• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Quitting Suboxone (recently switched to subutex) Cold Turkey- Physical danger??

Did not make it as long until my next dose as i would have liked. Feeling the insomnia hard. My mind and body just wont shut down. Guna take 4 more mgs hopefully it will get me through the night amd will be 1mg less than yesterday.

Do you have an actual taper plan, like how many mg per dose, doses per day, etc? I'm not familiar with buprenorphine, but I know when it comes to tapering you'll generally be more successful if you stick to a plan. Slow and steady seems to work better than trying to push yourself as fast as possible, as it's easy to have high ambitions until the pain kicks in. It can take a few days for the withdrawal to fully kick in, especially with drugs with longer half-life like buprenorphine.

Then again, some people seem to do well taking bigger steps at first and slowing down later, or sometimes not at all. However you go about it, the important part is sticking to the plan when it comes to tapering. There might be times when you realize your plan was a little ambitious and you need to make revisions, but try to keep those to a minimal. I know, for myself at least, that it's easy to start negotiating for more drugs when the withdrawals are bad.

Staying hydrated seemed to make a big difference for me. I would keep drinking watered down pedialyte while going through withdrawal. You can take melatonin a few hours before bedtime to help regulate your sleep cycle as well. Melatonin isn't an immediate fix, but over a few weeks it can help you get on a schedule again.

Hello, i have been on suboxone for a couple years amd i recently discovered i am about 6 weeks pregnant. I talked to my doctor and they switched me to subutex and talked about doing a slow taper from my 20mg dailey dose, dropping me down a couple mgs every MONTH.

I want OFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. When i take it i go into instant panic attack feeling like im OD'g, the thought of my baby being born addicted send me into horrible panic attacks and i am just READY to be done.

I KNOW i have ZERO risk for relapse, if anything i would have a mental desire for more suboxone but with how the last doses have been, i am disgusted with it. I want OFF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I AM READY TO BE DONE in the next couple weeks.

MY PLAN is to drop half a tab every week till its gone so about 2 or 3 weeks.

MY QUESTION, other than the obvious severe withdrawl, pain, abdominal craps sweats yawning gastrointestnal issues, chills, all the basic withdrawls, and other than risk of miscarriage, are there ANY DANGEROUS physical effects like seizure or death or heart related dangers that could possobly kill me if i do this?
First
18 hours since my last dose of 3mg, i have taken 4mgs as i feel the fluttering of WDs begging to set in. Hoping to not take anymore today tha. The 9mgs i took yesterday and by the end of the week be able to comfortably cut out a couple mgs without hitting WD

Considering this time last week i was taking 20mgs a day amd would habe already had 10 mgs in me and wanting more, i think im doing well. Im realizing the vast majority of my need for such a high dose came from mental wds, now that my mental state is wanting to cut back, its easier than i originally thought. Still keeping my body out of bad WDs
First of all no addict has zer risk of relapse pregnant or not. My advice to you is to not detox at all that is bad for your unborn child ! You need to switch to the whites with no naltrexone called Bupernorphine. This will keep you and your child unsick from detox and safely keep your child out of harms way from relapse please do your research whenever a problem arises on anything there is so much information out there Ask others in your situation. Here in the states that is the recommendation for all pregnant women who are on marine center drugs for addiction unless they are on methadone matinence which is also safe for the unborn if your already taking it. Don’t ever take methadone and subutex or bupernorphine. Never never instant withdrawl​

MotherJ -

Great job tapering down without going into acute wds. When do you see your doctor? About two weeks if I recall from your previous posts correctly?

Are you comfortable with the doctor you have now? Do you think it may be wise to look for one who specializes in this?

Do you have a plan yet to tell your husband or are you waiting to talk to the doctor and then figure it out from there?

You are doing great. How’s your anxiety been at the lower doses?

- VE

First

First of all no addict has zer risk of relapse pregnant or not. My advice to you is to not detox at all that is bad for your unborn child ! You need to switch to the whites with no naltrexone called Bupernorphine. This will keep you and your child unsick from detox and safely keep your child out of harms way from relapse please do your research whenever a problem arises on anything there is so much information out there Ask others in your situation. Here in the states that is the recommendation for all pregnant women who are on marine center drugs for addiction unless they are on methadone matinence which is also safe for the unborn if your already taking it. Don’t ever take methadone and subutex or bupernorphine. Never never instant withdrawl​

I have switched to the pure bupe no naloxone

MotherJ -

Great job tapering down without going into acute wds. When do you see your doctor? About two weeks if I recall from your previous posts correctly?

Are you comfortable with the doctor you have now? Do you think it may be wise to look for one who specializes in this?

Do you have a plan yet to tell your husband or are you waiting to talk to the doctor and then figure it out from there?

You are doing great. How’s your anxiety been at the lower doses?

- VE

This will be my first time seeing my OB actually this Thursday

Do you have an actual taper plan, like how many mg per dose, doses per day, etc? I'm not familiar with buprenorphine, but I know when it comes to tapering you'll generally be more successful if you stick to a plan. Slow and steady seems to work better than trying to push yourself as fast as possible, as it's easy to have high ambitions until the pain kicks in. It can take a few days for the withdrawal to fully kick in, especially with drugs with longer half-life like buprenorphine.

