• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Random Poppy Plant Q's

The only natural drugs I’m maybe willing accept intelligent design with are psychedelics like mushrooms and DMT. Many mushrooms are potent as is with no human breeding involved, and DMT is... well DMT.

As you said devilsgospel we also have CB receptors and believe it or not people the runners high is actually a mix of endocannabinoids and endorphins not simply endorphins like most think.

I believe this is why cannabis and opiates are drugs people very easily start to use daily/habitually as they both closely mimic systems already in place for pain management and mood regulation.

-GC

I can't fully justify my theory that the poppy plant is intelligent design, but I'd say that it's worth looking into and pondering about. Very complicated mechanic and with potent alkloids too. Seems like it didn't have much need to evolve over time either.. since the mechanic works so well.

Now the poppy plant's biggest fear is junkies plucking it from grandma's yard. Sorry, maybe they don't pluck it so they can repeatedly score opium :p

The only natural drugs I’m maybe willing accept intelligent design with are psychedelics like mushrooms and DMT. Many mushrooms are potent as is with no human breeding involved, and DMT is... well DMT.

As you said devilsgospel we also have CB receptors and believe it or not people the runners high is actually a mix of endocannabinoids and endorphins not simply endorphins like most think.

I believe this is why cannabis and opiates are drugs people very easily start to use daily/habitually as they both closely mimic systems already in place for pain management and mood regulation.

-GC

I agree with your assessment of things like DMT, those psychs are just too perfectly tailor made for humans by the Earth. That and the effects are clearly like nothing else in this world. A little gift to us maybe. An interesting thing I caught learning about aliens is that most people who claim to be abducted describe many elements of a psychedelic experience without having experienced one beforehand.

I was going to bring up the runners high as an example lol. Figured everyone had heard that one though. I know chocolate also has alkaloids that hit CB receptors. My mom actually just told me that.

I agree with your assessment of things like DMT, those psychs are just too perfectly tailor made for humans by the Earth. That and the effects are clearly like nothing else in this world. A little gift to us maybe. An interesting thing I caught learning about aliens is that most people who claim to be abducted describe many elements of a psychedelic experience without having experienced one beforehand.

I was going to bring up the runners high as an example lol. Figured everyone had heard that one though. I know chocolate also has alkaloids that hit CB receptors. My mom actually just told me that.

Yea I’ve looked extensively into alien abductions, NDE’s and their correlation with the psychedelic experience. Your right there’s too many similarities that it’s eerie, I knew a guy who would get abducted as a kid and he’d describe the same ringing you get before a DMT trip.

Chocolate contains Anandamide which is actually an endogenous cannabinoid too, it comes full circle :)

As for poppies, humans have been growing them for thousands of years so it’s hard to know what the plant was like when we first stumbled upon it. Maybe it was similar to the comparison between good cannabis today and hemp, we just don’t know..

-GC

Yea I’ve looked extensively into alien abductions, NDE’s and their correlation with the psychedelic experience. Your right there’s too many similarities that it’s eerie, I knew a guy who would get abducted as a kid and he’d describe the same ringing you get before a DMT trip.

Chocolate contains Anandamide which is actually an endogenous cannabinoid too, it comes full circle :)

As for poppies, humans have been growing them for thousands of years so it’s hard to know what the plant was like when we first stumbled upon it. Maybe it was similar to the comparison between good cannabis today and hemp, we just don’t know..

-GC

Are you familiar with Jacques Vallee? He is a proponent of the idea that aliens may be from a different dimension entirely and they abduct/contact us through some kind of psychic powers. One story I found incredibly interesting was about a shaman in South America (iirc) who was part of a tribe that practiced cannibalism of dead members as part of their rituals. One member gave him a strange piece of flesh he referred to as 'sky flesh' and eating it made him trip for weeks, and he was abducted shortly after and experienced a horrific ordeal. He said he believes it was because his trip on the 'sky flesh' showed him things he wasn't supposed to learn. I'm gonna find his name.

Maybe aliens gave us psychedelics o_O that guy said he met one of the races most people deem as one of the more malicious towards humans. According to the internet some races are more sympathetic to us though and maybe they planted psychs here or something. Idk just something cool to think about, sorry for derailing the thread with aliens lol.

