• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

⫸STICKY⫷ Questions for Bluelight's New Members!

Hopefully the ginger helps pirate cat lyfe is ruff :’) I actually appreciate the preachiness, I’m very open to listen to people and value honest/information. I feel bad putting my family on the spot but then again I am alas just a cat at sea, but I would go as far to say all my older family members I grew up around were addicts to things such as heroin, meth, bathsalts, alcohol, pills and the works. No shame to them or anything but I can’t say it didn’t help growing up and seeing more overdoses than I can count and blugh I’m going in too deep on my past. Basically, I’m very confident with my boundaries especially since it really shaped who I am today :) I know a lot of people say that and stuff and I can’t tell the future but my will power is strong and with meth, heroine, and other opioids I know willpower may only pay so much if I even try it so I just don’t have any want or urge. Curiosity, maybe but there’s a saying “curiosity killed the cat” and I’ve seen people say they can use meth to get things done and so forth but it’s just not worth the risk to me. I’m very very lucky my parents have recovered but I still remember things. I think the right word instead of confidence in that phrasing would be I just have a hatred of those drugs and while I love people in my life who still use them, I hate the drug itself. Coke I’m more okay with because I’m pretty broke and I have people in my life who I’ve discussed it with and my coworkers know too it’s just a once and a while thing they do it every now and again when they hang out. Another good thing about that is, I don’t have access to her person and she wouldn’t give it to me lol. I probably sound very defensive, I’m not trying to be I just don’t want to give the impression that I’m going to follow my moms path. I guess I get a bit defensive lol but not in a “:mad:“ way I don’t know how to word it but I think you understand what I mean. Bluelight actually made me really understand the seriousness of research, I found out taking lots of cold medicine increases your risk of a stroke and I found out the way I mixed it with adderall is actually pretty dangerous or I think I remember seeing that here. But I reassure that I will and definitely research a lot now :) I really appreciate the forewarning, advice, and wisdom. Also yeah I quit smoking cigarettes for two years after smoking since 12 and I would say the time I tried to quit drinking redbull was possibly the worst week of my life. I reduced my intake though I used to drink two 5 hours with them. I plan on cutting back more once I can figure out where to buy faygo again, they took it out of the store I work at :mad:.

and sadly no but probably for the best I don’t know how I’d explain that to my grandmother if she found it lol

Thank you!! -Seasick Cat B)
Ahoy! Your response inspired much confidence in me for you. Venture on but don’t forget to share your I’ll gotten spoils with us peg legs when your done raiding! I want stories!

1. I joined in 2009/2010(?). My old account was active intermittently until 2015. I met a few other members back then, two are not here anymore. I distanced myself in relation to that. My old account info is gone along with a decent percentage of my braincells. I browse, and wanted to be more active again.
2. I have no idea.
3. I had tried a wide variety, I mixed and matched, began daily heroin use around the time I joined. I dont have much experience with research chemicals.
4. Snorting, smoking, shooting, and oral.

I decided to make a new account/into post because I have been more invested in harm reduction than active use over the last year. Bluelight played a major role in keeping me safe and informed when I was dependent/using.

Hey everyone - welcome to Bluelight!

Sit down, get comfy and stay a while.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?

If you have any questions for US, please let a moderator know!

Thank you for taking the time to help out our community, and see you around :)

Hi my name is josh,
and because you asked so nicely.

1. I have been a fairly infrequent lurker, dropping in when I feel I need confirmation on something I am researching. I started back about two moths ago but I might have used this site 6-7 times since then.
2. I found out abt this website Due to a web series on YouTube.
3. I have (admittedly shallow) experience with a fairly diverse range of drugs, all of which I had come into contact with, of my own accord. I Have dabbled with opioids, benzos, weed, K, Whippets, Diethyl ether, eaten morning glory seeds cigarettes' and alcohol the latter two i have the most experience with.
4. I had Snorted K, Smoked weed, Huffed ether, Ballooned NO, drank poppy tea, taken pills and bombed crushed Morning glory seeds, all before going on bluelight.