Then again, some people seem to do well taking bigger steps at first and slowing down later, or sometimes not at all. However you go about it, the important part is sticking to the plan when it comes to tapering. There might be times when you realize your plan was a little ambitious and you need to make revisions, but try to keep those to a minimal. I know, for myself at least, that it's easy to start negotiating for more drugs when the withdrawals are bad.

Staying hydrated seemed to make a big difference for me. I would keep drinking watered down pedialyte while going through withdrawal. You can take melatonin a few hours before bedtime to help regulate your sleep cycle as well. Melatonin isn't an immediate fix, but over a few weeks it can help you get on a schedule again.

I really dont have a real plan yet, i was just kinda seeing how much bupe i actually need to not feel WD as before i was taking as much as i could trying to feel amazing rather than just not sick. Once i get a feel for how much i need to keep me out of WD i was going to do a slow taper fron there with a plam my doctors and i come up with

The real test comes today. Going bacl to my extrwmely physical metal shop job on next to. No sleep. Its always easier for me to take less than my daily weekday dose on the weekends but ive had a really yard tome cutting out any doses from my weekday dose regimine of 1&1/4 when i wake up, 1/2 when i get to work, 1/2 after break, 1/2 after lunch. Its a loooonng hard physical night. I wont be home until after midnight and dont get to bed until after 2am. Tomorrow we wake up around 730/8am for my finances surgery, this week is going to be rough. Ive considered sticking to my normal doses amd trying to start to taper after everything calms down but im really not liking how i feel on these new subutexs compared to my normal suboxones. They seem to make me more dizzy and fluttery kinda lightheaded and that sparks my anxiety and panic attacks baad. Im going to take half a tab now and take it from there. Wish me luck.

Well im just passed my 1st break. Ive already taken a whole 8 mgs and got the yawns and chills so bad. Why do physical WDs seem to hit me so much more at work? I understand being tired sore and unmotivated but i shouldnt be rapid fire yawning non stop with the creepy crawly chills. Think im guna try just 2 mgs to hold me through my shift mayne another 1 or 2mgs at the end so i can sleep. Husband is going in for surgery tomorrow akd we have to be at the hospital 4 hours eairlier than we usualy wake up so it wi be rough.

MotherJ -

I’m so sorry work is such a struggle to get through. I know exactly how you feel. While I don’t have a physically taxing job, I do have a mentally taxing one, and work is what always gets in the way of me and tapering.

I often sit around dreaming about what it would be like to be unemployed and taper off this shit. Seriously, if I could just lay around the house until I felt better I would be sooo thankful. Anyway, I digress.

I hope you feel better today and that your husbands surgery goes well.

- VE

MJ -

How is it going? How are you feeling? I was thinking about you today and wanted to check in on you.

- VE

Sorry for the lack of posts lately life has been coming fast. Ive comfortsbly tapered down to 4mgs 2 times a day so 8mgs total with NO WDs!!! Other than im having a difficult time getting enough sleep but thar could be attributed to other stressors. I went to my OB appointment and planned on telling the DOC about my subs but never saw the DOC only the nurse whom I snap told i was on no medications. I believe ill be able to get off the subs before my 3rd trimester (im 7 weeks today)

Anyways, she perscribed me Zoloft and im reading on drugs.com that subutex and zoloft have a interactions rating of moderate and shouldn't be taken together but im reading of people doing it fine in other addiction forums. I plan on calling my SUBS doc and asking about it tomorrow but has anyone here mixed Subs and Zoloft? Is there a different thread somewhere I should post this quiestion in?

I'm not familiar with the interaction between Zoloft and Subutex. I don't mean to lecture, but that is really a question you should ask the doctor, or the nurse who can then alert a doctor who can answer the question competently. Not really a good idea to gauge the safety of medications with google and strangers on the internet. That said, you'll probably get a better answer in Mental Health.

I'm not familiar with the interaction between Zoloft and Subutex. I don't mean to lecture, but that is really a question you should ask the doctor, or the nurse who can then alert a doctor who can answer the question competently. Not really a good idea to gauge the safety of medications with google and strangers on the internet. That said, you'll probably get a better answer in Mental Health.
I did post in mental health threae and i also do fully intend on going to my doctor with these quiestions like i said, i was just curiouse asking here until tuey opened

I hope you have a good therapist. Your anxiety seems very overwhelming. Your feelings on the situation are irrational. To say you would rather lose the baby than have it be born dependent was surprising to read. A therapist may also help you with your spouse who doesn't know about your drug use. You will need a lot of support to get through this situation, especially during the mental part of withdrawal.

Are there in patient programs for pregnant women? That would be awesome.

The best sub taper plan I have seen online is Robert_325 at drugs.com. He is no longer posting but you can still find his plan and read his threads.

You should tell your doctor about your drug use ASAP , they do a drug screen anyway during your first labs for pregnancy and they do a drug screen the day you give birth and test Baby as well. Social services will be involved if you or baby test positive for anything .