• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Rainbow serpent-Who's been and who's going?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
I realise its still a fair way away, but im pretty sure me and my partner will be going, i just had a look on their website and it looks unreal. we've never been to a doof before and its going to be our first. Im am so excited.

So who's been to a rainbow serpent and what was it like? what did you do there and what were were the highlights?

who's going to next year's?

Also whats the go with drugs, it says on the website no drugs permitted(obviousely) but do people get off chops there or what?

Im guessing this is the right place for this, mods move if necessary.

^ The thread in events is locked at present, due to being too early.

I'm happy to leave this open as a general discussion of the rainbow festival :)

^^thanks...and yea thats all im looking for, general discussion on the topic. Sounds like its going to be a blast and the pics look like a psychedelic wonderland.

Rainbow is the only thing that keeps me from going completely jaded. After going to our first one, my friends and I haven't missed one; This will be our 6th one.

If you haven't been to a doof before, than Rainbow would definitely be the one to bust you doof hymen.

I have, however, noticed the crowds have been changing a lot. Don't get me wrong, each time I go, I always meet new and interesting people, but there does seem to be a lot more 'hardcore' punters of late.

Besides what the website's disclaimer says, there are drugs there, it's just that they don't 'permit' it. Be sensible, it's not a competition to see who can get the most fucked up.

In my opinion, this year was the best yet, besides the fact that I was completely drug free and our esky, vodka and chairs were stolen. Unrainbowlike!!

/end jaded rant

Buy tickets and go, you will love it! Maybe we can arrange a meet up.

Highlights?

Capoeira show each year.

...or the breadstick and vegemite jousting a few years back.

I love Rainbow!

Last one I went to was 2005, and to be honest I don't know when I'll get back to one, but you're going to have a ball at it. :D

Rainbow is hands down my favorite event of the year. If i could only go to one party this would be it. I gave up my Big day outs (on at the same time) with not a care in the world. It's just so beautiful and "magical" (yes hippy talk crap but whatever - it is!) It has such a lovely vibe and it's just oh so gorgeous.

So many stages, stalls and preformances ahhhhh rainbow has my heart forever. I have my ticket already and 07 will be my 4th one =D

ps - they have to say that it's a drug free event ;)

I wanna go, but I can't even convince my mates to come to a local psy party, let alone something interstate. :(

I'm not really the kind of person to go along to these things on my own

AcidRain said:
I wanna go, but I can't even convince my mates to come to a local psy party, let alone something interstate. :(

I'm not really the kind of person to go along to these things on my own

Im in the same boat hey...I dont have to travel interstate but im the only one out of my group interested in psytrance and doof's and the like.

Ahh well, one day ill get to go, until then ill just have to make do i guess.

shorza said:
Highlights?

...or the breadstick and vegemite jousting a few years back.

ahahaha...that looks like it could get interesting.

Most of the pics ive seen look like theyre in a multicultural country of its own, i know for sure this is going to be excelent.

when do the tickets usually sell out? do they?

It is very multicultrul as people come from all over the world to rainbow. Tickets have rounds.. 1st round, 2nd round and 3rd round (maybe more?) and go up in price for each one by a certain time. They don't "sell out" (i dont think) but tickets at the gate will be $150 each so best to buy asap

those who want to go and don't want to go alone - maybe round up a bl group and go together? It's really worth making the efffort. I mean shit - i travel over 12 hrs one way to get there every year :D

Yes definitely, the idea of a big BL group sounmds very appealing to me..........would be great to meet up with all the out of staters.

DQ where do u get the tickets please?

Ahh crap, is this thing on the Australia Day long weekend?

I was told February............ ahh crap.

Immortal Teknique said:
Im in the same boat hey...I dont have to travel interstate but im the only one out of my group interested in psytrance and doof's and the like.

Dont let it slip till "one day". . start working on things now!

Immortal Teknique said:

same. None of my friends like the music n related events I'm into. Trying to wear em down over time bwahaha =D
nah people like what they like, wish they'd just be open more n give things a go/sample.

and that shirtless guy on the right in the first picture looks like he has no arse hehe

I had no idea there was vegemite and breadstick jousting! Fuck the music, i wanna go for that. :\

its part of the games day
it wasnt on last year but hopfully be back this year

im curently working on my miss rainbow costume

I have to say, though, that i'd be hard pressed not to eat the vegemite-coated breadstick before i actually got around to entering the jousting tournament. Baguettes and vegemite are one of my favourite snacks. ;)