• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Quitting H, with 8mg suboxone

zebedee79

Bluelighter
I've been struggling with quitting H for the last couple of months, and it's got to the point where if I don't quit now my life is gonna too fucked up to come back from. I work, so instead of crime to support my habit, I basically used every form of credit I could get. If I don't stop now, I won't be able to support myself and pay my bills. I'm literally close to loosing everything. My Dr signed me off sick, and I can stay off for a month and still get payed, so I'm just gonna have dig in and get through it. I have no money, so at least I can't easily score.

I've been using opiates for 6 years or so, but it's the last 2 years where I've been using heavily. I currently smoke about 1 gram a day of uk H.

I'm no stranger to cold turkey, in the last few months I've been through several times, including one hellish experience with precipitated withdrawal. I've got plenty of comfort meds (gabapentin, benzos etc) and I've also got one 8mg suboxone. My question is what's the best way to utilise the sub? Should I break it up and use a small amount a day to take the edge off, or wait until I'm at the worst point and pop the whole thing? Is one sub not enough, maybe it will just drag things out longer and I should just forget about it. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Cheers

Zeb

Funny u posted this I'm at hour 14 right now same situation stopping H California H lol not uk and I only had 1 sub I planned first day take 1mg every 4 hours , but first wait till 20-24 hours without H to do that . If I were u max id take 1 mg every 4 hours up to 4 mg the next day do the same but 2 mg day after I would do like a .5 mg every 4 hours or something slowly and than stop completely but if u can get even 1 more sub it will help more that's what I did I got 3 8 mg subs

Hiya zeb
When i was in your situation a single suboxone would keep me from getting high for three days. Each of those days i'd still TRY to get high, but to no avail. Once the suboxone was out of my system i ended up right back where i started. The tipping point for me was scoring a prescription for suboxone, which made messing with dope a complete waste of time and money. If you're able to get a prescription from your doctor, or even score a bunch of subs off the street you should be golden. Using a single dose will do nothing but temporarily annoy the crap out of you. You probably already know this, but don't use that sucker until you're already kicking or you'll be bummed. Best of luck, zeb.

Last edited:
Start with 4mg and taper down from there over 7 days total. Ill ldt you do the math.

Lets assume your dope is of average quality. The bupe is not going to take all your symptoms away. However, using gaba and benzos, your experience should be pretty fucking ok. I would highly recommend getting some clonidine.

Try not to stress. As physical as a heroin withdrawal is, alot of it is mental. Drink lots of water and try to atleast take a walk a few days a week to staive off depression. After day 7, exercise as much as possible. This will really help with any residual chills and sweating.

Good luck man.

A couple days ago I quit a pretty heavy heroin habit, I don't really see much point in mentioning quantity unless you can verify quality, but - I was using daily and quite a lot, first shot usually around 6am, followed by shots every 2hours or so until around midnight. So - a fair habit.

I got hold of about 12mg suboxone, I've just been taking 2mg a day, it's no where near enough to make me feel 'ok' - I'm sweating pretty bad, and I find I can go to sleep for about 3-4 hours and then my bed is drenched in sweat and more sleep is no longer possible. But - the 2mg a day is definitely making things bearable, most importantly; it is keeping the RLS at bay - which IMHO is the worst part of WD.

Thanks for the replys, I think I'll start at 4mg and taper down over a week. It's the depression that gets to me the most, it's horrendous! Oh well, fuck it. I've got no drugs and no money so this is the best chance I've got of quitting.
Cheers

I've been there, still sort of am. If your going to take the sub just remember to wait Til you feel almost dead.
I would just take the whole 8 mg. I did that after kicking and I was completely fine physically, until I relapsed 3 months later.

But that's just me and my experience!