Hey F UK New

1.How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?

YEARS, I found bluelight I'd say easily a decade ago.. used for awhile browsing only. Then a friend reminded me of here afew weeks ago, I signed up within afew days. If there's any time I need guidance, friendship, like minded people - It's Now.

2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?

Originally I'm sure it was when I used to hang on the darkweb... Erowid site too 10+ years ago. This time, word of mouth reminder.

3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?

I was very innocent then compared to now! Got my own dealer on MSN at 14 so I'd had speed/extacy/weed/alcohol.. then mushrooms/cocaine at 15
since then most of what you've listed

4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?

Drink, Snort, Swallow, Smoked... when I was on this late teens.
Now booty bump just learned, hope to never inject although I can't help but want the feeling

Reactions: Ds
Howdy, finally joining after probably a year of coming here every once in a while, I found this site from a google search trying to find a site better than <another major drug forum> mostly because the atmosphere over there was very hierarchical. I'm not much for power structures when they preclude the ability to form strong communities. I look back on the time before I discovered Bluelight, at one point or another my blood stream had contained weed, cocaine, xanax, concerta, adderall, nicotine, mushrooms, LSD, salvia, ectasy, molly, crack. I mean my blood might contain all those now but they did back then too. bah boom ting. Alcohol too I guess but I have never developed much of an interest in drinking, just not my thing. I have take drugs orally, smoked them, snorted them but have never taken them IV.

A good time to specify, no judgement. Not on ROA, not on lifestyle choices, not on music tastes or political affiliation. I believe in radical honesty, limitless personal freedom, responsible use and that waffles are superior to pancakes. Glad to be here, looking forward to "meeting" y'all.

Howdy, finally joining after probably a year of coming here every once in a while, I found this site from a google search trying to find a site better than <another major drug forum> mostly because the atmosphere over there was very hierarchical. I'm not much for power structures when they preclude the ability to form strong communities. I look back on the time before I discovered Bluelight, at one point or another my blood stream had contained weed, cocaine, xanax, concerta, adderall, nicotine, mushrooms, LSD, salvia, ectasy, molly, crack. I mean my blood might contain all those now but they did back then too. bah boom ting. Alcohol too I guess but I have never developed much of an interest in drinking, just not my thing. I have take drugs orally, smoked them, snorted them but have never taken them IV.

A good time to specify, no judgement. Not on ROA, not on lifestyle choices, not on music tastes or political affiliation. I believe in radical honesty, limitless personal freedom, responsible use and that waffles are superior to pancakes. Glad to be here, looking forward to "meeting" y'all.

Welcome!

I prefer pancakes :(
Soogoood!

Fair enough, but waffles are pancakes with abs. :) Most of my dislike is the strong anxiety they produce when I cook them. Are they doughy in the middle? The thought plagues me because...yuck.

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years? About 5-6 years sporadically
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way? I think i googled a particular drug or asked a question about one and a link for a thread on bluelight popped up
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet? Alcohol, weed, heroin, cocaine, crack, MDMA, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, tramadol, tianeptine, xanax, klonopin, ativan, valium, DXM, phenibut, kratom, methadone, adderall, suboxone, mushrooms, LSD, phenobarbital, soma. Never tried ketamine or crystal meth.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs? Tried them all - orally, snorting, injecting. Well i’ve never plugged anything. Never IM’d anything on my own, had it done in a hospital.

Edited to add - I've never tried any of the RC's or any hallucinogens other than LSD and mushrooms. Even with the acid, I took micro doses a couple times so I never really took that either, technically. So many chemicals on Bluelight I've never heard of. Also, I've never done PCP or anything similar. I don't know if I like disassociatives since I've never done them. On paper, I don't think so, but ya never know

Last edited:
Hey, my interface just changed to black, like my background for reading posts on blue-light. It used to be blue. Is there a way to change it back?
It has been temporarily changed in memory of one BL’s most well known members, captain heroin, passing. Think of it as our flag at half mast.

You can click on your name on the top bar and then preferences to change the display settings

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?

