• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Quick Suboxone Taper

556m4

Bluelighter
Has anybody ever used suboxone for a short detox, like 3-4 days from opiates like oxycodone, heroin, or any other short acting full agonist opioid ???? I'm on day 3 of being clean from about from about a 180 mg oxy habit a day that has recently spiraled out of control. My ROA was always oral and i really never get high just functional. I've maybe used 2-3 mg of suboxone the whole time, I'm bedridden but at least I can sleep has anybody ever achieved a successful and fairly painless detox using this method??? Your answers are appreciated. Tomorrow i plan on jumping off and using a combination of small doses of xanax, clonidine, tizanidine , and loperamide to control the rest of the withdrawl symptoms??? I hope I'm in the clear but I feel like the withdrawls are going to hit hard tomorrow night??? Any suggestions your input is valued Thank you for your time. I used this method in the past but it seemed harder and I was using less opiates however I was on a longer run like 18 months of about 120mg max at the end of the run. got clean from opiates for like 18 months then fucked up and relapsed. I did this all on my own I know it's dangerous but I can't be labeled an addict due to my job never went to a doctor never went to na/counseling if this dosen't work I may have to. Thank you for your time.-556m4

thats kinda how i used subs to get off heroin/oxy i didnt have a full script of subs and my friend had some extras he gave me i did a half a strip day 1 (4mg) then went to 2mg then 2 mg then skipped a day and did 2mg then skipped a day and did 1mg and then skipped 2 days and did my last 1mg and i still had to go thru sub withdrawls but its not as bad as the pills and i been off the subs for a week or so now and im startin to feel regular again but gettin sleep is my biggest problem

Bangin, so even though you only dosed Buprenorphine for 4-5 days, you still felt over a week of withdrawals? Did you feel withdrawals from H/oxy? Or were they mild bupe W/D? I was on buprenorphine for almost 2 years and I too quit last week and finally have found some relief the last few days.

Crazy that it doesn't matter; 4 days or 2 years, same withdrawal time

To the OP: I jumped at 6mg a day with no taper... It really depends on whether your quitting because of external influence (social pressure) or internal influence (guilt, worries about health) the physical W/D effects for me were considerably less than full-agonist, and because I was completely ok with quitting, the psychological symptoms were almost mute. Be very careful though, as soon as you think you're recovered from the bupe W/D, your cravings will surface 3-fold. I battled some major major cravings that I haven't felt for 2 years. It was fucking scary, so be very careful and be sure to cut off your sources. It can be done with a quick taper...

it was nothing close to as hard as opiates its was more uncomfortable and hard to sleep the 2nd day was the worst but then it got better and i actually stretched it out longer by skipping days but bupe has a long half life

Did you sleep with the initial doses of suboxone and were you able to function and do your daily activities. i haven't been able to eat anything but soup crackers and jello and am shitting my guts out. Were you functional when you took the doses of sub? Last time I used sub for a short term detox I had really bad insomnia for like 2 weeks but the physical withdrawls were over in like 5 or 6 days.

Did you sleep with the initial doses of suboxone and were you able to function and do your daily activities. i haven't been able to eat anything but soup crackers and jello and am shitting my guts out. Were you functional when you took the doses of sub? Last time I used sub for a short term detox I had really bad insomnia for like 2 weeks but the physical withdrawls were over in like 5 or 6 days.

From what I've read, plus my own experience and what BanginMy has also said - that's all that seems to manifest. The physical symptoms are relatively easy to overcome, but the insomnia is almost unbeatable without, say, chloroform. Eventually, after the 3rd or 4th day, your body will have built up so much melatonin that you will just shut down - it's a good thing. However, you'll still find it very hard to fall asleep. I haven't fallen asleep earlier than 4-5am since last Friday.

If you've been through it before, you know what to expect and it could possibly make things a lot easier. Don't freak yourself out with what you read.

I want to add, that you rarely read the success stories. It may seem like nothing but horrible experiences, but it's not.

"An unsatisfied customer tells ten people about their experience. A satisfied customer tells but one."

oh it isn't all bad. I did a three-week detox on sub from a high dose of methadone and oxy. I echo what has already been said about the insomnia. I'm nearly three weeks at total abstinence and I still can't sleep more than an hour or two unless I exercise like crazy, but I was on daily opiates for nine years and had RLS before opiates. the actual withdrawal from sub was pretty easy for me (though the transition to sub was godawful). I have had to learn to deal with the insomnia and mania that comes with abstinence.

I want to add, that you rarely read the success stories. It may seem like nothing but horrible experiences, but it's not.

"An unsatisfied customer tells ten people about their experience. A satisfied customer tells but one."

