ask you: How many days a week have you been taking Phenibut and for how long?

From what I have heard it is close to impossible to have withdrawal effects or addiction from only using Phenibut once a week but I doubt you've been using it that infrequently.

And I've never heard of anyone using Phenibut to get off Kratom.

That sounds like you took yourself out of the frying pan and into the fire...

I took it to withdrawal from kratom. Turns out kratom isn't too bad. Mild depression for a day or two and no motivation but I seemed fine after 2 days aND a few valium. Why I started phenibut I'll never know and I read all the warnings!! Can anyone help me??

I'm in WA and have access to as much pot as I'd like. I have a handful of valium, halcion, ordered kava kava, valierum root (sorry if mispelled), and lthyro something or other. I can get Xanax if needed. I don't know what to do! I'm at 2 grams (1st time I took that much was today and I've only been using for 5 days with 1 Day off.). I'm seriously terrified from what I've read on these forums. Panic attacks that last for hours and my least favorite of any of the symptoms the depression. I'm not a depressed person but when they come on OMG it sucks. Anyone out there have any idea what I need to do? Taper? Mayne I haven't taken it too long so I'll be ok? To the original poster....just dont. It felt amazing for 3 days but now I feel like shit, I can't stop taking it, and it's some scary stuff. Help!!

First of all, in response to mycophile, I know of several people who use phenibut to get off of kratom, and apparently you don't even know you're withdrawing, it's that effective. Buuut, as you pointed out, if done incorrectly you'll wind up with a waaaay worse dependence. Secondly, dlowe89, starting a new thread would be your best bet.

Thirdly, if you do experience anything, considering your low dose and very short time frame on phenibut, it might be rebound anxiety, and a night or two of depression and insomnia.

Buuut, if you do end up taking it for a while, unfortunately none of the things you listed will be that effective, maybe at treating individual symptoms.

If you can get a xanax prescription, you can most certainly get a gabapentin prescription or even better a lyrica script. This will kill all withdrawals, and just stop taking the meds 5 days later. You will not even notice you're in withdrawal, and you will have no problem just stopping the gabapentin. But as I said before, I doubt you'll experience anything at 5 days on with a day break.

If you can kick tramadol and lorazepam, you got phenibut in the bag!

Well....I never heard of phenibut until I read these forums. A lot of people said it was a miracle drug to withdrawal off kratom with. Lesson learned there.

I've had it for weeks but only took it this last Tuesday. I was experiencing typical withdrawals including depression, irritated legs, insomnia, all that good stuff. Again not near as bad as the tramadol withdrawal. I've literally only taken max 2 gram (today like 10 minutes ago) I took 1 gram Tuesday, nothing Wednesday except a few valium, Thursday 1.5, Fri 1.5 gram, Sat 1.5 gram. Today I was cleaning I had 1 gram...around 2pm I started getting cold sweats, shaky, and a bit panicked. My husband cannot know what I've done. He warned me 1000xs not to take this and hes watched me withdrawal from tramadol 3xs. He'll be livid if he finds out. So I need to do this on the dl and I'm willing I just don't know the best route is best.

As for jumping into the fire how freaking stupid was i? I can't believe I got myself into this less then a week after quitting a pretty large amount of kratom. All these forums say I'll feel like I'm dying. .....I'm need to avoid that!

I'm using my phone (hiding from the husband and cannot for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread) I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place!

First of all, in response to mycophile, I know of several people who use phenibut to get off of kratom, and apparently you don't even know you're withdrawing, it's that effective. Buuut, as you pointed out, if done incorrectly you'll wind up with a waaaay worse dependence. Secondly, dlowe89, starting a new thread would be your best bet.

Thirdly, if you do experience anything, considering your low dose and very short time frame on phenibut, it might be rebound anxiety, and a night or two of depression and insomnia.

Buuut, if you do end up taking it for a while, unfortunately none of the things you listed will be that effective, maybe at treating individual symptoms.

If you can get a xanax prescription, you can most certainly get a gabapentin prescription or even better a lyrica script. This will kill all withdrawals, and just stop taking the meds 5 days later. You will not even notice you're in withdrawal, and you will have no problem just stopping the gabapentin. But as I said before, I doubt you'll experience anything at 5 days on with a day break.

If you can kick tramadol and lorazepam, you got phenibut in the bag!

This may sound stupid but just having someone tell me it won't be so bad after only 5 days is motivating. Thank you....I've been a reader here for years (Thomas recipe literally saved my life) and you guys really help a lot. P.s. some of you should be scientists the amount of stuff you know about the brain, reactions, chemicals, etc is down right amazing

Sorry to get back to my thread but...

