• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Quitting alcohol... Need help

Nice. Your story sounds so much like mine. I never drank in the past. Wasn't until I got off an 8 year methadone stint is when my drinking began. And got out of control fast.

How did you get off the booze? Taper? That is what I am doing. Only down to a few beers a day on the good days. Bad days I may certainly wake up and crack a beer if I have any leftover from the day prior. So I am not cured at all. I need to stop them for at least a good 6 months. Luckily by stopping methadone again, I have it under control at least partially. Was up to almost a case at times on top of a methadone dose. Shitting water and puking each morning, eating no food for sometimes days, etc. Its literally all a blur.

But yeah, how did you get off? Please share. Thanks!

Agree. It's so real.. I felt like I was inside this story while reading. Bro, you will handle it. Just be strong

Alcoholic abyss runs very deep and it is best up to the individual to figure out where from one will crawl out of it ... beyond encephalopathy left to progress into psychosis, whatever hope left is minimal to nothing.

TAPER off it, slowly and carefully. Don't quit all at once. Trust me on that.
THIS. After my 2/3 years of escalating abuse. The week it happened I had just started drinking again. Drank one day a 1/2 l 35%.

12 hours later after a sleepless night in the morning I had my first seizure. Of a serie. One was recorded on CT I was told.

Seek help and/ or taper.

... beyond encephalopathy left to progress into psychosis, whatever hope left is minimal to nothing.
Had to translate that word, encephalopathy, it means ' altered mental state or delirium'.

This is what actuallly probably happpened to me. And it was no fun, especially to the paramedics trying to help me.

Trying getting info from someone who is hallulinating 1/2 of the time.

While this happenend there were others factors that influenced the start of it. Malnutrition, dehydration and sleep depriviation. As well as very stressfull personal circumstances.

During my black out's I was a open book told them everything, or so I heard!
So take precaustion and good care of yourself sdxyln. (y)

In the context of alcoholism, Wernicke's encephalopathy is emphasised, and it does a number on one's short term memory.

In the context of alcoholism, Wernicke's encephalopathy is emphasised, and it does a number on one's short term memory.
Seems more like a more serious lasting damage, Wernicke's encephalopathy .

Then the seizure I had. But I have no recollection any time i was stressed. Total amnesia.

So be safe, don't under estamate this drug.

Confabulating confabulations and confabulations confabulating confabulations with more confabulations.

It surprises me as I had been taking a high dosed B1/ Thiamine +9000% in form of a multi B-complex with herbs and other vitamins some time.

Still I got Wernicke's encephalopathy or at least what seems like it. They gave me B1/ B-complex and vitamin C in the hospital, are they getting orthomoleculair?

You must have received IV Thiamine.

A conscious misinterpretation of reality is called lying.
They indeed iv -ed it . But for the rest you losing me. As I have no memory of moments I was actually conciously acting. But obvious was not.

I was playing with my drain and diper.

The insult was btw not a delier, a alcohol wd insult.

Apperently the circumstances were perfect and so I had my first. Malnutrition and dehydration aswell as sleep depriviation played a role. I was under to much stress and and drunk a half a liter of genever 12 hours earlier.