• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Questions about Methadone

mhansen43

Bluelighter
I just posted about going on methadone a little while ago and I'm copy and pasting this from the recovery forum cause I am hoping to get some more responses. I'll sum it up before my question, my husband and I are getting into methadone on Monday we have about a 4 to 5 bundle a day habit (we snort it) and we've been addicted for around 12 years. It wasn't until recently that we went from 1 bun a day right into 4, 5, up to 8 bundles a day because of all the back pay we got from unemployment (I know that wasn't the best way to use our money but let's not focus on that right now) my question is I'm so scared they are just going to give us a low dose and send us in our way and then we are fucked until we can get another one the next day. How does it work, do they start you are a certain dose and watch you and keep giving you more until you feel better or do they just give you a certain amount and send you home and then you have to deal with it until you can let them know it wasn't enough the next day? My main thing is will they take into consideration the fact that we do 4 or 5 bundles a day and try to treat that the first day, I mean I know they aren't going to just give us like 100mg I get that not do I want that but I feel like with our habit and howong it's been going on 20mg isn't going to do shit when we are sick we both have to do about a bundle and a half just to feel ok like take away most of the sickness so I'm just worried they will give us both a very low dose and we have to deal with it until the best day ya know what has been your experience when going onto methadone for the first time with a high habit? Anything right now would help. I've been through withdraw so many times and precipitated withdraw and the thought alone sends me into a panic attack so I just want to know what we are in for. Thanks in advance!

God I thought uk system was bad but makes your system sound like dream. I was on 1g of strong heroin iv. I know heroin is different in your country but that’s big dose, probably 4 big digs a day. I went on methadone and for a year 80mls held me fine. No matter how stable I was I could not drop, soon as tried I fooled myself was ill and took more.
Went back on to heroin for 4 weeks. Weighed it out into 8 hour blocks and slowly reduced it. Found it lot easier to be ill when knew had some gear at end of it. Gone from 1g too 0.3g. Hard part is now switching back onto meth. Trying 30mls this weekend so feel youpain.
Have seen a guy selling a system “Matt finch” he recommends unless u getting on methadone for maintenance it’s wrong drug to do fast reduction due to its long half life if that’s correct term? He recommend using methadone for less than 4 days unless long term maintenance? Any thoughts? Scam?

I just posted about going on methadone a little while ago and I'm copy and pasting this from the recovery forum cause I am hoping to get some more responses. I'll sum it up before my question, my husband and I are getting into methadone on Monday we have about a 4 to 5 bundle a day habit (we snort it) and we've been addicted for around 12 years. It wasn't until recently that we went from 1 bun a day right into 4, 5, up to 8 bundles a day because of all the back pay we got from unemployment (I know that wasn't the best way to use our money but let's not focus on that right now) my question is I'm so scared they are just going to give us a low dose and send us in our way and then we are fucked until we can get another one the next day. How does it work, do they start you are a certain dose and watch you and keep giving you more until you feel better or do they just give you a certain amount and send you home and then you have to deal with it until you can let them know it wasn't enough the next day? My main thing is will they take into consideration the fact that we do 4 or 5 bundles a day and try to treat that the first day, I mean I know they aren't going to just give us like 100mg I get that not do I want that but I feel like with our habit and howong it's been going on 20mg isn't going to do shit when we are sick we both have to do about a bundle and a half just to feel ok like take away most of the sickness so I'm just worried they will give us both a very low dose and we have to deal with it until the best day ya know what has been your experience when going onto methadone for the first time with a high habit? Anything right now would help. I've been through withdraw so many times and precipitated withdraw and the thought alone sends me into a panic attack so I just want to know what we are in for. Thanks in advance!
I first got my Methadone/Physeptone script in 1990. Back then in London we had to go into the Psyche dept of the hospital for a week for monitoring. At the time I had been doing amphets from 13 at soul nights. Got a 8 a day black bomber script at 16 but taking a lot of tuinal,dyconal until I discovered heroin at 21 (1978 ). I got up to smoking 7g a day. Along with my Biphet and amph sulphate. But it was heroin which was my drug of choice. I was also in a very good well paid job and had a gorgeous lady that only smoked weed who I met at 17. But in 90 she 1st got cancer and I decided to stop. Came out of hospital with a 130ml a day script. Big difference from what I was taking. And tho it did not completely hold me I didn't use on top. I had decided to stop for the 1st time in 20 years. I gave up the speed over 3 months as I was tired of it. WE did start taking a few ecstacy pills and some coke. I cut down from 130ml daily to 70ml by 10ml a day per week tho my drugs councilor suggested slower. But was fine. I then went slower to 50ml. Then my lady died. And of course I went bonkers. Anything and everything. My tollerance went sky high. After 2 years I decided to end it all. This was 3 years ago. I went to Goa India. Had a week of taking as much heroin as I could get into me. I decided to end it the next day. So was bought a Oz of white heroin and went and got very high on MDMA. Sitting in a bar at 4am feeling very sorry for myself. Crying, someone put their hands over my eyes and said guess who? It tirned out to be a friend of ours we me in Goa 10 years B4. Anyways things led to things. I ended up throwing the gear into the toilet. I went back to London. Got another script of 50ml. The lady came to live with me. I cut down to nothing over 6 months. And have only smoked weed now for 3 years. The lady is half my age - 31. We have been married now 2 years and she is expecting a baby early December. My 1st child at 63!!! Ive now decided to stop even the cannabis. This may be difficult. But I wont beat myself up if I dont manage it
Please guys. Methadone WORKS! All depends how serious we are to stop. Ive realized just how fast life can change from good to bad to fantastic. I know its easy for me to say now but unless you have a terminal illness. Just keep fighting. Sorry for ranting or waffling!

