• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox Quitting multiple substances

HQCDestrukto

Greenlighter
Hi BL,

So it's time to turn my life around because i know my lifestyle is going to ruin me. I can't even get high anymore and sometimes have to take benzos to be able to take another drug without feeling really bad. It just ain't fun anymore..

So right now, i have a physical dependancy on smack, crack, meth and ghb. Yeah.. never imagined I'd get to that point, but damn, time goes by fast.

So now I'm on day 1 with no cocaine, feel lethargic af, read it would mostly last a few days.
Managed to only take 2g of ghb this morning.
Took 2 hits of meth and about 5of smack.

I know smack will probably be the worst because i tried CT yesterday and it was unbearable. I think meth will be easy as i have already done it.

My question is, should i do all of them at once, go through hell for a week? Or take em out 1 by 1. I have clonazepam on hand for help.

Wwyd?

I definitely feel for ya man. I'm just off methadone and off booze 6 years. I don't know stims well but dope will rattle ya. Try as hard as it is to just drop it and ride it out. I know it sucks but only will for a short time. Don't do them all at once though, quitting cigarettes with methadone almost drove me to punching people, all of that i would have killed someone

One by one.

Crack is a no brainer to drop 1st.
Meth drop.

There are no real dependencies to that stuff.

GHB there could be.

And then smack. Get some subs and try to taper with those. Oddly opiates will help you get off the other stuff since they like a medicine as well. The thing is you don't want to be kicking opiates while taking other stuff too, so this is last to go. That will be indeed the worst depending (sounds like you only have a little smoking habit). But you should be ok.

There is a come down. But no real dependence. Its not like there is ice maintenance. Or meth is a drug you can do and live a normal life. 1st drug to drop if getting clean.

Withdrawal off that shit will probably make you crazy. But staying sedated with opiates and benzos, will be minimal.

Compared to opiates, benzos, and alcohol which have true dependencies.

if you have enough left in your soul to wake up and get out of bed and do drugs that would help yeah. you use the word dependencies loosely. i found my meth detox was easily as hard as my suboxone detox. i know people who have started shooting meth after being on hydros for years and quit on a dime and continued using meth. i personally
think getting through opiate withdrawal and the g withdrawal before anything would help. ahhh whatever though to each their own. one thing at a time is always easiest i guess.

Yeah I guess it depends on the underlying DOC. I did know some heavy crack users that used opiates plenty. However they wouldn't get as sick as I would and would even be doing crack the next day before heroin. I still don't understand it.

Either way, don't stop all at once Could be very dangerous of a withdrawal. But also good you are catching it now since if you go to jail you will be going through all of it.

Thanks everyone for all the input, on day 2 without crack, slept 16hrs, few panic attacks with bpm going to 130 just by lying in bed. Heard the timeline for the worst symptoms was short, no brainer since it costs a lot and has a huge impact on health. Meth will be #2 on my list. That thing is the devil, but symptoms aren't so bad. G and H will be hard that's for sure. Already tapering off G, but H is the thing I'm leaning on to help me kick the others out. Haven't used benzos yet, keeping them for the real pain of H withdrawals, also don't want to start a benzo dependency, heard it's then worst of the lot.

well done on deciding to quit. i would echo the others and say dropping the stims first is easiest due to the lack of physical dependency. I would try not to rush it too much. stabilise off each drug before you quit the next, and yes leave the dark til last cos it'll help with the others.

cocaine causes nerve damage, in rehab i was given a fuckton of b vitamins, so take some supplements and try to eat as healthy as possible.

what help are you getting irl? have you tried any mutual support meetings like NA or SMART? you really really need psychological support. i thought i was using cos i was just a junkie and thought i couldn't quit cos i was weak. turned out that i was fucking haunted by shit that i didn't even know i was upset about when using cos the drugs masked it so well. so ideally seek out an addiction therapist. basically get as much help as you physically can. there is a reason you ended up using all these drugs, they do something for you. if you don't work out what that is and meet that need in a different way, it will be very hard to remain clean.

There's good advice here.

Be careful with GHB, I don't know what your dosing schedule was (and for how long) but if you're physically addicted the WDs are generally worse than opiate WD and much more dangerous as well. You can taper it but do it slowly if you must, if you taper too fast you could run into problems and even have a seizure (the panic attack was probably related to you GHB taper).

Thank you very much for all the support and recs. My only help is my motivation to be happier and healthier. As mentioned, it wasn't even fun getting high anymore.

Kicked crack and now meth is a thing of the past.

So ghb still using (make my own to ensure quality and stability) but drastically reduced (about 5g a day, intervals between smoking smack as to not OD) and stop everythinf 1h before taking meds (300mg xr seroquel and 45mg mirtazapine)

I never want to do H ever again, not worth these insane WS