• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Cocaine Questions for IV cocaine users

ComradeSnarky

Greenlighter
SWIM is desperate to chat with someone who has experience with IV cocaine use. She's been using cocaine nasally with her partner for about 10 months (which was her first personal experience with cocaine in general), and she discovered about 5 months ago that her partner was hiding IV use from her and confronted him about it. She's not naive to IV drug use, but has no personal first-hand experience, and a million questions she isn't comfortable asking the people in her life. Questions range from what average vs heavy IV dosage entails, where and why the hiding and secrecy stems from, as well as more deeply personal aspects. She feels like she is going crazy trying to cope with this alone, and is basically in a constant state of panic attack. She feels like any insight, or just conversation, with someone who has first-hand experience would help relieve her constant anxiety.

nznity

Bluelighter
SWIM is desperate to chat with someone who has experience with IV cocaine use. She's been using cocaine nasally with her partner for about 10 months (which was her first personal experience with cocaine in general), and she discovered about 5 months ago that her partner was hiding IV use from her and confronted him about it. She's not naive to IV drug use, but has no personal first-hand experience, and a million questions she isn't comfortable asking the people in her life. Questions range from what average vs heavy IV dosage entails, where and why the hiding and secrecy stems from, as well as more deeply personal aspects. She feels like she is going crazy trying to cope with this alone, and is basically in a constant state of panic attack. She feels like any insight, or just conversation, with someone who has first-hand experience would help relieve her constant anxiety.
hey, well i have extensive experience with IV coke use. To begin with nasal vs smoking vs IV they all feel different almost as if thry were diff drugs. well if u compare inhaling to IV Is like comparing someone running to a JET going full Speed or someone sky diving. I'm gonna try to explain as detailed how it feels to IV coke. First u prepare the shot AND shit bla bla. When u get that shit into ur bloodstream, after less than 10 seconds u go deaf, u can speak AND not hear urself. Then u stsrt tasting the coke in the back of ur mouth, almost as if u had swallowed a bag of coke. When u do too much there's something ppl call the Metallic train, it's what most IV coke users are aiming for. There's a very thin line with this effect AND an overdose. Anyway when u go deaf like i said if u do enough u hear this Metallic distorted sound like a swoosh ur heart feels like it's gonna beat out of ur chest, the paranoia sets in. It's pure bliss, orgásmic AND scary as fuck at the same time. I've had countless seizures from doing coke this way, burned out veins AND arritmia Now. So to sum it up it's not worth doing this shit, it's very hard on ur vascular system but well I'm nobody to Tell u or ur bf what to do ur grown UPS. Just Let me Tell u one last thing IV coke is the Pandora box, something that should never be open. I'm lucky to he alive AND I'm only 25. Well hope this helped u, cheers. nzn

Burnt Offerings

Bluelighter
IV cain sucks, unless you desire a life as the human pincushion lol. You're better off just smoking a fat rock, it's a similar effect/duration without the invasive ROA

Nagelfar

Bluelighter
IV cocaine is that honeymoon dragon chase that I'll never forget, so I tend to romanticize it. I've never heard of anyone maintaining it for any length though, people tend to die or move on moreso than even heroin users.

ComradeSnarky

Greenlighter
Appreciate the replies. Really. Thank you all. SWIM is a former fully functional opiate addict, used extremely heavily, daily, for about 3 1/2 years and just quit last year after meeting this guy and him helping her kick it, at the lowest emotional place she had ever been in life. (Hasn't touched an opiate in 10 months, and couldn't be happier. 😁) Shes no stranger to the euphoria/serotonin rush that draws you, and the fixation that keeps you there. But IV use of anything is something SWIM has no interest in trying, even tho her partner has expressed that using together is part of the appeal. Which ties into the more personal questions she has, because it has a sexual/fetish attraction to him. And she has even indulged some of those desires for him, but constantly expressed that she cannot live in that lifestyle, in any way. She has experience as a kid with her dad iving meth, many childhood friends who she considers family getting into iv use, and her personal experience with losing herself to a drug and having to face full surrender to personal weakness to get out of a dark place. But she feels lost in this and like shes losing it, and him. Would greatly appreciate some one on one with someone who can hear it out without judgment, and just acceptance.

ComradeSnarky

Greenlighter
IV cocaine is that honeymoon dragon chase that I'll never forget, so I tend to romanticize it. I've never heard of anyone maintaining it for any length though, people tend to die or move on moreso than even heroin users.
Whats "any length" tho? She doesn't have enough experience to have a frame of reference of how bad this is... Shes not stupid, she sees the frequency and dosage but just doesn't know exactly how far he is...

nznity

Bluelighter
Man, just writing that post for her Made me crave the shit for like 5 secs, i felt the hairs on my arma standin just to imagine that Rush. Awful shit, thank god I've Been clean for quite a while AND aunt going back that route nemore.

