• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Quitting Marijuana - HELP ME

marijuana isn't addictive...

...I should know I smoke it everyday, and experience no withdrawal effects :D. But seriously, I've quit MANY times, and experienced no ill faded effects at all. Of course I wanted to smoke, but nothing too bad. No insomnia, no suicide thoughts, no nada :). If you want to quit, seriously, just quit, its that easy...

Withdrawal symptons I've personally noticed:

insomnia
boredom
irritability

Fortunately, the insomnia problem goes away after about a week (for me at least). The boredom problem is a bigger issue. If you want to quit, you need to find something to do to take up the time that you normally spent faded. If not, you'll constantly be thinking about getting high. As far as irritability, I think the best way to deal with this is to realize that the lack of MJ in your system is causing it when it hits you. If you realize this, then I think it's easier to deal with.
I completely disagree with the 'gradually cut back method.' At least for me, this worked for about a week, then I went back to smoking the same amount as before. If you're serious about quitting, you should do it cold turkey IMO.
Also, if the people you hang out with toke and aren't receptive to your notion of quitting (i.e. the "come on, just take ONE hit" type of friends), then you need to find new friends.

last night i dreamt for the first time in about 6 months and it was amazing

Yes! Your dreams do tend to come back to you after you stop toking, and this is a beautiful thing.:)

sadly ive smoked so long i dont like to dream.. i feel like i didnt get enough sleep 8o

To the people saying 'oh its just pot' and 'if you cant give it up you're not trying hard enough', you probably have never had the sort of habit this guy has, sure pot ain't crack but it can be fucking addictive! Don't be so fucking quick to pass judgement. Dude, I hear what you're saying, I'm in a similar situation. I have been kinda successful at giving up in the past but hte only way I could do it was by removing myself from access to it. Maybe it's time you get out of the town you're in and find something new. I moved back to my mum's house and found that it was such a screw around trying to get bud that I just didn't bother, the problem was as soon as i met someone who lived a few blocks away I slipped back into it. You're gonna have to find something to do with your time, otherwise it will never work.

Best of luck...

Dang your guys weed must really suck (no offense). Here in Alaska, one bowl of weed is enough to knock you on your ass.

^^^

One word... tolerance. It's a real bitch when you smoke all day everyday, believe me.