• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ran out of remeron (mirtazapine) what can I use to substitute?

if you can't get to sleep with that smorgasbord of meds then its time to look for something else
and i don't just mean another tablet - a good place to start is something called 'Sleep Hygiene'
its nothing to do with bathing - its stuff like only use your room for sleep, avoid blue light emitting devices in the bedroom, have a set bed time etc etc
really helps

I don't think this is a sleep hygiene issue at this point, although that is never a bad suggestion.

Just look at that fucking cocktail. This isn't someone trying to taper off of one dependency - there's so much shit going on there I wouldn't even want to begin parsing out that pharmacology.

To me, this calls for medically supervised medication tapering, a full-blown neurology consultation w/ an overnight PSG, probably long-term outpatient rehab, etc.

i only said that SH was 'a good place to start'. yeah OP is going to need a lot more help but you gotta crawl before you run

Try Trimipramine, it's the most non-toxic TCA medication for sleep, it goes from 12.5 to 100mg tablets, but nobody takes the 50, 75 and 100mg capsules, the 12.5mg pills are enough to sleep very well and also Trimipramine has a quality to it that very few medication do have, it is a sleeping medication (mostly) that does not interfere with the natural sleep cycles.

The only other medication that does this is a little known benzo available in America, Doral, aka Quazepam, it's a hypnotic and anxiolytic and a benzo and yet does not mess with one's sleep cycles nor REM sleep.

That's my 2 best options for you, since you can take a TCA if you were on Remeron....and Trimipramine is like 70 years old, Imipramine is cardiotoxic, Trimipramine isn't and even if it was the tiny red 12.5mg sleeping pills work very well, sometimes I take 25mg but rarely, it has very strong anticholinergic effects. It is also dirt cheap. I get 60x12.5mg, sure I'm in Canada, for 7.89, but I know for a fact it is dirt cheap in the US too. Could also try Doral...they push people benzos...yet ignore Doral(Quazepam)...I bet they would accept prescribing it to you since it's little heard of and it's not like someone coming in and saying they want 2mg xanax bars 4 times a day. Most doctors with xanax start at 0.25mg 4 times a day prn..