Nagelfar

Bluelighter
Whats "any length" tho? She doesn't have enough experience to have a frame of reference of how bad this is... Shes not stupid, she sees the frequency and dosage but just doesn't know exactly how far he is...
I once read that a habitual IV cocaine user has an average life expectancy of two years. Don't know about that statistic, but I doubt there is anyone around who will refute it for certain.

burn out

Bluelighter
I don't know any habitual IV cocaine users but I've known some crackheads that were around long time. One of them was in his 50s and had been smoking crack for 30 years but lack of money would keep him from smoking a lot. He'd get money, spend it all on crack and then be sober for a week cause he had no money.

Anyway, as a former crack smoker neither crack or IV cocaine is very sustainable. I recommend trying to get him to switch to chewing coca leaves (you can order them online). It will be a big change at first but when you realize you can still get high but without the stigma that comes with street drugs it suddenly gets a lot easier. With the leaves you won't have to worry about:

1) Dying
2) Having to go to the hospital with a stroke or heart attack
3) Jail
4) Losing all your money (how is he funding this?)
5) Way easier come down

All those benefits and you can still get a good buzz from the leaves.

Last edited:

Ignio

Bluelighter
IV cocaine was the one thing that made me "relapse" to IV drug use several times and I have taken opioids/opiates, ketamine, diazepam and so much more IV. IV cocaine caught me instantly and it took years for me to be able to take cocaine nasally without ending up shooting it.

Also, it is always dangerous to shoot street drugs compared to medical-grade drugs as you don't know the strength and what is really in it.

Atelier3

Bluelighter
I once read that a habitual IV cocaine user has an average life expectancy of two years. Don't know about that statistic, but I doubt there is anyone around who will refute it for certain.
I habitually used it for 6 months once. I don’t think it was killing me that quick but it took its toll that’s for sure.

Atelier3

Bluelighter
I think the replies here pretty much cover everything you need to know about IV cocaine use but if you have more questions I might be able to answer them.

There is no average vs heavy IV dose - it all depends on the deal you get. I would start with a point to see what it was like and hope that was enough to get the effect that @nznity BEAUTIFULLY described. The problem is if you don’t get it you feel compelled to keep shooting up every 15-20 minutes pretty much until your bag is gone even though you only get that first chance at a bell ringer.

The problem with shooting up every 15 minutes is vasoconstriction from the first shot makes it next to impossible to get a vein and register so you keep digging away hopping against hope to get one. This leads to many missed shots and coke it a bitch for causing abscesses of which I had more than one. However treated quickly with antibiotics they are not the end of the world.

Coke fiending is also very selfish - it’s so all consuming and you are so focussed on the next shot that you don’t have any bandwidth for anyone else. It’s definitely not the kind of drug approach you’d choose if you were trying to have a relationship with someone at the same time.

It’s also very expensive when you can go through several grams in a day when binging.

My solid advice: keep clear of IV coke (I switched to meth which I think was a health and safety improvement on IV coke in every way which should tell you something.

nznity

Bluelighter
Appreciate the replies. Really. Thank you all. SWIM is a former fully functional opiate addict, used extremely heavily, daily, for about 3 1/2 years and just quit last year after meeting this guy and him helping her kick it, at the lowest emotional place she had ever been in life. (Hasn't touched an opiate in 10 months, and couldn't be happier. 😁) Shes no stranger to the euphoria/serotonin rush that draws you, and the fixation that keeps you there. But IV use of anything is something SWIM has no interest in trying, even tho her partner has expressed that using together is part of the appeal. Which ties into the more personal questions she has, because it has a sexual/fetish attraction to him. And she has even indulged some of those desires for him, but constantly expressed that she cannot live in that lifestyle, in any way. She has experience as a kid with her dad iving meth, many childhood friends who she considers family getting into iv use, and her personal experience with losing herself to a drug and having to face full surrender to personal weakness to get out of a dark place. But she feels lost in this and like shes losing it, and him. Would greatly appreciate some one on one with someone who can hear it out without judgment, and just acceptance.
I get what ur Partner Is thinking with bout iV using with u. Trust me that Is not fucking gonna end well. I showed the needle to my firstgf AND She ended up in rehab, never knew bout her anymore. The fucking love of my life, i did the same but no Cocaine this Time i thought only opiates. Look at me Now, 2 years AND still grieving. Please dont