• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Questions about IV benedryl and promethazine and a few other things.

L

Longfiend

Ive quit mdone cold turkey 3 weeks ago and not relapsed yet though I've hade it in my hands twice since stopping. Im 30 and have not been off the needle since around 16 except while in jail or the 2 yrs I went to the mdone clinic. Still did h, sold my take homes blahblah.

So I've been having extreme cravings for h, my DoC. .I find myself doing things I don't like just to try to stop the cravings and be able to work, like uppers. I don't like uppers. I enjoy a good speedball and find iv coke of good quality enjoyable but my life long needle. It's lead me to homelessness living in the woods alone talking to the needle saying stuff like "wow this a huge shot, probably lots of fent in it, don't kill me please. OK well you can kill me, I could never stay mad at you" all alone.

Anyway I've turned down free h and mdone handed to me and wouldn't do it, I know 3 weeks is a joke to most but it's 3 weeks longer than I've ever voluntarily quit before. I just had a son and promised myself I'd only do this stupid shit as long as I was only fuckin up my own life. I couldn't live with myself if I stayed on H with him in this world (unless I'm an old man with a few months to live, in that case I'm going to be shooting space H into my pupils Orr w.e ppl do in the future.

TL DR I have brand new ampoules of Phenergan and benedryl and have shot them a few times. The Phenergan burned like hell and gave horrid tracks. I've read that it scorched veins. IV benedryl was weak but I'd take handfuls of them to increase my nod daily on H and 50 mg is nothing for me, I'd need 10 times that minimum. Last night I ate some bars. Filled 2 rigs so full there was barely enough room to get a flash to see if I was in. Tied off well and quickly shot both rigs full into the last 2 use able veins in that arm. Wife helped. Did a semi slow push while ever so slightly releasing tourniquet and nothing really happened. Maybe all the bars overwhelmed it? Maybe tolerace is the issue. I just want to feel a little different. Wds still going. Getting to the end of it but I still can't sleep w/o benzos and have gone thru to rx in w days but I share them w my cousins since they took me in out of the cold but I'm cutting them off bc they're leeching meds I need to be able to get up and work.

Rehab isn't an option, I'm refusing all opiates and all my rigs are sterile and I only use them once, the meds are in Teri le ampoules straight from Dr office,

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what exactly is your question?
Shooting so much benadryl and promethazine can be dangerous, shooting benadryl can result in necrosis and an OD of antihistamines is really unpleasant.

I wreaked havoc on my veins shooting up heroin and Benadryl ( and sometimes hydroxyzine which is the AH to shoot if you're going to do this dumb shit). it got so bad for me that me and my ex girlfriend would throw a whole thirty pack of the capsuled powder into a big spoon, squirt 5mL of water over it, suck it up through one slip tip syringe (with no needle) then take another slip tip, shove a ripped off piece of coffee filter down the barrel, backloaded the Benadryl into that syringe, then attached the plunger to push out the filtered Benadryl which would spaghetti out in a foam just like when you micron filter something (only this wasn't nearly as safe or effective but it's a good substitute method if you're going to shoot up super dangerous OTC pills. With the resulting solution squirted into another spoon I'd then hold it over a stove with a light flame to evaporate it down to about 2mL and then we'd each draw up our dope with 1mL containing approximately 15x25mg benadryls (probably lost some but not much).

Even using this rediculous (but necessary for so many capsules) method of filtration, the shots were extremely destructive to the body, I was already having trouble finding new veins as my arms were blown and injecting Benadryl intravenously insured that if I did get an issue, it'd be the last flash I'd ever see from that vein. Injecting promethazine IV is even worse, the box for IM promethazine ampoules has a black box warning against the intravenous use of the drug due to the severity of the damage it causes to the tissue.

idk why but I also found it (while not euphoric and often the exact opposite) really addictive, so slamming AH's in general is just terrible. I wish I had never even read about it on this site (not trying to place any blame, I've since met people who have been doing the same thing too, it's kind of an old school practice o guess, ever since drug addicts got a taste of diconal). It can also cause delirium and severe dehydration/dryness, you're honestly better off shooting heroin or getting back on methadone. I understand your trepidation to start using iv narcotics, it sounds like we've been through the same shit in our addiction, but come on man, you're better than this...you're literally just hurting yourself so you can run a shot, I've been there, injecting Wellbutrin as a cheap Coke replacement and it's just dumb, why not just get on suboxone?

I apologize for going on so long, it's just when I see a post like this I can really relate so I wan a take the time to try and help you because this type of drug use is so destructive man, i hope you don't continue. if you don't want to do maintenance you should try taking Kratom, it is incredibly helpful when it comes to withdrawal and at the right dose you will feel a very pleasant and noticeable opiate effect from it. It's also a good way to get away from the needle. I always thought the stuff was bullshit and only worked for little girls with a 10mg hydrocodone habit, but when I was kicking a 2+ year IV Tar habit two weeks back that stuff saved my ass and I was only using 8-10 grams (though I had cold turkey end the first four days), I bet with some decent quality and a good strain you could get off on it too.

Aw, you're a sweetheart, really that made me feel nice, so are you btw ��

Aw, you're a sweetheart, really that made me feel nice, so are you btw ��

Nothing to thank for, I really enjoy reading your stories, even though they are kinda depressing, because of all the stuff you had to go through.