European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

R.I.P. Limpet_chicken

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
Sadly, it has come to my attention recently that Limpet_chicken (previously known as Lestat) who went missing a couple of years ago has passed away.

His friend @Hannah Capps has finally had confirmation from the Geater Manchester police and it appears he passed away sometime around 2019/2020. No further details are known.

Hannah posted the following message in the Bluelight Shrine:

"Not sure how to even put this into words. I called the Manchester police department to inquire about Lestat. Many of you are not aware of the deep friendship that we both had for about 15 years. He to many was a bit rough around the edges, I miss hearing his hilarious brit slang terms that always made me belly up laughing my head off. The police were not at liberty to say when or how he passed, still it's good to know that he's gone and I don't have that awful gnawing feeling in my gut from 2019 to now searching high and low, calling, investigating, beating down doors the most polite and insistent way I could on this side of the pond.

My guess is perhaps he passed away sometime in 2020 because he fell off the grid, Lestat's mom passed away in 2016 and the last few times that we did speak he honestly had lost a spark that used to be there.

He introduced me to BL 15 years ago, and I have him to thank for knowing you guys and gals here at BL. He also had high functioning autism, as do I. Was quiet brilliant with (ahem) synthesizing stuff 😅 Bittersweet memories here while I wipe away a snotty mess of snot recalling how he was so outlandish, but I saw through that there was a side of him that very few knew about. I was honored to have known him, and I miss him something sore.

A raw untouched spot in my heart has opened up and finally letting go of him.

If I a Christian (not just in name only) and someone very different and bullheaded but sweet goth explosive as him could for 15 years find a friendship anyone can choose to make a friendship work we were both proof of that. Through many hard times, Lestat is to thank for me not ending my life on many occasions He's also to thank for 'listening' to me type for hours on end about the things that needed to be released, processed and let go of.

Anyhow, if anyone has anything funny, insightful or just condolences to give please comment down below."

Please join me in offering condolences to Hannah, his family and his friends...

Jesus - its an understatement to say he got on the wick of many people but while my moderation was constantly criticised by members who wanted him infracted for the many tall tales and occasional anti social but ludicrous statements he sometimes made due to his cynicism with professional health and social care staff, he was ultimately no problem, the challenges largely resulting from a minority of members who thrived on hating him. At the risk of taking out of turn, my moderation was pathetic but not quite for the reasons cited by his detractors - long entrenched EADD and Senior Staff grandfathered in a mindset and approach they felt was best for me to follow and while I should not have let others influence my sometimes overly tolerant treatment of him, their instincts were in the end spot on as he had no real malice to speak of and when he started to get relentlessly picked on my arrogance led me to believe that I could reason with such members, expecting them to be able to take the whole thing with a pinch of salt they never had any intention to, While he came and went, his last disappearance followed my failure to prevent the grief he was being bombarded with and one final factor in my realising how useless I was in the role.

I am not as upset as I should be as despite my concern I felt that the chances of something awful having happened were all too likely and, as with OM, it was the bot knowing that sucked and while this is the last thing I wanted to hear it was the first thing I was expecting and with respects to my general selfishness I am at least glad to get some closure. Its not been a good week around here with this and Cap. H. but this is the game we all play (or have done at some point) ans where ever he is I hope he appreciates how much he was loved.

Goodnight mate xxxx

Interesting post stee - i remember being a little surprised at how much shit limpet got - it was all to be expected as he could be a little politically incorrect - i remember he once dressed up as al jolson to go to a church social - but he was a gentle soul and we had a laugh or two.

Interesting post stee - i remember being a little surprised at how much shit limpet got - it was all to be expected as he could be a little politically incorrect - i remember he once dressed up as al jolson to go to a church social - but he was a gentle soul and we had a laugh or two.

That is the perfect way to put it, the fact that the last few years has made it clear that 'politicly correct' assholes like me have ruined the world, requiring the edgelords to claim the planet if there is to be any hope, me now being so weak I no longer use the term, forgetting in my bubble of my own company + the hate the world constantly projects through multi - media that most people in EADD understand and live in the real world. I had nore to write but lucky for all I have lost my glasses...

Ah balls. Only spoke to him Skype once. But messaged a good bit.

For any faults he was very intelligent will be missed..

If any info how he died pls pm me.

I am sorry to hear this. It was exactly his outrageousness that I got a kick out of--he didn't hold back. I know there had to be a lot more to him than that however and I'm glad you got to know that, Hannah. I'm sorry for the loss of your good friend.

One of the many that will be missed.

Limpet_Chicken, closure is better then unknowing of what happened to someone. I hoped he got clean or something and stopped visiting Bluelight. But that seemed like far fetched scenario.
I hoped he has had the opportunity to drink Yellow tea, a special Green type of tea, which he didn't like. The last conversation we had.

Otherwise if there is something out there and there is Yellow tea available do try it.
Love to LC and any friend of him.

Had to laugh about that, don't even know who Al Jolson is. But the picture is clear enough.

His political incorrrectness was something I liked about him. I am recalcitrant so it strook me as not more then he had a realistic view on life and its flaw's.

Last edited:
RIP!

Never wish death on anybody because they spat bullshit & wrote books of lies, he was getting the purest kit on here, if it wasn't suicide, probs been kit.

Don't think I ever got to the end of one off his post.
pain in the arse for sure , hope he's at peace at least now, the guy was brutal tho

BTW he was nearly taking what he said or he would of went well before he did.