• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Heroin Quick Q: Can heroin be taken sublingually?

F.U.B.A.R.

Sr. Moderator: BDD, OD, EADD, LAVA
Staff member
It depends upon the type of heroin you have and how pure it is. Decent #4 (being a water soluble salt) would likely be much more effective than #3. Also very difficult to judge your dose using this ROA...

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
Yeah, but why would you. If you dont shoot it, snort it, or my personal favorite as a teen, rectal administration

tarman

Bluelighter
Salivation can kinda fuck it up. It goes overboard and then you're like swishing it around.

sudo1

Greenlighter
I can tolerate all that. It's mostly tar out here. So I assume if done correctly bioavailability would fall between ingestion and insufflation? Or maybe even insufflation and smoking? Will try it out and report back...

G_Chem

Bluelighter
Yup BA is basically an inbetween of snorted and oral. There’s more getting straight to the blood stream than oral, but obviously not as much as snorted.

The closer you get to oral administration, the more heroin becomes essentially morphine with a higher BA. It loses that effect that makes the esters like heroin so damn good.

-GC

LivingOnValium

Bluelighter
Yup BA is basically an inbetween of snorted and oral. There’s more getting straight to the blood stream than oral, but obviously not as much as snorted.

The closer you get to oral administration, the more heroin becomes essentially morphine with a higher BA. It loses that effect that makes the esters like heroin so damn good.

-GC
Yes. The difference between morphine and heroin is that how much more fast and efficient heroin is at penetrating the blood brain barrier. That's why you want the heroin in your bloodstream all at once and as quickly as possible. That's why most people inject or smoke it.

G_Chem

Bluelighter
It’s more than simply a higher BA..

Diacetylmorphine metabolizes to 6-monoacetylmorphine then morphine. 6-MAM hits on a mu receptor subtype, talked about here.

“There is also evidence that 6-MAM binds to a subtype of μ-opioid receptors that are also activated by the morphine metabolite morphine-6β-glucuronide but not morphine itself. The third subtype of third opioid type is the mu-3 receptor, which may be a commonality to other six-position monoesters of morphine. The contribution of these receptors to the overall pharmacology of heroin remains unknown.”

I’ve had a lot of morphine and heroin over the years, and even IV they are different drugs.

-GC