Man, it has now been 3 hours since I took the first two scoopers of Phenibut and 2 hours and 15 mins since I took the second 2 and I don't feel anything!!!

I mean, MAYBE I do cause I feel happy and in a good mood but that's cause I'm on Kratom and I dont feel any different than if I was on only Kratom.

Maybe this is why it would have been a better idea NOT to take them together??

But everyone is saying I should feel it regardless.

I guess it's just that it takes FOREVER to kick in like everyone is saying, or maybe it really is that subtle??

Next time I take it (not for AT LEAST a full week) I won't take Kratom at the same time.

For anyone who has used Phenibut before:

I took 2grams 3 hours ago and haven't felt anything yet.

Does anyone think taking an extra gram (3 total) would be too much?

Are you just sitting around? The reason I ask is because I always found it to be activated by stuff like socializing and music and physical exercise and things like that. If I sit around I'll only notice it when I wake up realizing I got the best sleep since I was 8 years old. Just a thought.. otherwise perhaps you are the aforementioned godforsaken non-responder.

Are you just sitting around? The reason I ask is because I always found it to be activated by stuff like socializing and music and physical exercise and things like that. If I sit around I'll only notice it when I wake up realizing I got the best sleep since I was 8 years old. Just a thought.. otherwise perhaps you are the aforementioned godforsaken non-responder.

Yeah I'm just sitting around so maybe I'll go for a walk.

I'm not going to out driving or anything though cause I don't know if that's safe.

I THINK I do feel it but it just feels pretty much like Kratom and that's why it's hard to say cause I am also on Kratom.

If I wasn't on Kratom I'd know of sure but next time I do it I won't take Kratom so I can distinguish.

If you were also on Kratom do you think it would be possible to confuse the effects of the two?

Cause I feel nice, but I felt nice before as well.

I think I feel it but it's maybe a very subtle distinction between it and the Kratom.

I can feel the Phenibut now but it's weird and kind of hard to define.

I kept confusing it with the Kratom because I am still on a little of that.

I just made some of the euphoria from the Kratom come back but unlike the Kratom I guess it is mentally "clearer" as a feeling and doesn't have the opioid quality Kratom has.

I just feel like full of energy and confidence and a tiny bit "dizzy" if that makes any sense but not in a bad way.

In some ways it is similar to Kratom I think and I will need to do it on a day I DON'T take Kratom to really tell the difference and start experimenting but I will NEVER do it more than one day a week.

Everyone seems to be saying that if I never do it more than once a week I'm safe.

So is this the Phenibut feeling everyone is talking about?

Or is there more to it?

And what is the MAX dose of Phenibut that people think is safe to take in a single dose?

Well I'm DEFINITELY feeling it now lol.

INTENSE waves of euphoria.

I was just eating dinner and I have to say it was the most "mind altering" meal I ever ate.

I guess it happened cause I didn't have enough in my stomach and we all know how food or lack there of influences drug experiences.

So before eating I was super energized but a bit anxious cause I needed food.

I started eating and after the first few bites the euphoria intensified and kind of gave me a loving happy feeling all over like I'd imagine MDMA to feel like even though I've never taken it.

As I continued eating the euphoria just kept intensifying and I was listening to music at the same time and getting GREAT music enhancement, just really feeling the music.

However, I started eating too much and for some reason I always want to clear my plate and that was bad cause then I started feeling a bit sick and the euphoria started going down as I was finishing the meal.

Then when the meal was done I started to feel a little bit better but the euphoria was now a bit more of a relaxed euphoria.

Now I'm digesting and it's still going but not the super intense waves I was getting before I started eating or after the first few bites.

Crazy shit I will say having a simple meal be that much of an experience haha.

At first I thought Phenibut was like Kratom cause I am on Kratom also but now I guess this stuff feels a bit more like speed.

I mean the only kind speed I've ever done is Dexedrine and it KIND OF feels a little like that...but different.

And yet you guys say this stuff can also be a downer??

Kind of odd though I guess Kratom is similar in that it can also be a stimulant or downer.

It will be interesting to CAREFULLY experiment with this stuff in the future.

It certainly doesn't have the feeling of something anyone should do with great frequency though.

lol I like how I'm living vicariously through your posts. Now get ready for some awesome sleep .. As the saying goes 'there ain't no sleep like a phenibut sleep'!