Hey guys, Sundazed here. Long time lurker (2012ish?), first time member! You guys have saved my ass more than once or twice when doing research so I figured I’d (finally) hop on in and join the fun!

1. Like I said earlier, I’ve been lurking since around 2012.
2. I actually came across Bluelight whenever I was doing research on the side effects of prescription amphetamines (Ritalin, Vyvanse, etc..)
3. Before using Bluelight, I had only smoked weed a couple times. Granted, Bluelight didn’t really encourage me to try new things it did assist in researching dosing and such for when I was trying new things.
4. Before Bluelight I had only smoked, although I did attempt to snort adderall once with no real success.

Thanks for the amazing info throughout the years and I look forward to being more active and getting to know some new people!

Months or maybe a year since I first stumbled upon the site

Web search, Google suggested it

Been using drugs since a young age tried most of the common ones
Weed, crack, cocaine, mushrooms, acid, couple benzos not a fan of pills or opiates was an alcoholic at 16 due to truama, ecstacy killed my stomach (and bleach) and my favourite is methamphetamine
I think that's all

Oral, insufflation, smoking, booty bumps, injecting is my roa but not going so well

Hey guys, Sundazed here. Long time lurker (2012ish?), first time member! You guys have saved my ass more than once or twice when doing research so I figured I’d (finally) hop on in and join the fun!

1. Like I said earlier, I’ve been lurking since around 2012.
2. I actually came across Bluelight whenever I was doing research on the side effects of prescription amphetamines (Ritalin, Vyvanse, etc..)
3. Before using Bluelight, I had only smoked weed a couple times. Granted, Bluelight didn’t really encourage me to try new things it did assist in researching dosing and such for when I was trying new things.
4. Before Bluelight I had only smoked, although I did attempt to snort adderall once with no real success.

Thanks for the amazing info throughout the years and I look forward to being more active and getting to know some new people!

Months or maybe a year since I first stumbled upon the site

Web search, Google suggested it

Been using drugs since a young age tried most of the common ones
Weed, crack, cocaine, mushrooms, acid, couple benzos not a fan of pills or opiates was an alcoholic at 16 due to truama, ecstacy killed my stomach (and bleach) and my favourite is methamphetamine
I think that's all

Oral, insufflation, smoking, booty bumps, injecting is my roa but not going so well

Hey @sundazed & @Bumblebear

Glad you both joined our amazing family. Would like to personally welcome the both of you to the forums. I am pleased to hear that you found us via Google @Bumblebear because for some reason Google doesn't seem to like us very much :(

You are both some-what familiar with the site though right? it does make the transition into becoming an 'official' Bluelighter much easier.

Hopefully you both will stick around and be able to provide us with some experience, strength and hope related to your own personal adventures with substances & life.
:)

1. I can't remember exactly how long, but not very. I basically made an account and lurked for a few years, contributing little bits here and there. Yeah, 2011 I believe that's when I first started getting into MXE, Bluelight was one of the best (and most hilarious) places for MXE discourse and stoned profundity. Back shortly after high school, I was 18 or 19 when I joined.

2. Surfing the interwebs no doubt, believe I discovered erowid first, then the shroomery, and then I eventually came to the realization that Bluelight had information that just isn't possible on those other sites. And a good, helpful, but crazy as fuck community that is unrivaled.

3 + 4. By the time I got onto Bluelight I had messed with most of the major food groups, besides dissociatives, I was a heavy drinker and benzo user, and just started getting turned on to things like 2ci and MDPV. I fell in love with MXE before ketamine so I hold a fonder memory of it. I didn't do smack and I didn't start injecting until I was 21. This was when I started primarily either smoking or injecting most of my drugs. But once I started IV, it was off to the races. Coke, a-php, 25i-nbome, Methylone, MDMA, 4acodmt, 3meopcp,.... Pretty much you named it and I started slamming it. And I was just dreadful at the process. I'm naturally kinda shaky and the long nights I put myself through were incredibly damaging. I fucked up most of my left arm during this time. And now anytime I inject, even if I only miss slightly on the whole other side of my body, it's like that pain finds a way to sizzle up through the dead veins in my left arm. It was really only through Bluelight that I managed to not outright kill myself with bad technique.

