• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Quitting buprenorphine

Subutexcowboy

Greenlighter
So I'm planning to quit buprenorphine for a while at least and stop my daily habit. Reason to this is that my tolerance is way too big as I've been using it daily recreationally and for my depression for what it works wonders. I've been shooting the stuff for about a year now, last half year daily and I take 2-4mg a day. I have about 60x 10mg diazepam, 60mg morphine hydrocloride, 35x 60mg codeine pills, 125mg lyrica, 22x 30mg codeine pills, few grams quality bud and my friend promised me atleast 10x 2mg rivatril(clonazepam) pills. I know this is plenty to get off my habit but I happen to have a little tolerance to benzos as I've been taking them with my bupe and I have to go to work everyday (I have a daytime job, 9-17). I've heard that loperamide helps too, is this correct with bupe? And any ideas how should I use these meds efficiently ? I really like bupe because it's so good to treat my depression so this ain't gonna be as easy as it may sound. I have tried to be without it before but I get very restless and lethargic on a second day and I was 4 days without any last summer, didn't really sleep at all that time and it was very uncomfortable as you may expect. Any support and advices are greatly appericiated!
Peace, -J

Since you're shooting 2-4 mg a day youre taking in quite a bit of buprenorphine, equal to about 6-12mg sublingually, so I honestly think you should taper down to shooting at least 1mg a day, and then use the lyrica and benzo's for the withdrawal. I would save the opiates for days 3 or 4, as they probably won't even be effective till that point, and I would suggest using the, sparingly. The lyrica will help a lot with the withdrawals, you might not even need to use the benzo's, except to possibly help with the insomnia.

I would get as many benzos as you can for the withdrawal, and take high doses daily, for at least a month, to make sure the sub withdrawal is over. Benzo withdrawal is pretty fun.

^ Why would you even say that? Benzos should only be used for the worst parts of withdrawal. Telling them to take high doses daily for at least a month is horrible advice. I'm sure you are being sarcastic, but the OP doesn't know that.

I'm confused, so are the M924s a pain killer or are they like subutex for withdrawals???

AFAIK m924 IS subutex, but more to the point, anything over a mg is intended for opioid dependence, buprenorphine manufactured for pain comes in .2mg ampules.

Why do people always suggest taking benzos and other highly addictive drugs to get off of bupe Maybe for the first few days that's it. It only extends the withdraw. Get some good weed and some ibprufeen.

Because technically using a different medication to alleviate symptoms for a short period before they create their own dependency is pretty much what one of the main medical standards are. I'm not saying it's the best approach, but just that it's accepted as a standard approach.

As far as cannabis it's still pretty much globally considered illegal at the highest level even though some lower level authorities have fought to allow use in their area that still doesn't even allow doctors to legally discuss medical use without risking their license on the ability to do so. Also while it can be a great withdrawal tool it also is the easiest trigger to use when is not enough and doesn't feel like it's becoming any closer to enough the longer it's used.

S21, for most people quitting opioids is extrmely hard, both physically and mentally, and its a marathon not a sprint. Generally the WDs are so fucking excruciating that entertaining the idea of toughing it out without help is laughable, and if people try to tough out the WD without proper comfort meds they will be so completely exhausted that even after the worse of the WD is over the idea of facing their normal life and responsibilities is overwhelming and they relapse...by making the WD as comfortable as possible it leaves more gas in the tank to resist the urges that will be with you for some time. If quitting opiates was as simple as "weed and ibuprofen" I don't think human kind would be suffering repeated epidemics of opioid dependence going back hundreds of years to colonial China.

I've been through about 5 really terrible withdraws. Worst was in college I went cold turkey off a decent dose of methadone it was complete hell for close to a month. I've been through bad oxy withdraw and bupe withdraw. Honestly I think the best way to do it is too switch to a fast acting opiate. If your coming off bupe after years switch to hydros for a few weeks maybe even a full month. By the end of the month you should be down to like half tab a day. That's when you start using the small hits of cannabis and the OTC pain meds.

I was on a high dose of oxy I needed to come off before summer was over one year. I bought a zip lock bag of hydros. I started off taking 3 a day and by the last week half a tab. Once it was gone I micro dosed weed. I had shityy sleep for a few days a few aches and pains that was it.

Ive had a few week long episodes with benzos. I was only taking a small dose. When I stopped I had crippling nightmares felt like I was going to have a seizure. Now if I take benzos just for a day I feel off for 3-5 days. They are terrible and a worse addiction.

Sustanon, how's your eye doing? Hopefully nothing's gone wrong with your butthole, although at least you don't need that to see.

And, the people who come to the forum do usually make up the entire 1% of the population who has paradoxical reactions to benzos in body parts not known to be affected, or affectable; but most people can happily take their normal prescribed dose of benzos, on schedule, for years, stop, and not experience exploding legs or giant rhino hallucinations, or any withdrawal at all, honestly.

Feeling bitchy for a day or two is not part of a withdrawal syndrome; that could happen if you had to give up chocolate briefly, or anything that you generally enjoy.

Taking some benzos to get through an opioid withdraw makes so much more sense than getting more, expensive, clinic-required opioids with no end in sight, that's for fucking sure.

Sustanon, how's your eye doing? Hopefully nothing's gone wrong with your butthole, although at least you don't need that to see.

And, the people who come to the forum do usually make up the entire 1% of the population who has paradoxical reactions to benzos in body parts not known to be affected, or affectable; but most people can happily take their normal prescribed dose of benzos, on schedule, for years, stop, and not experience exploding legs or giant rhino hallucinations, or any withdrawal at all, honestly.

Feeling bitchy for a day or two is not part of a withdrawal syndrome; that could happen if you had to give up chocolate briefly, or anything that you generally enjoy.

Taking some benzos to get through an opioid withdraw makes so much more sense than getting more, expensive, clinic-required opioids with no end in sight, that's for fucking sure.

Ya right "most people" you mean a very select few! Give someone a decent dose of benzo for a full year and pull them off of it see what happens. That sounds like a lot of BS. Give someone 1 mg of Xanax for 6 months and stop them cold turkey why don't you try it tell us how it is. No thanks.

Last edited:
Normal prescribed dose is not something this site is known for. Kind of like how millions of people can abuse the Vicodin they got from the dentist and stop, never switching to IV heroin, and never needing loperamide, 100 codeine-pill extractions, kratom, and buckets of dextromethorphan.

Not saying the ones who do dont, just that most people are OK.

I would get as many benzos as you can for the withdrawal, and take high doses daily, for at least a month, to make sure the sub withdrawal is over. Benzo withdrawal is pretty fun.

That sounds a little..... extreme. I get a couple days.. or a week, maybe even two weeks. But a month?? By then you'll have a benzo withdrawal to deal with. And if you can't deal with it.. you'll end up in a worse place than you started.

Exactly I also think it's okay for the first 2-3 days longest I would do is a week. After that you have a new set of problems. I'll take bupe withdraw over the terror of benzo withdraw any day. That was the point I was trying to make.

If you are a person with lower gaba higher anxiety especially. I'm the type after a long night of drinking or a few days of using benzos I suffer for sometime.

Given the choice, I'd rather take withdrawal over any short-acting opiate, including heroin, over methadone or Xub withdrawal, which seem to go on and on and on forever. Since insomnia becomes a huge problem for me without opiates, I have to be extremely careful with any benzo. I'll know perfectly well how dangerous they are for me, and when I hit that second or third night of no sleep, I'll give in and take them if I have them. What happens to me with benzos or booze is I go into a blackout fairly quickly, where I'll still appear to be functioning more or less normally, but parts of my brain are just turned completely off. I'm liable to do anything--the kinds of things that people ask me later why I did them, and I have no answer. I've taken other peoples' cars joyriding, walked out onto busy highways, and worst of all, I always forget how many pills I've already taken, so I take more. It's kind of amazing that I'm still here, given the amount of Valium, Xanax, and Ativan I've taken in one of these bouts of insanity. The withdrawal with benzos is the most dangerous there is, that and booze. I went through a six-month period where I never slept longer than about ten minutes at a time. All that said, I would use them for a short-term opiate withdrawal on the one or two worst days, but in my case someone would have to hold them and dish them out to me. I don't think I'd use them for bupe withdrawal, though, because it lasts so long that I'd have a benzo addiction by the time I was off the bupe.

Given the choice, I'd rather take withdrawal over any short-acting opiate, including heroin, over methadone or Xub withdrawal, which seem to go on and on and on forever. Since insomnia becomes a huge problem for me without opiates, I have to be extremely careful with any benzo. I'll know perfectly well how dangerous they are for me, and when I hit that second or third night of no sleep, I'll give in and take them if I have them. What happens to me with benzos or booze is I go into a blackout fairly quickly, where I'll still appear to be functioning more or less normally, but parts of my brain are just turned completely off. I'm liable to do anything--the kinds of things that people ask me later why I did them, and I have no answer. I've taken other peoples' cars joyriding, walked out onto busy highways, and worst of all, I always forget how many pills I've already taken, so I take more. It's kind of amazing that I'm still here, given the amount of Valium, Xanax, and Ativan I've taken in one of these bouts of insanity. The withdrawal with benzos is the most dangerous there is, that and booze. I went through a six-month period where I never slept longer than about ten minutes at a time. All that said, I would use them for a short-term opiate withdrawal on the one or two worst days, but in my case someone would have to hold them and dish them out to me. I don't think I'd use them for bupe withdrawal, though, because it lasts so long that I'd have a benzo addiction by the time I was off the bupe.

Great post! I agree with everything you said. I've done some horrible things on benzos I've become extremely violent when drinking.