• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Quitting Marijuana - HELP ME

Sphinx

Ex-Bluelighter
The worse habit worse thing ive ever done and biggest regret was smoking weed. Since the first day I smoked it, I have been smoking it since in quantaties exceeding a half ounce a day on average, with somedays of absolutely no weed smoking. When im high, im fine, but as soon as Im alone and burning out, Ill cry, and cry, and cry, and cry and just wish I would *(#%&@@ die. Acid, E, coke, meth, NO other drug has ever even TOUCHED me in the painfully deep, horribly uncontrollable way of cannabis. Living in BC, Canada, where I get an 1/8th of premium indoor God bud for 10 bucks, and the cops dont give much a shit about weed, its near impossible NOT to buy weed, when every single person smokes it, every friend I have is a daily chronic, when every CENT I FUCKING EARN goes to this green shit that barely even gets me high anymore. On days like today, when I havnt had any weed, I cant stop crying, when Im high, I cant stop the anxiety of being around people, either way, its a LOSE LOSE situation, the crying stops after 2 or 3 days in a row without usage and I return to "normal", but the longest ive gone in the past 6 years of my life without smoking up, was 5 days. No matter where I go, somone is blazing, somone is selling, somone is OFFERING FOR FREE, I cant deny, I JUST CANT DENY IT, but I cant TAKE it anymore, I dont want to smoke weed, I havnt wanted to smoke it in over 3 years, but I CANT STOP, help me somone help me. If I isolate myself away from the world, I wont smoke any, but ill be depressed for having no life... I just wanna smile, wanna feel good, dont wanna be burned out, dont wanna cry anymore, DONT WANNA SEE ANYMORE of this bud. Anyone have any suggestions???

hey its ok
i started smoking bud 5 years ago and now im usually smoking twice or three times a day. i know this isnt shit compared to you but lately ive been consuming alot and ive started to get hella paranoid about shit. its wierd, I look at shit so muich differently when im high...like everythings a soap opera or something. i dunno, its really bad though. sometimes ill be all stoned and nothing will feel good, i cant think of anything good in my life, and it feels like everything is going to crash down on me....its like my whole body just gets filled with worry. shit...im smoking a bowl right now, and ive got a drug test in 2 weeks for this new job i got. so fuck dude..i want to quit so bad but theres just never anything to do around here and i got a sac so why not you know? but weed gives me this mellowed out feeling most times and nothing really matters too much anymore. ive been trying to go to sleep sober lately but i juist cant do it, it feels like i just woke up....ugh. i SO know im a little addict too and i really want to stop it, its just so hard. i dont know...im such a funkin idiot sometimes when i get stoned too. as much as i hate to admit it i really shouldnt use weed.

Ive been smoking a very lot of cannabis for the last 3,5 years. Ive wanted to quit for a long time. The only way for me to quit was to sign in at a drug center. The drug center is not connected with the police so you dont get busted for being positive in a drug test. I go their for urine test 3 times a week including 1 hour support talk. Now ive been clean for 3 months and i get a anti-psychotic to help me with the cannabis related paranoia & anxiety.

yeah, i kinda have the same problem living here in vermont. i'm a daily smoker and it definitely saps my motivation and intelligence. unfortunately everyone wants to smoke me out, sell me weed, or ask me to find them weed, which makes it real hard to quit. just gotta exercise some serious willpower...

I'm a pretty serious smoker myself (1-4 times a day for about four years) but I have never said to myslef that I want to quit, because I know I can't so its not an issue. the best thing I can hope for is to stay at a stable smoking rate (i'm closer to one time a day than four on weekdays now) and keep this reasonable tolerance level. but dude, i totally understand the desire.
i fantasize about living in BC (i'm in Ont) because of all I hear about it being heaven for potheads. in fact, High Times magazine last summer said Vancouver for the first time ever surpassed Amsterdam as the weed capital of the world.
holy fucking cheap prices. i know this won't help, but i'm jealous of what you have.

c'mon it is just weed....it is not like it is coke or something..
This reminds me of the movie "Half-Baked" when Dave Chappelle goes to the AA meeting claiming to be addicted to weed...
Plus, if the weed in BC is so good, then why/how do you smoke a half ounce a day...c'mon

I usually find the onset of the high euphoric and positive, only when it begins wearing off do I start to feeling shitty and depressed. I have also found it very difficult to discontinue my daily marijuana habit, but I have other habits that are more concerning.
I've never heard of people "tapering" off with weed, but I imagine it would be possible. There is a definate withdrawal syndrome from stopping after heavy use, for me being concentrated in my gastro-intestinal region. I think I'll have to taper off smoking when I finally quit.....

All i can say is this..
it's in your head.. it's in your head that there is "nothing to do" i to thought this was the case..
i smoked probably 7 times a day down at my past college.. i failed out.. spent all my money.. basically was depressed..
i come home after two semesters of being a stoner.. and one night i just decide.. this is my last time.. i went off on the golf course.. and said goodbye to my habit... rolled a fatty, to myself.. and just sat and looked at the stars.
after this.. after "quitting".. what to do? the times that you would normally be getting high.. substitute.. take up a hobby.. that's why we have hobbies..
anybody who says there's nothing to do and just smokes themselves retarded because of it is just trying to find an excuse..
i do smoke weed on occasion.. i find that if you wait til late at night like 2 hours before you plan to sleep.. you have no problem not doing it the next day.. that one smoke is special.. like a cold beer after a long hard days work.. but better..
all i can say is.. substitution.. something to keep your mind off of it.. play guitar for hours on end.. vary your activites.. take a girl out to dinner.. see a movie.. go on a walk in a park.. yeah..