I was a late bloomer to meth too, I didn't start doing that heavily when I was age 25. And that was certainly revelatory. It's been a fucking trip since that's for sure. Psychedelics will always be my main love but I'd be lying if I said wasn't addicted to stimulants.

Hey everyone - welcome to Bluelight!

Here we go...

1.I think I started using BL for harm reduction without signing up around the time I started IV use, so roughly 6 years ago, but I didn’t join immediately just read threads. I’ve probably been a member intermittently now for 3 or 4 years.

2. I found a reference to BL on the site drug_forum I think.

3. By the time I joined, I’d tried most things with the exception of hallucinogens, which I still don’t really use.

4. I was an idiot and skipped all other routes for the evil needle.

Hello! I’m glad to be here 😁

Several years

Word of mouth, from a patient

Codeine, Kratom, NO2, alcohol, cannabis. Ketamine on one occasion, MKat when it was available legally

PO, snorting

I found the link to bluelight on a reddit thread about Lyrica.

I have been on a combination of most psych drugs except Lithium.

I have had 6 rounds of ECT treatments and my short term memory sucks and despte being educated, I can not spell.
My favorite med was Adderall. I was prescribed 30mg x 3 a day for over 5 years.

I am prescribed Concerta for my ADD and it works okay. I also take Wake Alert.

1) I found BL when was learning IV drug use for safety reasons in 2009.
2) At 16urs old weed was my fav. Later, Dr prescribed Codeine and used that periodically for cough, other physical illnesses. Occasionally used coke,smoked crack. But never tried meth. I liked benzodiazepines and opioids Then had back and nerve release surgery I stepped right up to MS Cotin and oxycodone. ( allergic reaction to OxyContin) IV drug used began 2009 and quit in 2014. Now snorting oxy and morphine (take off coating).
3) That a lot of years under my belt. I’m on low doses prescription meds due to gov involvement in our medical doctor business. So buying a few from friends the have prescriptions. Buying on street to risky with fentanyl. So I began looking to BL again safety reasons. Thank you BL.
(Im 60+ safety is first)

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years? Years man, I've been using the posts here since I was around 20, which I think It was 2014?

Tbh I was just then getting into smoking weed and trying Coke, Dom, lsd, shrooms, dxms etc and was searching to learn more about the drugs thru others experiences. It helps me more than anyone knows
I was only on weed and I used blue light for harm prevention and to be safe. I guess I'm a basic 'Christian' white boy and don't look like a user/ like to make sure I'm safe so I never end up in a jail cell.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that?
None! Now I've done it all except injecting

I had browsed BL just a couple of times way before I ever joined but when I decided to, I became a member that day. I was already aware it existed when I joined. Think I first heard about it way back in early 2000s sometime, maybe through some article on drugs but honestly don't remember. I don't think I've tried any new drugs since joining but I joined exactly because that's what I was doing. Something new. I was fucking around with some RCs and didn't know the doses or best ROAs for ethylphenidate and to a lesser extent MXE. I had already tried heroin and meth but I couldn't really find meth up north and didn't IV the dope or do it daily. Now, I'm a goddamn junkie. I always IVd it, since at least 2 weeks into my decision to throw my life away but now I struggle with it since I lost my arm and gotta get someone to hit me or just sniff it. But I just asked this bitch to show me the best spots in my legs so I can try again to do on my own like a real retard.

Hello, I'm new here and don't know how to navigate the site. Anyway, I'm from Birmingham, Alabama and could use some support. I am having problems with benzos and would like to talk with someone.I don't have much support. My wife is vey sick and so am I. I hope I'm posting in the right place. Could someone please let me know? I have been cut off after 22 years of taking two 1mg klons a day. My doctor had no mercy and no sympathy, just said I can't give you that anymore. I have another situation with suboxone also, but that is another subject. I am a bit desperate. I could really use some one to talk to.

Last edited: