• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Quitting cigarettes

Al12

Ex-Bluelighter
I've been trying to quit smoking for quite awhile, unfortunately though my attempts were unsuccessful since as soon I drank outside with friends I usually get a huge craving for a cigarette that I can't resist. I know that drinking is bad especially when you're in nicotine withdrawal, however I have a question in regards to weed. I usually smoke joints with some tobacco in it, will smoking joints even after a cigarette free month cause me cravings?

Any other advice on how to quit is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Weed might make you crave it just because psychologically you have always mixed it with tobacco so your mind associates the two together. Maybe now you can smoke weed in a better way like buddy said vaporise or edibles or a nice bong and just stay away from doobies for awhile.

Rehabicable has a point.

I still do smoke Cigs, but when I was smoking weed, I would smoke over a pack a day. Weed just makes the cigs taste 100x better!

Now when I quit smoking weed, a pack would last me 3 days.

So I was smoking 3x more when I was smoking Weed.

But everyone is different. Whatever works to get off, right?

Man I wish :(.

The first cigarette of the day, the ones when you're drinking/tripping are the ones I enjoy the most. I quit post-meal cigarettes and I'd like to quit the random ones I have during the day cuz I always ask myself "why the fuck am i smoking this?"

They're so damn addictive.

i straight up said im done with ciggys one morning went out and bought a e cig and never looked back that was over 8 months ago
although you will exp WD from quitting it quickly fades away unlike other types of WD
i tried going CT many times all resulting in me being pissed off and anxious lol not really physical symptoms

Man I wish :(.

The first cigarette of the day, the ones when you're drinking/tripping are the ones I enjoy the most. I quit post-meal cigarettes and I'd like to quit the random ones I have during the day cuz I always ask myself "why the fuck am i smoking this?"

They're so damn addictive.
ahhh yes first cig of the day , post meal cig, hell even a cig while taking a crap
but then again the only thing that is addictive is the nicotine everything is nothing but fillers and garbage
when i switched to e cigs
i can vape at most places , easily vape during a toilet session , no more throwing on a shit ton of jackets to go outside to smoke when its cold out
no more losing my lighters, no more stinky clothes and breath, easily vape while watching a movie ..my gf would hate when we had to pause a movie just so i can go outside to smoke
cheaper also a bottle of juice cost me 10$...last about week
i was spending 6 to 12$ daily 8o on ciggys

The fact that makes cigarettes extremely addictive is not only nicotine in itself, its also the ritual of smoking. As other posters said before, the first cigarette of the day is always the best, then there's the cigarette after lunch/dinner etc… What I'm worried about is that the psychological addiction may last for months

Last edited:
The fact that makes cigarettes extremely addictive is not only nicotine in itself, its also the ritual of smoking. As other posters said before, the first cigarette of the day is always the best, then there's the cigarette after lunch/dinner etc… What I'm worried about is that the psychological addiction may last for months

wont know until you try
yeah i did miss the act of smoking and for a long time i couldnt get accustomed to the e cig but i eventually did
but in all reality its all will power whether you quit or replace it with something you do get used to it
i was a smoker for 10+ years kicked the habbit of smoking actual cigs from one day to another and hell i dont even vape as much as i thought i would
you efficiently get your nic fix with a e cig you wont get any WD physical or mentally as if you were quit CT
i literally woke up and said fuck no more cigs headed to the vape store and the rest is history

wont know until you try

i literally woke up and said fuck no more cigs headed to the vape store and the rest is history

But isn't the ecig pretty much toxic as cigarettes, I mean there have been no medical studies on it. It took pretty much 30 years to realize tobacco was unhealthy mainly because of the tobacco lobbies falsifying data and statistics. I'm very doubtful of the health issues concerning the ecig

There's no sure things in life. But I would be truly astounded if ecig's were as bad as cigarettes.

Break it down, we know what causes cancer from cigarettes, and it's not the nicotine. And the nicotine to my knowledge is the only chemical of significance an ecig has in common with a cigarette. So if ecigs WERE harmful, it would be completely by coincidence. And the substances ecigs do give off are not known to be carcinogenic.

There's just no valid hypothesis for them causing as much harm as cigarettes, or much harm at all in fact. From a chemical perspective it's unfounded concern AFAIK.

Also you can't just blame the companies for spreading false information. I mean sure, they DO, but they're not alone. Asshole health freaks have an agenda too and they intentionally spread misinformtion about ecig's for the purpose of conflating the issue. Because their agenda is to stop smoking and they've long forgotten WHY they're doing it. They imply nicotine and tobacco are synonymous and imply nicotine causes cancer.

Do you also fear nicotine patches? Or nicotine gum? Cause they're not much less likely to be dangerous than ecigs.

The only thing to watch out for with vaping is flavors. They are the one big unknown to the ecigarette. I vapped thick bakery type flavors out of a sub ohm dripper for months and my breathing drastically got worst.

Now I vape strictly unflavored juice with a 1.5ohm coil and have had no problems. Sometimes I add menthol, like actual menthol crystals. That way I know exactly what I'm inhaling.

not sure if its better/safer or not but im sure it doesnt contain all the bullshit that ciggys do
for what it is e cigs are badass well the good ones not the cheapo corner store shit that breaks in 5 mins e cigs
i got me off of smoking cigs and im glad i made the choice

now juices its a matter of trial and error
like i dont respond well to high PG bases juices but i also get breathlessness and a shit ton of mucus from high VG juice
the good thing is you can but a custom ratio of PG and VG which are the main thing in juices aside from the nicotine itself PG(propylene glycol) VG(vegetable glycerin)
again just a matter of trial and error
think the biggest issue for many new vapors is the nicotine strength, e juices do contain real deal nicotine so its easy to vape to much and feel like shit
there is such a thing of nicotine overdose
i was a pack and a half a day smoker so when i switched to e cigs i used 18 mg strength which was way to much for me i had to cut it down to 12mg then i went to 6mg now i am at 3mg
joey24x18 im sure it was just flavors or maybe to much VG which usually causes breathing issues

I switched to e-cig & a vaporizer for pure weed. After a few months I quit the e-cig. Seems much easier to quit an e-cig than tobacco & it's an easy switch over too. I felt better within a couple of weeks of stopping smoking. Vaporizing weed seems better than joints, stronger, uses less weed & healthier, also I don't associate it with tobacco like I would with a joint.

I know people who love the lozenges I never liked them. Taste funny and gave me hiccups. It's all personal preference some love the gum, patch, vape and lozenges.
Vaping still is an unknown but I know a guy who has an ecig with cartridges that have like 20+ mg of nicotine! That's why they worry me, I heard about some chick who ODed on nicotine using one, she must of been fucking around though but I know that's what started a bunch of the legal drama around them in Canada, (they are still in a legal grey area).

I enjoy the lozenges but they haven't helped me quit smoking. I read an article in The Washington Post about major shortages of lozenges in certain areas. It was surprising how many this one individual would take and also how much he would spend on them.

gonna try the vape thing soon enough..

Yeah, they have immigrant child laborers who get nasty effects from just cutting down the plants.

Never heard about lozenges before, they are like sweets right?

not sure what sweets you are referring to. More like a mix between a mint cough drop and a wafer. Not that bad, prefer them rather than the gum.