• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Quit Oxy. Can I Use It Once More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I've been off oxycodone -- and every other opiate -- for 23 days now. All withdrawal symptoms have subsided and I NEARLY feel 100%. However, I got some Percocets for free. My question is this: If I get high just this ONE TIME, will I go through withdrawal again? Or would that only happen if I start making it a daily routine again?

if you can control yourself, only use it once, you will be fine.
but we all know whats actually going to happen..

And after going through all to get where you are ....why you reintroduce your brain to that ? It picks right up where you left off....

There a reason dealers always hand out freebies to people coming out of rehab, or that they haven't seen in a while...like above poster said, we all know what actually happens.... Soon as the brain has that feeling again it's "game on".

Can be done without full blown withdrawal, but the odds are it won't be just the once. Only you know.

The slipperiest of slopes, I'm sure you know the risk involved.

Yeah, it shouldn't trigger withdrawals if you only have it once. As others have said, the keyword there is once. Very slippery slope, especially because you said "some Percocets".

So it's risky. If you have very good self-control, it will probably be fine, but if there's the slightest bit of doubt in your mind... Probably not risking it.

I barley use now after acouple years of any opiate and heroin and if Use even a vic 5 ill have minor withdrawals i doubt youll go into full blown withdrawal but youll feel off for acouple days

Dispose of the percocets or whatever you do, don't take any. You're just going to wind up addicted to opiates again.

A lot of people I know who got sober from opiates and other drugs thought that they could use them just once again or use them again recreationally like they used to before they became addicted, and they wound up relapsing or wound up addicted to other drugs they never had an addiction to.

Last edited:
^Indeed. Nothing more to say. We know it, you know it. Thats just how it goes 99% of the time.

It goes against the whole nature of the class of drugs to use it just once or once more. Having to worry about withdrawals and everything that comes with chipping causes more anxiety than it's worth imo. But no, you probably won't rekindle your dependence with one use.

Closed, as the question has been answered and we had like 3 threads about this very topic in the last 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.