• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

⫸STICKY⫷ Questions for Bluelight's New Members!

mtu mwendawazimu

Bluelight Crew
Hey everyone - welcome to Bluelight!

Sit down, get comfy and stay a while.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?

If you have any questions for US, please let a moderator know!

Thank you for taking the time to help out our community, and see you around :)

Test driving as I find this intriguing and potentially informative:

!: It was years of occasional browsing before I signed up. Maybe 12-15yrs... not sure exactly as those days were and are a blur to the time of this posting.
2: I found BL in the process of not being able to find and physical physicians desk reference tome. I used to use a PDR as a youngin to glean a little knowledge on new substances. After digital... typing in a search with bluelight behind, it became the norm. After a while I found that there was much more than substance ID-ing going on. I still wasn't a lounge reader as there was too much knowledge to get distracted... lol
Live here, practically. Very comfy and accepted (I think ;0 ).
3: Wow, most all substances have been used and abused 'cepting MDMA and a few others unknown up to now. Before BL it was anything goes. Mainly it was weed and alcohol up until about the year 2000. The year 2000 brought with it a lot of changes for some reason. Tese changes were welcome but painful. There were also Rx-ed pain meds and benzos. Ahhh, those were the days of walking/living the edge of the abyss and living to tell (or not). Wouldn't change a thing but do not see me going back to staring in the darkness.
4: Injecting, boodi3 bumbing, snorting, eating, drinking whatever.
I now only smoke (weed) and drink (only kratom and an occasional few shots of alcohol). The needle still calls to me one in a while but if I do not have the substance the spike is moot. Solid shit right there. 😁

Thanks for the opportunity to self-reflect and share a bit.
Always,
El Chupacabra

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? I've been lurking since 2008 and just signed up a few hours ago! 12 years is a long time and it doesn't seem that it's been that long to me. Wow.
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way? I don't remember specifically who, but an old friend had recommended me the site when I told them I'd become interested in dabbling with drugs.
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet? I had one brief experience with cocaine (two lines), and some previous underage tobacco use. Mostly though, I was "straight edge" for a number of years so I hadn't ventured out much. I grew up with alcoholic parents that turned me off of substances for a long time.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs? I'd snorted two lines of coke on a whim once and smoked a few cigarettes. Pretty much every other ROA and drug I tried, I tried after learning about it here first.

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Weeks, months, years?
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? Was it from a web search, from a referral from another website, from word of mouth, from social media, or some other way?
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that - including psychoactive prescription drugs, alcohol, cannabis? Had you already tried powdered drugs like cocaine, meth, heroin, ketamine, MDMA powder, etc? or not yet?
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? E.g. snorting, injecting, other ROAs?
1. I joined the first day.
2. Read something on Drugs-forum
3. Pot, mushrooms, coke, meth, ecstasy, alcohol, nicotine, dilauded, oxycontin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, gabapentin, xanax, klonopin
4. Eating, snorting, smoking

I first stumbled upon bluelight some months ago searching for information about alternative ways to “ingest” dmt. Unfortunately I forgot all about this site until today, and since it’s an incredible communal hub of alternative information, I’ve joined.
Plain old web search, the link was in a wiki article.

I’d say I’m an intermediate in the realm of psychedelic use and have journeyed with the more common ones - psyilociben, lsd, lsa (once), dmt and maybe possible 2ci (though that one was never confirmed).
Like many people I had my cannabis days, though I rarely smoke her now. Love alcohol but my body won’t stomach it.
Haven’t done much in the way of powdered drugs. A few mdma experiences, one baby introduction to ketamine. Hyrdocodone had been a bit nice but not entirely my deal. I’ve never done cocaine, meth, etc. probably never will. Heroine seems curious but I know it’s a terrible idea for me lol.

Smoking, snorting, ingesting. The normal stuff.

It’s good to be here and I appreciate the community and all of your dedication to the exploration of these subjects.

Hoping to make some friends and learn a lot about alternative states of consciousness, human potential and chemistry.

Also hoping to find a new vice haha!
Best wishes to you all,

g0df1sh

1. How long was it from first browsing Bluelight to joining up as a member? Stumbled across this site in 2016, just joined very recently.
2. Do you remember how you came to find Bluelight? I was looking up stuff about shooting different pills. At the height of my addiction, if I couldn't inject it and get that rush, I didn't want it.
3. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what drugs had you used prior to that? Alcohol, weed, tobacco, acid, shrooms, crack, coke, meth, adderall, xanax, oxy, norco, dilaudid, morphine, opana, heroin.
4. Thinking back to when you first began using Bluelight, what routes of administration had you tried prior to that? Drink, eat, smoke, snort, inject

I'll throw in.. been here for a little bit though

1. about three short visits in months or less,
2, looking up some random forgotten topic took me to TDS
3. I had had run the gamut, minus most of the NPS. I was interested and looking for a non fellowship approach to addiction treatment. I found a rare amazing community of diverse bright open minds, interested in all kinds of amazing shit.
4. all of them

Last edited:
* 1.) It was about 3ish years ago when I first came across Bluelight. I mentioned in my introduction post how it’s crazy it has taken me this long to actually make and use an account here. 🙄

* 2.) I found Bluelight after I had broken my nose. I left the ER, already beginning to feel the sweats, and watery eyes of the beginnings of withdrawal, got in my car, and tried with absolutely everything I had to snort a line to get right. To no avail. The only logical solution, to me, was to learn how to inject some safely. So I incognito’d my phones browser and started searching. I was very lucky to stumble on BlueLight as early as I had because it was the most helpful. I flipped between threads and also looked into some of the certified medical journals pertaining to phlebotomy and injections. Basically, after reading the BlueLight forums, the most difficult part of my first IV use, was finding a place to purchase a pin in my city/state. There aren’t many pharmacies that allow purchase of pins without a prescription. Luckily I was able to find one not too far away.