Good suggestions, but its just, theres no one my age who doesnt toke daily, infact, the only person ive met who doesnt toke, is the only girl ive ever liked lol. I mean everyone else, smokes, its insane, you walk down the street smoking joints no one says anything no one gives a damn.
Replying to aftaburn, hell BC weed is great stuff, why such large amounts? Cause its just that, there is such LARGE amounts. I know about 20 kids (not exaggerating) around my age (17) who grow 100+ plants, everyones got pounds and ounces, not joints and dime bags and with so many street dealers and so much competeition, eeryones trying to give you a better deal, theres even this one guy who hosts a weed lottery, yes a lottery, you buy individual joints off him and each one comes with a slip of paper folded, that says "no win" or else stuff like "free joint" and even once a month he gives away a free ounce in his lottery. You buy 3 joints for 5 bucks, you win another 2, thats 5 joints for 5 bucks its outrageous. You smoke them all in 10 minutes, sit for a half hour, and decide to go get some more, then you see some guys walking down the street tokin they ask if you got matchables next thing you know there 10 people in a circle and 8 joints being passed around, and they dont stop for an hour, then you get bored after another half hour, and it repeats itself.

your weed 'addiction' sounds insane. reading your post i would think that you were addicted to fucking HERION.. i would suggest that you never ever ever put your hands on any kind of hard drug.. god knows what would happen to you. do you always buy your weed from the same source? b/c it sounds like it may be laced with somthing addictive. and weed has been proven time and time again to NOT be addictive, and it should never cause the symptoms that you are describing. i think you need to take a serious look at other aspects of you life, that something else is troubling you very severly, and the only way you are able to aviod what is troubling you is to get high. but when youre not high, your troubles become clear again and THAT is what is causing your pain. i have a hard time believing that clean, high grade pot is tearing you apart like this. i would suggest seeking thearpy, or some kind of consueling to find the root of your problem. after you and a professional doctor are able to identify your problems, you may find smoking a joint to be pleasant, b/c youre not using it to hide from bigger problems in your life.

its a very different kind of habit than a physical addiction because generally people can sustain it for a very long time and not have it degrade the everyday aspect, whereas this is a much rarer case with heroin addiction. when someone can continue a habit for years and still feel widely accepted, it can be very difficult to break. it is not a physical addiction, but habitual actions can be mentally straining in a similar, albeit less severe, fashion.
youve simply got to get yourself in a place where marijuana isn't easily accessible. this can be a rehab center, or even just live with a relative and fill your time with other things. all it takes to break a marijuana habit is to find fulfillment in something else to fill your time for a while. then, trust me, when you smoke for the first time in 2 months and you practically pass out you'll wonder why you ever liked it so much, and moderation should be much easier. just dont fall into the habit.. its pretty sick and lame, and youll realize even moreso than you already have once youre through with it. the changes in your mental state are fairly drastic, and youll probably get over the anxiety shit. most people i know who used for 2-3 years stopped just once for a month or more, and never went back to ritual use. but i also know lots who struggle after a week and dive back in. its not that detrimental, but its a waste of money & your time to be fucking high all day every day. especially when you stop enjoying it.

Originally posted by PharmAnimal2:
your weed 'addiction' sounds insane. reading your post i would think that you were addicted to fucking HERION.. i would suggest that you never ever ever put your hands on any kind of hard drug.. god knows what would happen to you. do you always buy your weed from the same source? b/c it sounds like it may be laced with somthing addictive. and weed has been proven time and time again to NOT be addictive, and it should never cause the symptoms that you are describing. i think you need to take a serious look at other aspects of you life, that something else is troubling you very severly, and the only way you are able to aviod what is troubling you is to get high. but when youre not high, your troubles become clear again and THAT is what is causing your pain. i have a hard time believing that clean, high grade pot is tearing you apart like this. i would suggest seeking thearpy, or some kind of consueling to find the root of your problem. after you and a professional doctor are able to identify your problems, you may find smoking a joint to be pleasant, b/c youre not using it to hide from bigger problems in your life.
W-O-R-D
*Just Say Maybe*

this is a pretty big claim, but i find it hard to beleive that someone would 'lace' weed and sell at market value.

probably why they wouldn't start off with high prices, but once u were addicted or apathetic bout it (admittedly probably requires an idiot) THEN the prices go up...but thats just my 2 cents...

just stop
no really, just stop
i quit cold turkey and im 2 months+ clean of weed. no withdrawls, no nothing
if i can do it, you can too! :)

In my experience taking a small amount of crystal meth nasally or orally eveyday will make it much easier to avoid weed. Remember to keep busy once u quit, so as to keep your mind off weed. In my experience this was effective.

diznik: the last thing this kid needs is to take crystal meth everyday!!!!! holy shit what are you trying to do to him??? i have never heard anyone suggesting using a harder, ADDICTIVE drug to get off of something like POT. and out of curiosity, how exactly is it that you are able to obtain a high off of EATING (orally) meth??? where are you from and whats in the water??

Try and seek counsling man. I know the sound of it makes you roll your eyes but deep down inside if you want to quit it will help. I was forced to quit 2 months ago and court orderd to seek counsling. At the time I knew it was all abunch of shit but I listend and learned alot. I have noticed that your friends will pressure you into smoking and you have to be the one to make the choice. Turning your back on friends is a hella hard thing to do but you need to make the right choice on whats better for you. If your really want to quit mokenwee you need to take the steps to free your self. Find something to keep your mind busy and off the thought of being high like a full time job or building up a dream. Only you can make your self quit, its all in the mind and your will power will prevail. Its up to you man, long hard road but at the end you will be happy. So make the choice. After the first 30 days you will feel proud to say "no thanks man, I quit along time ago."
Peace :) Moken