• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Questions about Suboxen and Hydrocodone (Vicodin)

Pixies

Bluelighter
So, over the last 3 days, I've used Suboxone to bridge my scripts because my Fentanyl Patches were falling off (I'm on 50mcg and am trying like hell to get my Dr. to give me anything else, been on for 3-4 months now, DO NOT LIKE AT ALL). They never last the full 72 hours, and if you've been on them long enough, you'll start feeling shitty anxiety around 24-48 hrs for some people. I would not recommend at all, because now they've JACKED UP my tolerance completely.

Anyways, here is my question, I bought 6 (8/2) strips, I used most yesterday and the day before when it was really bad. Today, I've only taken half of 1. So 4mg. So, out of the 6, I have 1 and 1/2 still left. I was nodding pretty good last night. I took it around Noon-2pm when I felt some of the withdrawls and anxiety come back (my system is eating through this stuff, I think I have that heretical thing where medicine doesn't work that well for me? I dont' know what it's called, someone please help here, it's when medicine like when they try to put you under, or pain meds, or anything really, doesn't work but about 50% for me, like my metabolism goes through it so fast, and I have to re-dose sooner than normal, my Dr. knows this, and still hasn't ordered the genetic test thing to confirm, so I can get the right dosages, don't even ask about my life right now, I'm in NM (Hell) and so frustrated) anyway, so, I can pick up my scrip for 120 10/325 Vics, Hydrocodone. I am given for "Breakthrough Pain". So, I'm wondering, and guessing, that I am not going to exactly "feel them" the same, as I normally would with this stuff still in my system. But, I probably will need something for the Sub and continued Fent withdrawls, right?

So, can substitute that with the vics to help me? I'm wondering how many is it gonna take, and how long will the Subs and stuff still be in me, to affect this medication. God, I really need this not to suck right now. I just got laid off, I have $4 to my name. My credit and debit and bank info was just hacked, and I literally had to cancel everything from a funding source I've been with for like 15 years, so, while all that is being "re-done", I need to figure out how to get a job, or money to pay A) a little under $100, to buy the 3 boxes (5 each) of Fent patches) tomorrow, which I can't do cause I don't have. B) come up with about 800 bucks for all my bills and food and stuff next month, and the other half of this month. I'm having terrible anxiety, and fear of being homeless for the first time in my life. I'm young, and have had to deal with piriformis syndrome and compressed discs, etc, erosion, for like the last decade. So, this has not been a fun life, and I don't know what to do. I have NO family. And no friends atm. Yay for my life. Anyways, I have my Tagamet or whatever it's called tabs, and real Grapefruit Juice, I'm hoping will help make them stronger, does anyone know if black pepper does the same for Hydro? Thanks to anyone who can reply and help or just offer support. Thank you to this community.

<3

Last edited:
OK, well I will update, despite not getting any responses. I used the x2 Tagamet 45 mins before, 15 mins before that, I took 3 Advil, 1/4 10mg Valium, x1 4mg Muscle relaxer, x1 Benadryl. About 45-60 mins later, took them with grapefruit juice, and dropped x8 10's, and after driving around for a little while, since it's hard to find a pharmacy that is 24 hours, it took me a while to get home, I could feel my stomach get a little warm/nice feeling around an hour after taking it. I felt the buzz was a little short of what I was trying to obtain, so I just took 4 more, washed down with soda. And, about 1 1/2 hours after initial dose, I'm feeling pretty good, I'm hoping it's a long one, I need it, my body needs it. I have x6 "pre-loaded" to "plug" tomorrow, obvious NOT in a vein, but somewhere else... haha. So, when I wake up with anxiety, I can lube up, kick that down, and plugging hydro usually takes about 15-20 mins to come on for me. And it's very nice. So, hopefully the minor x3 days of 8/2 sub use didn't "stick" my receptors to being stuck incredibly high, as I went through about 48 of withdrawals cold turkey-ish already, and I think that helped, cause I took a lot of hot baths and showers, which helps to "sweat it out" if you know what I mean. Always a good remedy to it, is a hot bath IMO, I dunno why, but your central nervous system calms the f down when you are in a nice relaxing hot bath, especially if you put in some dead sea salt or some minerals to help with everything. Anyways, just sharing my results, I don't know if they will completely apply to my circumstances, as I am a unique case, because of my metabolism as it is. GL to anyone else who might find this info helpful.

Suboxone takes 7-10 days to feel the full effects of a dose. So 16mgs over 3 days isn't a big deal. You may not feel the full effects from the other drugs you take but it should be back to normal in no time. Im surprised you didn't go into 'precipitated withdrawal' after taking the Suboxone.

Did you say you took 8 10mg Vicodin and then 4 more? Just curious if you're trying to breakthru the suboxone or that is your normal dose before I give advice!

Suboxone takes 7-10 days to feel the full effects of a dose.
Uhh... What? Where did you acquire this disinformation?

@OP, its hard to say how many hydro's you'll need, there isn't a reliable equianalgesia conversion between fentanyl and hydrocodone.

The suboxone may block some of the hydro's analgesic effects, especially if you've been dosing over 2mgs. And be sure not to take the suboxone after you dosed the hydrocodone, otherwise you'll endure precipitated withdrawals.

Good luck, hope everything works out for you!

I feel like I'm missing something.

6 8mg/2mg strips - 1 1/2 remaining 8mg/2mg strips = 4.5 8mg/2mg strips
In other words, you started with 48 mg buprenorphine you took 36mg of buprenorphine and have 12 mg left, forget the naloxone.

If I took that much suboxone, it'd be atleast like 2 days before I could feel anything else. Atleast. And I'd probably need a phat shot that 3rd day.Thats a bit excessive IMO. Even when I had nasty habits, it never took close to that to stave of my withdrawls. I was never trying to get high with it while I on a run or whatever though, minus shooting it for idiotic reasons a few times, so I can't exactly say.

Thats a lot of vicodin to have to take to match that high of a tolerance. Be really careful about the tylenol, depending how many times a day you are dosing or whatever.

Sorry to hear about the struggles. We've all been there. Shit sucks.

I cannot imagine it would be easy to breakthrough either a fent or buprenorphine dose with hydrocodone alone. I have taken hundreds of milligrams of hydrocodone a couple days after taking 2mg buprenoprhine every day for seven days and felt absolutely no effects.

Unless you're beginning to notice withdrawal symptoms, I feel like trying to break through with an APAP-hydrocodone combination (even with a CWE, the more so if one isn't already well versed in performing such a process) would be dangerous and ill advised. Better to wait a bit longer until the buprenorphine wears off a bit or you start feeling symptoms of withdrawal and taking a more reasonable dose.