* 3.) I had pretty much done my run through with drugs I wanted to try, the biggest thing I turn to BlueLight for is ROI’s

* 4.) Haha totally segued into this one eh?! Prior to my use of BlueLight, I had snorted drugs, parachuted, and smoked. Without the help of BlueLight I would definitely not had such a successful first IV use.

If you have the time, we'd love to know a bit more about how you got here. Feel free to answer as many questions as you'd like - no pressure. But these answers will help Bluelight get a better sense of our community and where Bluelight sits in their drug use trajectories.

Here we go...

1. I think it took me browsing bluelight on and off for about 6 years before actually registering for an account!

2. I believe I found Bluelight when googling a question about drugs, I remember it being on the 2nd or 3rd google results page.

3. If I remember correctly, the drugs I was taking before browsing Bluelight regularly were Marijuana, LSD, Mushrooms, DXM, and some pills (benzos, amps, and opioids)

4. My ROA’s at the time of finding Bluelight consisted mostly of orally, smoking, and snorting.

Glad to be here finally with an account lol

Here we go...

1). About 2 years.
2). A kid in rehab was obsessed with it. He's 42 (well was at the time) and probably still lurking on here in the drug chem profile section meets spirituality idk and then used when I was high for random lurking and reading
3). Meth, cocaine, addys, crack once.. i think.. maybe a klon or two or xanax, weed, alcohol, prescrip drugs
4). I had tried everything but shooting prior and then tried it, unrelated to bluelight. Needles are not for me. needed a trial test run. and another. and a third. but ultimately came to that conclusion (much after the ladies at the clinic would yell in my face for me to breathe just while taking my blood). Yikes.

Second comment here. excited for this lurking turn lurked path meself

1. I think maybe a couple of days viewing as a guest before I had made my account.
2. Oh yeah, I was mentioned in a 2c-i trip report https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...rocodone-tripping-the-light-fantastic.250658/ (I was the guy named D). My friend skylined2 was browsing Bluelight and I asked him what it was, and at the time I was doing a lot of everything, and needed some info.
3. My story starts out like everyone elses. Started with some drinking here and there, then my sisters boyfriend at the time was big into smoking pot, so started with the pot. (I think I was in like grade 5), and sometime in middle school I had got into some powder cocaine and eventually crack. I was a full time crack smoker by the time I had left middle school. Ended up getting kicked out of school, and was sent to an alternative school where I met tons of other people like me and yeah pretty much did everything else in the book.
4. Started drinking, then smoking then snorting then I.V. Didn't really get into slamming shit until maybe late highschool years, so maybe around 16-17 I was IV OC 80s and blow. some K here and there.
Since then I've long sobered up, and have been virtually drug/alcohol free for nearly 5 years. I am not the one to brag about it because in all honesty the only thing keeping me sober is the thought of being drug tested. So if I were like 'living on my own again', yeah I would be high.
:)

Here we go...

Hey everyone im new here! Recovering heroin addict

1. Honestly years, probably close to 15 years it seems like. Mainly because I always just read everyone else’s comments, never really thought to join in for some reason.
2. had to be some google search I did on drugs years ago.
3.alcohol, cannabis
4.drinking, and smoking

Hey everyone im new here! Recovering heroin addict

1. Honestly years, probably close to 15 years it seems like. Mainly because I always just read everyone else’s comments, never really thought to join in for some reason.
2. had to be some google search I did on drugs years ago.
3.alcohol, cannabis
4.drinking, and smoking

Welcome to Bluelight!

What brings you to finally sign up?

Here we go...

1) I had probably signed up about two years after I first visited BL. I basically would just peruse the site looking for any answers to my concerns or curiosity
2) I also had visted Erowids at just about the same time. I think it came to me from a google search
3) I was well into my use of chemicals by the time I found BL. I consider my self an old school heroin addict, that tweaks out in addition to my daily activities of shootin dope. I was into hard drugs early on in life. Shooting heroin since I was 17, now 44. smoking freebase since I was 16. I was also big into the Rave scene, so i enjoyed some nice dopey "pure". we used to cap it ourselves. I think they now refer to it as Molly.
4) I was IV'ing, snorting, oral & smoking..

I am going to be looking for other fellow residents who are interested in becoming an active part of the city's first Union for drug users. . Please message me for details

Thanks for the opportunity to self-reflect and share a bit.
Always,
El Chupacabra
IKR. Maybe someone can post a link in reddit and thems types of sites for those that don't know how to dig.
It seems very permanent and archived as well as here. Here being unique and innovated to say the least.