• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health quetiapine switch

Hezman94

Bluelighter
i got a horrible withdrawal from quetiapine but itsnot making me better mentalyif anything I DONT DO ANYTHING and im stilll depressed its stopped working, i still get quasi psychosis and i got bpd and mild bipolar and possibly adhd.
abilify no chance i couldn sleep felt ill and very restless.
risperidone im not sure if switching from morphine to oxy at same time fucked me up id POSSIBLY be willing to try risperidone again.
Olanzapine was ok but I felt like a mong and brain dead at higher doses

i GET BAD akathisia and restlessness I take ropinirole are those all the atypicals the nhs prescribe
would amisulpride help?

i really dont want to take a typical one. im on 200mg quetiapine

can anyone advise me on what atypials are available on nhs except olanzapine quetiapine and abilify, i considering risperidone or amisulpride bt not spoke dr yet i want one whats not gonna mong me out nmake me ded restless which abilify does.

Hey Hezman94,

I think you've made a similar thread before, and Clozapine was said to be a pretty good substitute. Have you talked to your doctor about this one?

I was diagnosed with MDD and then they changed diagnoses to BP II and prescribed Olanzipine and Quentiapine just like you. I get depressed almost daily but a lot I figured is me coming down from dosing opiods and weed can trigger my psychosis just as the Psychiatrists had said. I’m gonna try to tapper down/off opiods. I’m in the same boat as you. I could use the same help and advice as you I believe.

Last edited:
i got a horrible withdrawal from quetiapine but itsnot making me better mentalyif anything I DONT DO ANYTHING and im stilll depressed its stopped working, i still get quasi psychosis and i got bpd and mild bipolar and possibly adhd.
risperidone im not sure if switching from morphine to oxy at same time fucked me up id POSSIBLY be willing to try risperidone again.

i GET BAD akathisia and restlessness I take ropinirole are those all the atypicals the nhs prescribe
would amisulpride help?

*** Mod edit - please do not advise anyone to start or stop a medication*** sndri works on the three major neurotransmitter serotonin dooamine and norepinephrine while Wellbutrin works on norepinephrine and dopamine

Last edited by a moderator:
He edited the s on sndri after his edit

Shoot.. Thanks, edited. :)

Mod::::Can I suggest they ask there doctor for a specific medication or no

You can suggest the talk to a doctor, and explain how specific medication worked for you. Just can't explicitly recommend starting or stopping legal or illegal remedies.

So no, you can't, but feel free to explain if something worked for you.

Peace and <3 to all. Thank you for asking.

would amisulpride help?

quetiapine acts by blocking the dopamine in the from from working which is why its used in conditions where someone may have too much or is somtimes prescribed to alleviate issues concerning Insomnia, but let me tell you my experience with Seroquel aka quints, i'm not prescribed them but have taken them a couple times, 200mg's aswell, to put it lightly, they entirely fucked me up, somtimes for a day or two after taking one to knock myself out

they may be particularly useful in very stressful situations to sedate you and perhaps just help to relax and drift into a form of rest, but to me, this drug is a fucking demon and thats just how i feel towards it, i have 400mg of the stuff sitting on my drug tray in the livingroom but i've had them there for well over a year or two and haven't touched them because i much prefer the effects of a benzodiazepine in comparison for my needs and benzos have much less of a disrupting effect on general brain function than seroquel does, you are certainly going to experience withdrawal symptoms though if you abruptly cease taking it after using the drug for some time, i'm not familiarized with the particulars in this situation but i wanted to share my experience to maybe just give you some more of a perspective.

Dopamine is the pleasure chemical, it is also the chemical that gives us the energy we need, and i know seroquel can build up in the body, so blocking this chemical is what will cause someone to sleep/sedation and very possibly depression from taking it please take care and stay safe ~Zonxx

Why did you stop the quietpine?
It’s usually pretty helpful for the issues you’re having

I’d ask your doc about seroquil, be a good next step up and not too harsh.

Follow the prescription EXACTLY though, I’ve seen too much of that stuff drop 150 kilo men 😂😂😂

but everyone reacts differently and should obviously follow up with their physician when using these antipsychotics especially if experiencing anything in the form of negative effects

Quetiapine, sold under the trade name Seroquel among others, is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder.
Oh so they’re the same thing?!!
I never knew this, thank you
My doc gave me a low dose of quietipine for anxiety some time ago, I found it worked to begin with then stopped.

A mate was handing out huge horse size pills of seroquil last year, I didn’t try it but one bloke couldn’t move for 6 hours after using it.

I had no idea they’re the same damned thing lol

My doc said I could take low dose of Quentiapine/ Serequoel (sp) for my anxiety in fear of prescribing and addiction to benzodiazepines but I told them I was worried about being put to sleep. Doctor ignored me and I felt sleepy during the day; hard to function. I took it for headache for its other off-label uses recently and it helped with that but again made me sleepy even in low doeses.