Beautiful man. Yeah I’ve decided with Covid and everything else now I’ve lowered habit it’s time to stabilise back on meth. 30ml holds me. Just felt at 80 had so far to go. Now over last few days deleted all dealers, thrown gear and works away. Was stable for year till love of my life thinking was doing right thing pressured me to cut down meth. I made promises couldn’t keep, she dumped me. Still In touch but she couldn’t cope with me on methadone.

Sorry but from uk. What is a bundle?? What we call “bag” I over here depending where in country a bag is .1g to 0.3g of heroin.

I first got my Methadone/Physeptone script in 1990. Back then in London we had to go into the Psyche dept of the hospital for a week for monitoring. At the time I had been doing amphets from 13 at soul nights. Got a 8 a day black bomber script at 16 but taking a lot of tuinal,dyconal until I discovered heroin at 21 (1978 ). I got up to smoking 7g a day. Along with my Biphet and amph sulphate. But it was heroin which was my drug of choice. I was also in a very good well paid job and had a gorgeous lady that only smoked weed who I met at 17. But in 90 she 1st got cancer and I decided to stop. Came out of hospital with a 130ml a day script. Big difference from what I was taking. And tho it did not completely hold me I didn't use on top. I had decided to stop for the 1st time in 20 years. I gave up the speed over 3 months as I was tired of it. WE did start taking a few ecstacy pills and some coke. I cut down from 130ml daily to 70ml by 10ml a day per week tho my drugs councilor suggested slower. But was fine. I then went slower to 50ml. Then my lady died. And of course I went bonkers. Anything and everything. My tollerance went sky high. After 2 years I decided to end it all. This was 3 years ago. I went to Goa India. Had a week of taking as much heroin as I could get into me. I decided to end it the next day. So was bought a Oz of white heroin and went and got very high on MDMA. Sitting in a bar at 4am feeling very sorry for myself. Crying, someone put their hands over my eyes and said guess who? It tirned out to be a friend of ours we me in Goa 10 years B4. Anyways things led to things. I ended up throwing the gear into the toilet. I went back to London. Got another script of 50ml. The lady came to live with me. I cut down to nothing over 6 months. And have only smoked weed now for 3 years. The lady is half my age - 31. We have been married now 2 years and she is expecting a baby early December. My 1st child at 63!!! Ive now decided to stop even the cannabis. This may be difficult. But I wont beat myself up if I dont manage it
Please guys. Methadone WORKS! All depends how serious we are to stop. Ive realized just how fast life can change from good to bad to fantastic. I know its easy for me to say now but unless you have a terminal illness. Just keep fighting. Sorry for ranting or waffling!

Interesting story here.

Methadone worked for me too. I was on 380mg a day at one point. Ive been off for a long time now, and while I still occasionally fool with opioids, I generally avoid anything serious.

They will generally start you at 20mg-30mg, sometimes 40mg. My first dose was 40mg but it was in two doses. At the private clinic I went to (in the US) they had me take 20 or 30mg, then had me wait around for 2 hours or so, after which point I requested more.

They may start you at a higher dose than normal if you inform them you are a heavy user. But my guess is that they wont give you more than 30mg the first day. Definitely not more than 40mg.

Sorry but from uk. What is a bundle?? What we call “bag” I over here depending where in country a bag is .1g to 0.3g of heroin.
A bundle is 10 bags so I'm doing around 40 to 50 bags a day and more if I could afford it

They will generally start you at 20mg-30mg, sometimes 40mg. My first dose was 40mg but it was in two doses. At the private clinic I went to (in the US) they had me take 20 or 30mg, then had me wait around for 2 hours or so, after which point I requested more.

They may start you at a higher dose than normal if you inform them you are a heavy user. But my guess is that they wont give you more than 30mg the first day. Definitely not more than 40mg.
How much were you using and did it help what they gave you the first day?

A bundle is 10 bags so I'm doing around 40 to 50 bags a day and more if I could afford it
But term bag in uk depending on area could be anything from 0.1g of rubbish too 0.3g of heaven. I know it’s off topic but how much you pay for “bag “

But term bag in uk depending on area could be anything from 0.1g of rubbish too 0.3g of heaven. I know it’s off topic but how much you pay for “bag “

But the term 'bag' is quite arbitrary. We get £10 bags which should be 0.1g (though normally less) and £20 bags which can be up to 0.3g depending on dealer. I've also heard that £5 bags are becoming common again - fuck knows what's in them. But when I was in the game, a 'ball' was 10 x £10 bags - approximately a g. Things may have changed since then though.

However, this has gone a little off topic and without knowing how the drug clinics operate in the OP's area, it's hard to say. Normally they will try and fob you off with the lowest dose of methadone they can get away with, but will usually increase the dose if you bitch enough about it. But don't, despair, methadone is an extremely effective substitute as long as you give it chance and can really turn your life around...

Yeah off topic but has anyone seen “ Matt finch” charging people for his secret no pain withdrawal program? Anyone looked into it?
I know he claims u shouldn’t do methadone for over 4 days. I assume he is advocating some kind of fast reduction using it to lower habit without getting u addicted. Anyone know?

Yeah off topic but has anyone seen “ Matt finch” charging people for his secret no pain withdrawal program? Anyone looked into it?
I know he claims u shouldn’t do methadone for over 4 days. I assume he is advocating some kind of fast reduction using it to lower habit without getting u addicted. Anyone know?

Never heard of him mate. But the whole point of methadone is to provide stability thanks to it's long half life which means you dont need to redose multiple times a day. It takes weeks to stabilise on methadone from heroin, so a fast taper over 4 days ain't gonna do shit...

Never heard of him mate. But the whole point of methadone is to provide stability thanks to it's long half life which means you dont need to redose multiple times a day. It takes weeks to stabilise on methadone from heroin, so a fast taper over 4 days ain't gonna do shit...
No I know that’s why for my fast reduction I used minimal amounts of heroin, dropped habit by 60% over 4 weeks. Now doing hard part and stabilising on meth. Taking 30mills and so far so good.

No I know that’s why for my fast reduction I used minimal amounts of heroin, dropped habit by 60% over 4 weeks. Now doing hard part and stabilising on meth. Taking 30mills and so far so good.

Just googled that Matt Finch guy and he sounds like the junkie equivalent of the 'How to get rich without getting off your arse' brigade.

There are no shortcuts when it comes to recovery, especially if some cunt is charging for the 'secret'.

Stick with it mate, it's worth it in the end...

Just googled that Matt Finch guy and he sounds like the junkie equivalent of the 'How to get rich without getting off your arse' brigade.

There are no shortcuts when it comes to recovery, especially if some cunt is charging for the 'secret'.

Stick with it mate, it's worth it in the end...
That’s what thought if sounds to good to be true it probably is

[/QUOTEwhy would you go to methadone clinic when you can just use suboxone. Unless you have no insurance I don't get it. Everyone say the sr stay on low dose wo t be in itong. Then it's 25 years later. Methadone is a better option than what you are current doing. Suboxone is your ideal solution.

Well I went for my first dose today and they gave me 30mg and it didn't even touch my withdrawal the doctor said it probably wouldn't but that was the most he could give me right now and they will go up by 5mg every couple of days until I'm stable but he also told me that if I needed to go use it was fine but not to do as much as I normally would do. I did go get some junk cause I was hardcore in the middle of withdraw only because the stupid fucking nurse said I had to be in withdraw so I was on around hour 16 when I went in there and the doctor even said I didn't have to be in withdraw. So I am going to stick with it but unfortunately I'm going to have to use with it until I am up to a dose I am comfortable on. I appreciate all your responses and I'll keep you updated if you want on my progress as I move forward, it's nice to have a sounding board especially with this because it's so new to me and I appreciate the advice and just chit chat

Well I went for my first dose today and they gave me 30mg and it didn't even touch my withdrawal the doctor said it probably wouldn't but that was the most he could give me right now and they will go up by 5mg every couple of days until I'm stable but he also told me that if I needed to go use it was fine but not to do as much as I normally would do. I did go get some junk cause I was hardcore in the middle of withdraw only because the stupid fucking nurse said I had to be in withdraw so I was on around hour 16 when I went in there and the doctor even said I didn't have to be in withdraw. So I am going to stick with it but unfortunately I'm going to have to use with it until I am up to a dose I am comfortable on. I appreciate all your responses and I'll keep you updated if you want on my progress as I move forward, it's nice to have a sounding board especially with this because it's so new to me and I appreciate the advice and just chit chat

If you are doing American dope then those bundles you were using were most likely fentanyl. 30mg of methadone won't put a big dent in that. Fentanyl withdrawal is next level.

Crazy that the doctor actually encouraged you to go use if necessary. That 30-40mg max makes little sense in the case of people with giant habits.

Methadone works, stick with it.