Well it's been almost 24 hours since my last dose of suboxone (.50mg maybee less) and I feel pretty good considering how I felt on days 1-3. I'm having mild withdrawl symptoms chills, dilated pupils, sneezing, etc I hope I made it out of the woods. My blood pressure is good and I don't feel like total shit, even went to work for a little while this afternoon. I'm pretty lethargic but pretty much everything is going better than expected thanks to everybody who replied to this thread. I don't understand why this time around was so much easier to kick than last time, which was horrible, now to the challenging part the horrible insomnia. thanks again everybody your posts are much appreciated.

The only real withdrawals I ever feel from suboxone are extremely restless arms, it is very hard to sleep because I feel the need to twitch my arms every couple seconds. I have not weaned quickly for this reason and have been on bupe for 2 years this month, however I started at 16mg and am taking only 1mg a day, which as my doctor puts it is "basically homepathic"

I'm currently on day 4 of a quick subutex taper from what I would describe as a relatively low to moderate smoked heroin habit. I've just been taking enough to keep the withdrawals at bay and it's been pretty good so far. Took about 2mg first day, 1.5mg the second, 0.5mg third and nothing so far today. This is all insufflated/snorted. It's only morning so I'm thinking I'll take 0.5mg sublingual later this evening (which most people seem to equate to about 0.25mg insufflated) because it's at night when I feel it worst. I also take 100mg diphenhydramine to sleep at night - something I'll stop when off the subutex.

It really seems like the key is taking only just enough to make u comfortable. Sometimes it takes an hour for me to feel it start working, even when insufflated, so don't take too much too soon. Second, if it's heroin you're coming off, don't be afraid to raise the dose on the second day because this is when the withdrawals get worse. Just make sure you reduce it steadily and quickly after that. From what I've experienced and read I think u want to be off the subutex/bupe within a week and ideally about 5 days.

I'll update in a week or so when hopefully I should be able to say what the jump to zero is like.

Good luck everyone,

Needing some help and encouragement jumping off subs inducted 10 days ago at 16 next day down to 4 got myself down to two two one one and then the last 3 days went back to 4 milligrams pretty terrified of w/d and not sure how to do this taper... but know I'm just making it worse the longer I take these things any advice would be a big help thanks and good luck to everyone who's trying!

Have you considered the 12 day or 21 day Suboxone tapers? You can google the correct induction and information on dosages to reduce each day.
I was on Suboxone for 3 months, started at 6mg a day, ending at .25... I barely felt a thing. The 3mg to 2mg taper I felt, mainly because I cut from dosing twice a day to once... And of course coming completely off gave me mild RLS and insomnia.. but no where near cold turkey from hard opiates.

Thanks...Well im on day 3 of total abstinence and I honestly don't feel bad at all I've slept like a log every night some stomach cramping however I am taking Gabapentin kpins and clonidine so I don't know if im gettn lucky with meds helping or if the worst is yet to come...coming off dope and using same meds i felt everything for at least 10 days but hoping im out of the woods this time? mayb too soon as im seeing posts about delayed w/d which scares me but wtf i have no choice not turning back! Will tiny pcs of sub set me back should i get sick? Thanks again!

Im looking for more help in my area of recovery. I have already detoxed myself from Suboxone since I was on it for over a year and went through withdrawals for about 2 months. The cravings got so harsh and then I went backwards to H again. I've been doing it straight for the last 3-4 weeks. I only have about 2 8mg subs left. UGH! I wanted to know if anyone had any info or insight. Im wondering if I will still be sick if I use the Suboxone by taking literally less than a quarter strip for 3 days from the 8mg.....? I figure if I just take enough to feel somewhat ok and still mild withdrawals Ill be able to get through day 1 & 2 and maybe by the 2nd 1/2 day I can cold turkey through the pain and hoping to be fine and able to get back to work by Monday. Its Friday and its already been 24 hrs since my last dose.

please help8(

theres a guy that posted on here about taking 4mg for 3 days then nothing said it was a cakewalk..i did it once and it did work w/d were manageable but did it...till i felt good and returned to H just one time...its been another year of trying to stop the insanity...thot I was out of the woods with that 10 day taper its 8 days since i stopped everything felt good till yesterday when some symptoms crept in i.e, restless legs insomnia last night and today i am so cold and w/d i have more sub left but tryn to do this once and for all...in hindsight i wish i did a 5 day or less taper with the very minimum to feel just...ugh ok. So thats that's my suggestion what u said sounds smart, it helps u avoid too much of a habit on the subs and w/d should b manageable from there. this disease is a so horrible, been in the struggle after 10 years clean for a year now...? HOWEVER there is a way out and we're doin it rite?! Hang tough ??