• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Quote Me A Piece Of Writing That You Really, Really Love :)

"In the beginning
I knew meeting could only
End in parting, yet
I ignored the coming dawn
And gave myself to you."
Fujiwara no Teika

?Where we come from... is not nearly as startling as where we are going.?
― Dan Brown, Origin

Elvis: Look, man, do I look like an ichthyologist to you? Big damn bugs, all right? The size of my fist. The size of a peanut butter and banana sandwich. What do I know? I got a growth on my pecker!

i just ate a peanut butter sandwhich on a french roll with ancient grains, reminded me of that quote from bubba ho tep

If you spend your life sparing people’s feelings and feeding their vanity, you get so you can’t distinguish what should be respected in them.

S. Fitzgerald

Sometimes when I look at you, I feel I'm gazing at a distant star.
It's dazzling, but the light is from tens of thousands of years ago.
Maybe the star doesn't even exist any more. Yet sometimes that light seems more real to me than anything.
H.Murakami

“The feelings that hurt most, the emotions that sting most, are those that are absurd - The longing for impossible things, precisely because they are impossible; nostalgia for what never was; the desire for what could have been; regret over not being someone else; dissatisfaction with the world’s existence. All these half-tones of the soul’s consciousness create in us a painful landscape, an eternal sunset of what we are.”
Fernando Pessoa

when my mother was pregnant with her second child, i was 4
i pointed at her swollen belly confused at how my mother
had gotten so big in such little time
my father scooped me in his tree trunk arms and said
the closest thing to god on this earth is a woman?s body
it?s where life comes from
and to have a grown man tell me something so powerful at such a young age changed me to see that the entire universe rested at my mother?s feet

-rupi kaur

“Name one? Name a dozen: I can pick fuckin green beans, I can pick fuckin tomatoes, I can pick fuckin strawberries, I can pick fuckin lettuce—”

"If the individual realizes his self by spontaneous activity and thus relates himself to the world, he ceases to be an isolated atom; he and the world become part of one structuralized whole; he has his rightful place, and thereby his doubt concerning himself and the meaning of life disappears. This doubt sprang from his separateness and from the thwarting of life; when he can live, neither compulsively nor automatically but spontaneously, the doubt disappears. He is aware of himself as an active and creative individual and recognizes that there is only one meaning of life: the act of living itself."

Eric Fromm, Escape from freedom (1941)

@ Erikmen
04-04-2018 04:35
" The feelings that hurt most, the emotions that sting most, are those that are absurd - The longing for impossible things, precisely because they are impossible; nostalgia for what never was; the desire for what could have been; regret over not being someone else; dissatisfaction with the world?s existence. All these half-tones of the soul?s consciousness create in us a painful landscape, an eternal sunset of what we are.? "
― Fernando Pessoa

The restoration in lament and bereavement; that which society deems vulnerable; is that which keeps us connected through our hearts; the memory of feeling, a wisdom that imbibes our intuition, long after our mind forgets - this is a virtue and a taste of life, that makes joy all the more palatably beautiful. ❤️

9f20316e7f07a2df3cd8c5a5a565f08e.jpg

“The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.”

"Contrariwise," continued Tweedledee, "if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic."

-- Lewis Carroll

John Keats

This living hand, now warm and capable
Of earnest grasping, would, if it were cold
And in the icy silence of the tomb,
So haunt thy days and chill thy dreaming nights
That thou would wish thine own heart dry of blood
So in my veins red life might stream again,
And thou be conscience-calm’d–see here it is–
I hold it towards you.

“Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.”
Stephen King , The Stand

“We are suffering a reign of terror because human values have been replaced by contempt for others and the worship of efficiency, the desire for freedom by the desire for domination. It is no longer being just and generous that makes us right; it is being successful.”

Albert Camus

"I did not understand that she was hiding her feelings under irony, that this is usually the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded, and that their pride makes them refuse to surrender till the last moment and shrink from giving expression to their feelings before you. I ought to have guessed the truth from the timidity with which she had repeatedly approached her sarcasm, only bringing herself to utter it at last with an effort. But I did not guess, and an evil feeling took possession of me."

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
starving hysterical naked"

Allen Ginsberg - "Howl"

Last edited by a moderator:
I just creeped her IG. She?s literally trying to turn into an Instagram influencer regarding dipping chicken into soda. Wtf.

We chose this future when we decided to let "Instagram influencer" be a thing