• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Questions regarding avoiding precipitated withdrawal

washed

Greenlighter
Having experienced precipitated withdrawal before, I'm adamant about avoiding it this time.

I have been using heroin (containing fentanyl/traces of fentanyl based on the test strips I've used + god knows what else, as I'm buying off the street) for a couple of months (at least four bags a day). From my research, I should wait until I'm in moderate withdrawal + have a score of at least 6 on the COW scale before taking suboxone. What I'm wondering is, is there a set amount of time I should wait before dosing no matter what? For example, if I'm in moderate withdrawal after 12 hours of the last time I used, should I still wait until it's been at least 24 hours? Are there other general tips for starting suboxone to avoid precipitated withdrawal, such as starting with a small amount and only increasing if I don't feel worse after taking it?

Open to any & all advice as I continue to research on my own. Any input is appreciated.

You probably want to wait 24 hours minimum or even taper down first. I have also heard of a new technique where you are slowly switched over so for example you would take like 3 bags of heroin and 0.1mg of suboxone daily for like 2 weeks, then .2mg of suboxone and 2.5 bags a couple weeks, then .3mg suboxone and 2.25 bags or something like that until you are eventually on just the suboxone, you gotta do it slowly though otherwise precips

Hi @washed , welcome back. Good luck with the switch from Street drugs to a MAT :)! It looks like a first step to Safe clean time:)! I have never done a sub, so no help here. I have a Norco problem 40mgs and do not want to get a new problem, I need to grow a pair and just CT :LOL:!! But since I have a reliable source, and affordable, and pain, I have not!! So I life in the hamster wheel of daily withdrawals ( I will not increase my amount or opiate strength, as tolerance has grown) what a fucking shitty place I am in as I write that :cautious: