• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Quick question about suboxone and drug testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

asouthern

Bluelighter
i was recently prescribed suboxone and have my first followup visit on tuesday. my question is will a drug test (obviously there are different types of drug tests but maybe there are tests that are typically used for suboxone patients) differentiate between suboxone and other opiates? my appointment is on tuesday and i am concerned that he will know i have not been taking the subs as prescribed and i will not be seen anymore.

please keep the lectures about how i shouldn't be going through with a suboxone maintenance program if i am not ready to quit opiates to yourself. i am able to use my insurance at this doctor and my insurance also covers my medication (so $85 total for visit and sixty 8mg tabs) so it is certainly worth trying for as far as i'm concerned.

i do not take any other drugs so my urine will be clean. i just need to know if the doctor can differentiate between various opiates and also if he can gauge the amount of bupe in my system. thank you for your help.

Yes. They wouldn't be able to prescribe you Buprenorphine if it wasn't distinguishable from other, recreationally-used Opiates/Opioids.
I'm assuming you've been taking more than you're supposed to? They can't usually test for how much you've been taking without using a more "refined" testing method. And I doubt they'll do this - they'll just check you've not been using anything else.

If you need your dose upped then tell your Dr. this and they should do it gladly.

Status
Not open for further replies.