Are you familiar with Jacques Vallee? He is a proponent of the idea that aliens may be from a different dimension entirely and they abduct/contact us through some kind of psychic powers. One story I found incredibly interesting was about a shaman in South America (iirc) who was part of a tribe that practiced cannibalism of dead members as part of their rituals. One member gave him a strange piece of flesh he referred to as 'sky flesh' and eating it made him trip for weeks, and he was abducted shortly after and experienced a horrific ordeal. He said he believes it was because his trip on the 'sky flesh' showed him things he wasn't supposed to learn. I'm gonna find his name.

Maybe aliens gave us psychedelics o_O that guy said he met one of the races most people deem as one of the more malicious towards humans. According to the internet some races are more sympathetic to us though and maybe they planted psychs here or something. Idk just something cool to think about, sorry for derailing the thread with aliens lol.

I haven’t but my beliefs mirror his... Psychedelics have brought me on quite the journey over the years and my experiences often aren’t even believed so I don’t share them.

One experience I had on DMT, aliens (greys) worked on my brain via a laser type device very quickly while they could during a weaker trip, immediately after I felt different and upon researching it seemed the left frontal cortex (where I got work done) was tied with changes I was seeing in my daily life.

For about 2-3yrs after, and even still kinda to this day, I can feel where they operated as if it’s higher activity than other spots in my head, it’s a weird sensation.

Many other experiences I’ve witnessed what I believe (have been told) are parasitic species which feed off human emotion. I’ve corroborated my experiences by finding many others of these creatures. They prefer negative emotions but I get the sense all human emotions are somehow valuable to these things.

Without going to far DMT and other psychedelics has shown me things and brought about a way of life for me that I both cherish yet am awestruck at what’s truly before me if it’s all “real” the implications are heavy.

I’ll checj this guy out :)

-GC

I haven’t but my beliefs mirror his... Psychedelics have brought me on quite the journey over the years and my experiences often aren’t even believed so I don’t share them.

One experience I had on DMT, aliens (greys) worked on my brain via a laser type device very quickly while they could during a weaker trip, immediately after I felt different and upon researching it seemed the left frontal cortex (where I got work done) was tied with changes I was seeing in my daily life.

For about 2-3yrs after, and even still kinda to this day, I can feel where they operated as if it’s higher activity than other spots in my head, it’s a weird sensation.

Many other experiences I’ve witnessed what I believe (have been told) are parasitic species which feed off human emotion. I’ve corroborated my experiences by finding many others of these creatures. They prefer negative emotions but I get the sense all human emotions are somehow valuable to these things.

Without going to far DMT and other psychedelics has shown me things and brought about a way of life for me that I both cherish yet am awestruck at what’s truly before me if it’s all “real” the implications are heavy.

I’ll checj this guy out :)

-GC

Man I'd love to hear more about your experiences, PM me if you'd like. This is my favorite shit, I don't have a lot of people to talk to about aliens and their possible existential and psychedelic implications. Apparently it's "not great dinner conversation" and "drives people away"...

I've never had any cool stuff like that happen on a trip even in high doses. My experiences have also been terrestrial and inwardly focused. At best I get a vague sensation of oneness and peace. Didn't end up breaking through the one time I smoked DMT.

Man I'd love to hear more about your experiences, PM me if you'd like. This is my favorite shit, I don't have a lot of people to talk to about aliens and their possible existential and psychedelic implications. Apparently it's "not great dinner conversation" and "drives people away"...

I've never had any cool stuff like that happen on a trip even in high doses. My experiences have also been terrestrial and inwardly focused. At best I get a vague sensation of oneness and peace. Didn't end up breaking through the one time I smoked DMT.

I’ll either start a thread on topic or PM you eventually cuz ya this stuff interests me too :)

It may be the DMT mainly which shows me many of the things I’ve come to know as truths over the years. Looking back I didn’t start on this path until I began working and evolving a relationship with DMT. Up until that point I had used every other common psychedelic and a few uncommon ones as well.

You know I began writing out my journey here but decided it might be better spent in a new thread as it’s long and complicated.

-GC