• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Questions about sub/bupe and dosages after using heroin.

SayingSeven

Bluelighter
so i found a pretty good connection at the beginning of September, and switched back to h from the bupe. i made sure i was in moderate withdrawal, and actually found that my tolerance was quite low. it didn't even take .2 to have me feeling alright. not nodding out or anything, but feeling good. but now i'm back up to 3/4 to a gram a day, and i need to switch back to the subs within the next day or so. i'm just concerned that it's going to take a lot more bupe to stabilize me. i had gotten down to 2-4 mgs. does anyone have any idea whether or not it might be possible to get by on that much again, or will i end up having to take something crazy, like 16mgs or something, just to get rid of the withdrawals? there's a lot of conflicting information out there on this subject. i suppose it's different for different people, but wouldn't mind hearing anyone else's experience.

Can you consult a doctor or medical professional about this?

at this point, i really can't. but since i don't have insurance and not much money left, i would prefer not to anyway. also, i have found that doctors have very limited knowledge on this topic. i have an appointment in about a week to see my Suboxone doctor, who is a really nice guy but has shown that he really doesn't know what he's talking about where buprenorphine is concerned. just reading forums online has been SO much more helpful in answering my questions as they have come up.

well, i had my first (and hopefully last) experience with precipitated withdrawal today. i'm just starting to feel okay now, after dosing the sub around 6 am this morning. it's almost 5pm here now. wow... what a trip. still feel weak, still have a bit of chills/sweats. but getting better by the hour, it seems. hopefully i won't have to miss another day of work. now i'm just wondering when it's safe to take another sub, and how much to take--i'm terrified of having to go through that again.

I'm new to this whole thread thing and don't know how to start a new one yet so I'll ask my question here. I started on Subs 5 days ago from a 10 year opiate addiction including heroin and any opiate I could get ahold of. My most recent binge has been about 4 years since my last sober time. Obviously I still have the cravings, which I'm told will go away, but I've seen many conflicting things about being able to get high off the subs. I've been on 16mgs for 5 days and I don't notice any high from it. I did have bad cravings one day and tried snorting an 8 mg strip (after dosing at the dr with the 16mg sublingual) in 2 mg increments as I've heard u can get a high from snorting but still nothing. Is this because I've been on such a high dose for a few days? Or r the people.getting high on it just crazy? Lol. I would think, even with the bioactivity shit, 16mgs sublingualy would be close to snorting 8 or so so why don't people get high from just taking more sublingualy but do when snorting? Is it just the ceiling effect.... I've reached that and can't ever get high off it? I know what most people r gonna say.... being on subs u shouldn't wanna get high yada yada and obviously I'm not commited to recovery blah blah but I'm just curious if I could get high off it and if so why didn't I???