• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Quitting Heroin using Suboxone or Kratom (avoiding Post Withdrawal syndrome) Need help.

Monkeybrain88

Greenlighter
Hey everybody,
I have hit a wall and if I don't get clean this weekend I will be screwed royally as I am on probation. I wont bore you with the details but I HAVE to get clean this weekend. I have a somewhat average heroin addiction, .5 to .75 grams per day for about 3 months, and I have been able to get my hands on 28mg of Suboxone and I have a ton of Kratom. I tried quitting about a month ago and I sent myself into Post Withdrawal Syndrome because I took several grams of Kratom around the 24hr mark and took 4mg of Suboxone about 2 hours later. I did not know that Kratom and Suboxone would interact like that. I want to do this the easiest way possible, without sending myself into PWS. Has anyone tried doing this before? Should I avoid the suboxone and use Kratom instead or should I try it with the Suboxone and avoid the Kratom entirely...Any help or suggestions would be great.

Kratom is the way to go imo. Maybe take like 4-5grams (per dose), 2-3x's a day. That will help with WDs IMMENSELY. Id reduce the dosage of that slowly over a week or so. Thats what ive done every time and have had barely any withdrawals each time (if any).

This is just my experience/opinion. Good luck.

What you're talking about is called Precipitated Withdrawals. The only way to not have this happen is to wait until you are in full withdrawals, then take your sub dose, sometimes this means 20-30 hours of withdrawals before you can dose.

Kratom is the way to go imo. Maybe take like 4-5grams (per dose), 2-3x's a day. That will help with WDs IMMENSELY. Id reduce the dosage of that slowly over a week or so. Thats what ive done every time and have had barely any withdrawals each time (if any).

This is just my experience/opinion. Good luck.
Thanks for the response, I have been doing this for the last few days and I have had minimal w/d symptoms. I didnt think Kratom alone would be enough, and it isn't getting me high, but it is keeping the worst of the symptoms at bay. Thx again

Thanks for the response, I have been doing this for the last few days and I have had minimal w/d symptoms. I didnt think Kratom alone would be enough, and it isn't getting me high, but it is keeping the worst of the symptoms at bay. Thx again
Awesome man, glad its helping!

yeah man stick with the kratom as it may be the easiest on your body (drink LOTS of water with kratom to get best results) and mind.
add benefit maybe most are not testing for kratom (yet).
i live by it ( almost liyerally).
could do without but that would mean staying on shit i spent decades to get off of (opi and benz).
best to you and have a good un
peace